PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Oops...

http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=97329

Sorry bout that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Hopefully these games turn out to be such a disaster that it starts the process of bringing down the IOC. They're rotten to the core, corrupt beyond belief, to the point that they make FIFA look honest. Canada should withdraw our entire team out of concern for their health alone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:55 pm

ummm, it isn't oil. 8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:56 am

Thanos Thanos:
Canada should withdraw our entire team out of concern for their health alone.

Damn good idea, if not the entire team, at least those who would be placed in jeopardy due to the conditions of the playing areas.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:30 am

Thanos Thanos:
Hopefully these games turn out to be such a disaster that it starts the process of bringing down the IOC. They're rotten to the core, corrupt beyond belief, to the point that they make FIFA look honest. Canada should withdraw our entire team out of concern for their health alone.

I like the idea of the Olympics but it has become so corrupted that this might actually be the first time I don't watch it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Thanos Thanos:

I like the idea of the Olympics but it has become so corrupted that this might actually be the first time I don't watch it.

Haven't since 1996. Summer or winter.

Except the hockey, can't stay from that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:41 am

I lost interest in the Olympics after NBC kept interrupting their coverage of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics to interject "breaking news" about a fucking animated movie "How to train your dragon".

It was irritating and distracting.

After that I've refused to watch because now the focus isn't on the games but on the stupid fucking 'human interest' stories that are sometimes not even remotely related to the games.

At least with the London games one of the dear people here on CKA gave me access to a UK proxy which allowed me to watch BBC coverage of the games which was far and away all over the twaddle that NBC was carrying.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:54 am

Hyack Hyack:
Thanos Thanos:
Canada should withdraw our entire team out of concern for their health alone.

Damn good idea, if not the entire team, at least those who would be placed in jeopardy due to the conditions of the playing areas.

From all the news articles about Rio in general right now, I would say all of it could jeopardize the athletes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:54 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I lost interest in the Olympics after NBC kept interrupting their coverage of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics to interject "breaking news" about a fucking animated movie "How to train your dragon".

It was irritating and distracting.

After that I've refused to watch because now the focus isn't on the games but on the stupid fucking 'human interest' stories that are sometimes not even remotely related to the games.

At least with the London games one of the dear people here on CKA gave me access to a UK proxy which allowed me to watch BBC coverage of the games which was far and away all over the twaddle that NBC was carrying.

I found that US coverage consisted entirely of US athletes and their "struggles" and ignored some amazing performances by other nations athletes.

Even Canadian coverage was better! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:13 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

Even Canadian coverage was better! :lol:

I dunno, all we got was hours and hours of fucking volley ball, with sparse coverage of all the other sports.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:25 am

You've gotta imagine the athletes dilemma - they get to go to the Olympics, but they have to paddle through brown trout, syringes and diseases, putting their health at risk to do it.

What do you do, give up on your dream, or risk all manner of illnesses?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:21 pm

The best idea I heard after the overpriced Putin vanity project in Sochi was to have a permanent site for both the summer and winter games. That way this sort of thing isn't likely to happen and there won't be any worries over the readiness of the venues or infrastructure.

But that will never happen. The IOC couldn't line it's pockets enough like that. It's like Fifa and the IOC have a competition on to see which is the most corrupt.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:24 pm

xerxes xerxes:
But that will never happen. The IOC couldn't line it's pockets enough like that. It's like Fifa and the IOC have a competition on to see which is the most corrupt.

Exactly! A race to the bottom between the two most corrupt "sports" organizations on the planet.