CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:56 am

Ouch.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:01 am

Might have to start watching Alberta Kijiji for a used fishing boat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:13 am

The CBC commenters were up to their usual classy snuff. Anyone who ever doubts that the Andys in this country make up a huge percentage of the population should just visit websites like CBC. It's an eye opener if nothing else when you find out that kind of peevishness and pettiness isn't a minority opinion in Canada. If anything it's quite a large majority.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:36 am

Thanos Thanos:
The CBC commenters were up to their usual classy snuff. Anyone who ever doubts that the Andys in this country make up a huge percentage of the population should just visit websites like CBC. It's an eye opener if nothing else when you find out that kind of peevishness and pettiness isn't a minority opinion in Canada. If anything it's quite a large majority.

Never read the comments on the CBC site. It makes me embarrassed that I served this country for over 25 years. :(

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:50 am

Report says not fact, also the comments on the CBC (Bias) article show this is already being used against Harper. The worst part is so called Canadians are taking enjoyment at people losing their jobs and homes. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:00 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Report says not fact, also the comments on the CBC (Bias) article show this is already being used against Harper. The worst part is so called Canadians are taking enjoyment at people losing their jobs and homes. :evil:

On the flip side, a lot of Albertan's were quick to snub their nose to the rest of Canada when things were going really well in the oil sector.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Thanos Thanos:

Never read the comments on the CBC site. It makes me embarrassed that I served this country for over 25 years. :(

I highly doubt that the comments section of any site--including the CBC--are reflective of people in general. If I did I think I'd be permanently depressed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I highly doubt that the comments section of any site--including the CBC--are reflective of people in general. If I did I think I'd be permanently depressed.

I would hope so, maybe it's just reflective of the type of people who frequent the CBC. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:20 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
BRAH BRAH:

On the flip side, a lot of Albertan's were quick to snub their nose to the rest of Canada when things were going really well in the oil sector.

Don't know anyone who did that. Most of us got pissed off though at getting Dutch Disease blamed for what the free trade deals and fifteen years of McGuinty/Wynne did to Ontario. The FTA'S might be some bit of collective guilt but all that provincial Liberal stuff had nothing to do with Alberta.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 pm

No disrespect intended.

I'd just really like a deal on an aluminum boat somebody can't afford anymore...

[titanic]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:46 pm

No problem. If Storage Wars proved anything it's that the world will always need carrion eaters. :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:50 pm

[eat]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanos Thanos:
No problem. If Storage Wars proved anything it's that the world will always need carrion eaters. :twisted:

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Turns out the oil industry is just made up of a bunch of Thanos type drama queens:

$1:
Todd Hirsch, the chief economist with ATB Financial, says he finds the numbers to be too pessimistic.

"For years, that group was ringing the alarm bells about shortage of labour saying we have to do something dramatic to increase labour supply and skills training. And now this change in tone?"

Hirsch is expecting an adjustment in the labour market. Over the past several months, resource jobs are down, as are construction jobs.

"There's no question that the labour market has weakened in the last year," said Hirsch. "But we were going into this with almost an overheated labour market, and some correction probably to take some of the froth off the market isn't such a bad thing."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/o ... -1.3080427