CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:24 pm

Face eating leopard gonna face eat.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:38 pm

She knew he was a scorpion before she swam him across the river.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:28 pm

Saw a post on another site from a guy who says he's leaving Alberta. All his neighbours have gone communist.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:54 pm

Communist. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:05 pm

Radical 'Take Back Alberta' group dominates UCP

These are off the deep end nut jobs that have a direct line of communication with the UCP leadership. If this isn't a wake up call for the right I fail to see what would be.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:29 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:53 pm

This election was more razor thin than the results let on...

The UCP LOST 11 seats, and really some of the ridings they hung onto was by a fraction of a percent.

We'll see if the UCP realize this and try not to run up the flag for team batshit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:27 pm

Sweet summer child...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:59 pm

llama66 llama66:
This election was more razor thin than the results let on...

The UCP LOST 11 seats, and really some of the ridings they hung onto was by a fraction of a percent.

We'll see if the UCP realize this and try not to run up the flag for team batshit.

Team Batshit is all they have left for a roster. And calling all the shots now and will expect to have ALL of their agenda imposed. Smith went on CBC already today to crow about her "massive mandate" and how she now has carte blanche to do what she wants.

Expect the "compassionate conservative" & "I want to unite all Albertans" mask to come off very soon, and that rather unconvincing disguise was only held on before by some pretty cheap discount costume glue anyway. Today is just Day One of the hammer coming down. Any hope non-UCP and non-TBA Albertans have left resides in the power of the federal government to legally stymie whatever excessive unconstitutional nuttiness the UCP have in mind. The feds can most likely stop whatever nonsense the UCP want to do to health care dead in its tracks, as per the powers of the Canada Health Act. And the vast bulk of the "sovereignty" bullshit won't even get approval from the provincial courts, much less the Supreme Court. Then again the feds thwarting the UCP is entirely dependent on Trudeau's needs of the moment. Is it in his best interest to ride to the rescue? Or is it best for him to let us all hang, guilty and innocent alike, because his staff and the Liberal upper ranks have decided it's more politically beneficial for them to abandon us altogether? We simply won't know what way the feds will go until the upcoming multiple moments of crisis occur.

A lot of the rest of it though, especially things like the $20 billion giveaway to the oil companies to clean up their old defunct sites, that they were already paid in the form of reduced royalties to fucking clean up a long time ago? Or the coal mine approvals handed out to the Australian mining companies? Yeah, all that's off to the races now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:33 pm

I think we are going to see a lot of protesting. 40% of Albertans do not approve of the UCP plans. And when it starts to affect us, we will have our voices heard. Then they will have to actually govern 'for all Albertans' like they have been chirping.

And I really don't understand why the media didn't spend more time on the link between the UCP and Take Back Alberta.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:02 pm

CBC covered TBA quite thoroughly. So did the internet independents and various Twitter/Facebook people. I can't speak for CTV or Global because I don't bother with them on my daily internet travels. It was the provincial Postmedia papers (Herald, Journal, both SUNs) who really dropped the ball and ignored TBA altogether. Aside from a mention here and there in a Don Braid column every once a while over the last several months one could almost be lulled into thinking by Postmedia that TBA didn't exist at all, despite all the strings connecting TBA to their UCP puppets being in plain sight for anyone willing to see.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:10 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Aside from a mention here and there in a Don Braid column every once a while over the last several months one could almost be lulled into thinking by Postmedia that TBA didn't exist at all, despite all the strings connecting TBA to their UCP puppets being in plain sight for anyone willing to see.

That's what I mean. I saw it a lot on CBC. Even a good episode of 'Helluva Story'.

But the people who needed to know about it before the election don't like CBC. So it was all the other networks that dropped the ball on an important story affecting the election. But I shouldn't be surprised. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:17 pm

A lot of them would have gotten all their information from Ezra Levant too. As such they'd certainly know about TBA and instead of seeing them as the puppetmasters they are they instead regard them as the activist wing of an ideology they already share with them.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1675 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 87  88  89  90  91  92  93 ... 112  Next