Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:28 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
The Alberta Government's COVID-19 plan visualized:

The other 30% don't want shark proof suits and believe the sharks are fake.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:53 am

raydan raydan:
bootlegga bootlegga:
The Alberta Government's COVID-19 plan visualized:

The other 30% don't want shark proof suits and believe the sharks are fake.

And 15% of them believe that Parvo vaccine will protect them from sharks.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:24 am

The plan now is to bribe the unvaccinated into doing the right thing :evil:

$1:
A one-time incentive of $100 is now available for all Albertans age 18 or older who receive a first or second dose of vaccine between Sept. 3 and Oct. 14.

This incentive is intended to encourage unvaccinated Albertans to get protected as soon as possible.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:38 am

Just heard Randy state that. So, with masking going back into effect tomorrow, people who are fully vaccinated get more restrictions, but those who didn't want to get the vaccine get $100.

Because Freedumbs!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:41 am

Offer the bribe to 12 and overs. What kid would say no to $100?
One way to get around the ignoroid parent problem!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:53 am

Good thing the pandemic is over, because summer of vaccines!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:11 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Just heard Randy state that....

The real Randy would do a much better job because people in the park cared about each other, dammit. Plus he'd work for only $4600 a year. 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:12 am

Now I'm pissed.

Alberta to bring in out-of-province contract nurses as COVID-19 patients fill hospitals

So they'll hire nurses at $70 an hour, but the nurses we have must work overtime and take a %5 pay cut?

:evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:48 pm

^
Big savings!
Smart conservative economics!
Fiscal responsibility!

And no matter how badly they'll fuck up, and it's guaranteed they'll fuck up even more and even worse in the two years remaining until the next election, the UCP will still most likely get re-elected with the endorsement/connivance of the Alberta media. Being the worst and most incompetent government in Alberta history, and maybe even in all of Canadian history, won't make a difference because to the knuckle-draggers NDP will always equal COMMUNISM!

We're fucked, homie. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:57 am

I don't think so. More people I talk to roll their eyes when I mention the UCP. They may be catching on that the NDP wasn't so bad in comparison.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:35 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I don't think so. More people I talk to roll their eyes when I mention the UCP. They may be catching on that the NDP wasn't so bad in comparison.

I think the NDP is still considered too far left for a lot of voters, so we need a strong centre party to convince people to vote. I know that many progressives here think the NDP is a centre party, and Notley's group would be in most provinces, but not in far right Alberta.

I'd argue that here they are considered far left because of how many labour and environmental initiatives they rapidly brought in during their term, and it probably makes them a bridge too far for a lot of voters. That's why the next government needs to be an NDP minority government, hopefully supported by a rejuvenated Alberta Party.

Barring that, I foresee see a UCP minority supported by a small Wildrose Independence Party caucus, which would be even worse than the shitshow we have now. PDT_Armataz_01_32

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:23 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I'd argue that here they are considered far left because of how many labour and environmental initiatives they rapidly brought in during their term, and it probably makes them a bridge too far for a lot of voters.

I'd vote Alberta Party, if I knew who their new leader is as a politician. I liked Mandell. He was pretty level headed.

And it's ironic if too many voters saw the NDP for being too far left for bringing Alberta labour standards up to those in the rest of Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:24 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I'd argue that here they are considered far left because of how many labour and environmental initiatives they rapidly brought in during their term, and it probably makes them a bridge too far for a lot of voters.

I'd vote Alberta Party, if I knew who their new leader is as a politician. I liked Mandell. He was pretty level headed.

And it's ironic if too many voters saw the NDP for being too far left for bringing Alberta labour standards up to those in the rest of Canada.

It sounded like Mandel was going to be a strong, high-profile leader, but he had a couple wonky ideas (self-driving vehicle lane on the QEII for example) that got all kinds of bad press and I think that hurt the party.

I don't know much about Barry Morishita either, just that he was Mayor of Brooks and the former president of the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8158363/albe ... morishita/

He seems pretty level headed, but I'll have to wait until I see the platform and such to see if I'll support them or not.

Ideally I'd like the Alberta Liberals to get revived, because they were a strong opposition throughout the 90s and early 2000s, but the Liberal brand is dead in Alberta with Trudeau running the federal party, even if the provincial party is not tied to the feds. Maybe the two parties can merge and form one strong centre option, but time will tell.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  23 ... 112  Next