canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:19 pm

I thought the Monorail was more like the pancake breakfasts at Stampede. Photo opportunity followed by lots of death.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:22 pm

I thought going around and around with no real destination, but costing piles of money, described both the war room and Monorail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Why not both? And I'm genuinely looking forward to what the UCP comes up with that's identical to the time Homer faked his own death, by falling in the river and getting sucked into the hydroelectric dam's turbines, in order to get out of going to the company picnic. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Randy's "leadership" review. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Kenney is what happens after Birchibald T. Barlow on the Alberta talk-radio stations puts in a full effort to convince the dullards to vote in Sideshow Bob instead of Diamond Joe Quimby. "I'm against his killing the average citizen through his gross incompetent COVID plan, but I really want that upper class tax cut". 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:48 am

Edmonton man creates unofficial QR code verifying app ahead of the province

I wonder how many millions the government is wasting on foreign software companies to recreate this app, when this guy did it for nothing and 10X faster.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:45 am

$1:
Alberta’s energy minister says the current spike in oil prices isn’t enough reason to require the industry to spend more on cleaning up the tens of thousands of abandoned oil and gas wells in the province.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8254763/albe ... l-cleanup/

Sigh...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:16 am

Behind the blue line: Investigating Abdullah Shah

Investigative series about one of Edmonton's notorious landlords. This past summer, someone shot him in the face, and everyone sort of went "meh".

I wanted to cross post this to the Omnibus Good Guy's thread because a Mountie leaked this to the press, and got suspended from his job because he felt it was his duty to report himself for leaking it to the press.

Good on him for doing the right things.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Former UCP MLA Drew Barnes explores forming a new rural Alberta political party

And there's the potential split on the right wing I've feared for more than a year now...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:52 am

Why fear it? Let the moderates go to the Alberta Party; the Puppets stay with the UCP, and the crazies hook up with Barnes. The NDP will come up the middle and score touchdowns.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Why fear it? Let the moderates go to the Alberta Party; the Puppets stay with the UCP, and the crazies hook up with Barnes. The NDP will come up the middle and score touchdowns.

I'm worried for three reasons - the first is that Barnes argues that they should run in 41 ridings, which gets them close to a majority, and odds are they could win say 30 to 35 of those seats (maybe more).

The second is that if they have that many, I'm worried the puppets will align with the crazies, and not the NDP...and I think that's likely because most of them are fiscal conservatives (MLAs like McIver, Ellis, Issik, Copping, Glubish, etc.).

The third is that the Alberta Party still has yet to show it is viable party in Alberta and I think a fair number of moderates will hold their noses and vote UCP because they are the 'sane alternative' to the crazy rural conservatives, and most likely to get re-elected. After the UCP puppet MLAs mentioned above get re-elected, they'll throw their hats in with the rural party, because there's no way they can go back to 'Albertastan'.

And then it will be the worst of the worst conservatives running the asylum, which is even worse than it is now.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I have no faith in most conservatives (PC, Wildrose, etc.) in this province, because the vast majority of them have shown time and again that they care more about power and prestige than running the province well.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I have no faith in most conservatives (PC, Wildrose, etc.) in this province, because the vast majority of them have shown time and again that they care more about power and prestige than running the province well.

Maybe? ;) I do see your point about power. After all, Randy moved here specifically to be anointed Premier, once the CPC crumbled in the election. And things might go down that way, just in a worse case scenario. I don't think there are enough of any one group to form a majority, so the NDP would be government by default.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Behind the blue line: Investigating Abdullah Shah

Investigative series about one of Edmonton's notorious landlords.

Part 2

Project Fisk and the allegations against Abdullah Shah

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:06 am

$1:
Edmonton non-profit shuts down after being forced to leave surplus government building

An Edmonton non-profit organization that helped refugees and disaster victims for 34 years is shutting down after the Alberta government ended its no-cost lease at its downtown location.

The board of directors for the Edmonton Emergency Relief Services Society (EERSS) tried to find a new home but were unable to find anything affordable.

"Because we couldn't find a building in time, the board made a decision that we would dissolve the organization," said treasurer Shane Harnish.

EERSS based its operations in a surplus government building known as Warehouse #3 at 10255 104th St.

The province leased the building to the society under a no-cost, month-to-month agreement. It also provided maintenance and upkeep for free at a cost of about $90,000 a year.

The situation changed last spring when the building's boiler broke down. Alberta Infrastructure decided that the cost to repair or replace the equipment was too high.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.6210416

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 21  22  23  24  25  26  27 ... 33  Next