Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Behind the blue line: Investigating Abdullah Shah

Investigative series about one of Edmonton's notorious landlords.

Part 2

Project Fisk and the allegations against Abdullah Shah

How a stolen police badge raised concerns about Abdullah Shah and his connections with Edmonton police

$1:
On March 8, 2019, during the Project Fisk investigation, Behiels discovered Shah and [Police Superintendent] McIsaac had recently communicated with each other.

Nine days earlier, detectives had seized a cellphone as part of an investigation into allegations of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence — aggravated assault — levelled against Shah, Behiels wrote in his 2019 report to McFee.

The phone logs revealed that in mid-afternoon on Feb. 26, 2019, Shah called McIsaac and the two men spoke for just under two minutes.

Five minutes later, Shah texted two images to McIsaac. The photos were of a police badge that had been reported stolen in November 2018 along with the affected officer's police identification card.

At the time the two men spoke, Shah was being actively investigated by police under Project Fisk.

"I don't believe that [Shah] was aware there was an investigation. There was an investigative strategy," McIsaac wrote to CBC News when asked about the phone calls and text messages.

"If [Shah] knew there was an investigation, he probably would have changed his communication process … If I did not answer his calls, he may have been suspicious."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:51 pm

Did my civic duty with the voting and the oiven and the glavin today. Now just waiting to see if my dreams came true and everything the UCP supports gets defeated.

PS: ABF - Anyone But Farkas! :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Looks like mostly centrists and soft-lefties won in Calgary tonight. And only 1400 twisted souls voted for Kevin J. Johnston where I was expecting that maniac to get at least 20000 votes given the way too many people have been behaving in this city lately. Glad I was wrong on this one.

Overall tonight:

- "fiscal conservatism", that utter joke of a concept, got massively rejected with Farkas' loss in Calgary, which means very few want public jobs slashed and austerity implemented on a local level, both of which are an open repudiation of UCP boilerplate

- this has to be seen as an anti-Kenney result tonight with Farkas losing as those two are near identical in terms of most policies; this indicates that there might not be a Fortress Calgary for the UCP to rely on in the next provincial election, which can only be a good thing, and which also hopefully leads someday to the separation of the centrist conservatives and the radical right-wingers into two separate parties again; the cities obviously won't let themselves be ruled by redneck cranks and their anti-social extremism

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 am

Thanos Thanos:
Did my civic duty with the voting and the oiven and the glavin today. Now just waiting to see if my dreams came true and everything the UCP supports gets defeated.

I was there when it opened. I refused to cast a vote for Senator. Fuck them. All UCP and PPC, with a token independent or two to look non partisan. The referendum questions were idiotic partisan bullshit. Fuck them.

Amarjit Sohi's campaign of caring and inclusion got 45% of the vote, second place Mike Nickle's angry rants got less than half that. Fuck you, Mike. [B-o] Their post election speeches shows exactly the difference between them.

I think it's a resounding win for the Progressive vote. 8 of 12 city councillors are women, and 8 of 12 are new.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:09 am

1) two history making moments in that both Calgary and Edmonton have mayors of East Indian/Pakistani descent, with Calgary having it's first female mayor ever - I voted for her, admittedly though almost entirely due to Anyone-But-Farkas principles than do to any policy stances she has; I pledged to vote for whoever had the best chance to beat Farkas and that's exactly what I did

2) I did the senate selection and went all Conservative; the ultra-disgusting PPC had candidates on that list too so I went with the Tories just to avoid the spectacle of Kenney possibly having to add some bozo-eruption-inevitable crypto-Nazi from the anti-vax flying-saucer demographic to the official list of senators-in-waiting; pretty much just a "better the devil you know...." sort of decision because I agree with you that Alberta's elected senators game is just ridiculous

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 am

Thanos Thanos:
1) two history making moments in that both Calgary and Edmonton have mayors of East Indian/Pakistani descent, with Calgary having it's first female mayor ever

It's funny how Alberta has elected women, minorities as mayors and Premier, and has even had more Muslim and Gay mayors than Toronto . . .but we are still rednecks. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:27 am

Yeah, that will never stop. Just the way the national mentality is permanently rigged. "Alberta is racist!", from the limousine liberals in places like progressive and ultra-cool Vancouver, where for a while a Chinese person was getting punched out every day by some home-grown BC rednecks enraged at them for "spreading COVID". :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:

I was there when it opened. I refused to cast a vote for Senator. Fuck them. All UCP and PPC, with a token independent or two to look non partisan. The referendum questions were idiotic partisan bullshit. Fuck them.

Amarjit Sohi's campaign of caring and inclusion got 45% of the vote, second place Mike Nickle's angry rants got less than half that. Fuck you, Mike. [B-o] Their post election speeches shows exactly the difference between them.

I think it's a resounding win for the Progressive vote. 8 of 12 city councillors are women, and 8 of 12 are new.

Normally I'd agree with you on the Senate vote, but that was before I stumbled across this...

$1:
“If you don’t like Jason Kenney, vote for me, because it will piss Jason Kenney off,” Kinney, host and editor of the Progress Report, said in a Thursday interview.

Good enough for me! :lol:

I'm also glad to see the right wingers on city council (Caterina, Dziadyk) given the heave-ho last night. I might not have agreed with everything Iveson and the progressives did on council, but at least they got some things right, instead of everything wrong like those two meatballs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:25 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I refused to cast a vote for Senator. Fuck them. All UCP and PPC, with a token independent or two to look non partisan.

Normally I'd agree with you on the Senate vote, but that was before I stumbled across this...

$1:
“If you don’t like Jason Kenney, vote for me, because it will piss Jason Kenney off,” Kinney, host and editor of the Progress Report, said in a Thursday interview.

I went through the Elections Alberta website, that linked to all the Senators sites, but couldn't find much more than boilerplate hackery for most candidates. If that guy would piss Randy off, is it because he's more like Maxime? ;)

I couldn't find enough real information on any of them to vote for any of them. So I did exactly what almost every Prime Minister has done to our Senate elections; ignored it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:28 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I refused to cast a vote for Senator. Fuck them. All UCP and PPC, with a token independent or two to look non partisan.

$1:

I went through the Elections Alberta website, that linked to all the Senators sites, but couldn't find much more than boilerplate hackery for most candidates. If that guy would piss Randy off, is it because he's more like Maxime? ;)

I couldn't find enough real information on any of them to vote for any of them. So I did exactly what almost every Prime Minister has done to our Senate elections; ignored it.

Nope this guy is a left wing progressive:

https://www.broadbentinstitute.ca/duncankinney

https://twitter.com/duncankinney

Ignoring the bogus election works too, but I would have loved if Alberta's half million progressives had given Kinney the most votes, because that really would have pissed off Jason Kenney.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:18 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:55 am

Bah, we can import water if we ruin with some dirty, stinky coal mines. Jobs ovah environment, you hippies!

/S

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:57 am

I'm torn on that too. He was punished for what he did, and it was a long time ago. Same for the revelations of a domestic disturbance at his residence.

At what point do we allow people to change?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 22  23  24  25  26  27  28 ... 37  Next