Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:18 am

Best thing that could happen.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:24 am

And, as a cancer survivor, her implication that it was my fault that I got it and that a witch doctor could cure it, was extremely condescending and hurtful. For that reason, that she listens to quacks, should be enough to make sure she loses badly enough that she never returns to public life.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:55 am

Listening to Danielle Smith and her "alternative" health advisors will get someone killed.....

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/colum ... ancer-care

$1:
When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer about eight years ago, I immediately got excellent advice about how to take care of myself, what to eat and not eat, how much to drink, how to lose weight. All of it came from “mainstream” experts.

Older men with low-grade prostate cancer are often called “watch and wait” cases. The reason is not flattering. “At your age you’ll probably die with the cancer rather than of it,” one doctor said.

Nonetheless, my doctors watched me like hawks over a gopher.

I had regular tests, constant wellness reminders. I quit drinking and eventually lost nearly 60 pounds.

The cancer paid no attention. Over a few months two years ago, my PSA reading — the key metric for tracking prostate cancer — vaulted from seven to 17. An urgent biopsy showed a dangerously aggressive cell at work.

At this point I was at stage two, far short of stage four. The cancer was still contained. I was given hormone therapy, which checks the cancer’s growth while giving you the dawning sensibility of a woman (and I mean that seriously.)

Then began a month of radiation therapy — 20 blasts on a Tom Baker table from super-skilled docs and technicians. This is a demanding regime and it does come with awkward after-effects.

But three months after it ended, my PSA level had plunged to 0.3. There it has stayed for more than a year. I was declared cancer free.

My point is: I did everything I was advised to do, including wellness and prevention help, and the cancer still broke loose. It was not in my control no matter how hard I tried to run it off.

I am well today precisely because I got regular “mainstream” assessments at every step, and therapy started at the first sign of serious danger.

Please, do not take your medical advice from Danielle Smith. The candidate is prone to quackery.

Healing crystals today, healing crystals tomorrow, healing crystals forever. Why don't we just give citizenship to Jenny McCarthy instead? She's insane too and has a hefty death toll on her name due to her anti-vaxx propaganda. But at least she's still hot and has a truly great rack typical of the Hollywood blonde. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:39 pm

The political resurrection of Danielle Smith

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Take a hint from BC. Make up a new word for it.
The Hospital is "On Diversion"

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:45 am

Alberta government paid Dr. Deena Hinshaw record cash bonus in 2021

Not nearly enough.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 pm

Had to adjust my LinkedIn settings to Fuck Off & Die mode because I was getting spammed like no tomorrow by the Danielle Smith campaign. This is the price one pays for being a former member of a political party - a life sentence of getting annoyed and bothered because apparently when you're on the list from the old PC's or Reform from the late 1990's it apparently gives the the right/opportunity to stalk you for money twenty-five years later. :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:50 am

And you can't report them as spam, because they pay for access. :(

That is why political parties never want people like me to join.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:00 am

Edmonton zone hospitals told to take extra inpatients to ease emergency room pressure

So the solution to overworked hospital staff, is to pile patients in the hallways when they can have no access to toilets, baths or oxygen?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:35 am

Alberta shelves minimum wage panel report without releasing recommendations

$1:
"Albertans have a right to see the report. They paid for it," she said, adding the recommendations could provide insight into what a UCP government may try to implement if the party wins the next year's provincial election.

The government instituted a $13 minimum wage for youth in June 2019 because it believed higher wages were dampening youth employment rates.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 54  55  56  57  58  59  60 ... 64  Next