canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:20 pm

That's technically a bit of myth though. Kenney was consistently elected federally in his Calgary riding where I assume he kept residency, for five or six consecutive elections since 1997. And a long-time Calgary MLA in 2017 stepped down so Kenney could win the byelection and take his seat, and become opposition leader for the brand-new UCP. So unfortunately we can't blame him on Ontario as he's been pretty much "one of us" for going on three decades.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:36 am

I'm really looking forward to Frau Smith's Alberta.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 am

'The system is collapsing': Alarm raised as 30 Alberta communities see health service reductions

Government subsidized Energy companies making record profits, hospitals closing due to lack of funding. And the UCP wonders why they are falling in the polls.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 am

This is the plan. They can argue that only private practice can save the system once the collapse is complete.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:31 am

llama66 llama66:
I'm really looking forward to Frau Smith's Alberta.

"LOVE ME, AND DESPAIR!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:22 pm

Now infamous Alberta essay contest apparently had only five entries total....

https://twitter.com/DonBraid/status/155 ... v7p54rAAAA

At least the dopes are keeping all the ongoing redneckism entertaining for interested/appalled observers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:10 am

Conservation group finds record-high number of endangered blood-shooting lizards in Alberta

I'm sure there is a UCP joke in there somewhere.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:06 am

0:
w8d87dzjxah91.png
w8d87dzjxah91.png [ 645.04 KiB | Viewed 86 times ]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:59 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
0:
w8d87dzjxah91.png

Something, something, jump ship...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:32 pm

Jason Kenney keeps morphing into the hapless guy who rented out an Airbnb to throw one hell of a party then slowly retreats out the door when he realizes the partygoers he invited to the wingding fully intend to burn the entire house down....

https://calgaryherald.com/news/kenney-s ... y-act-nuts

$1:
Premier Jason Kenney says the idea of advancing an Alberta Sovereignty Act to challenge contentious federal policies risks making the province a ‘laughingstock’ in Canada.

Kenney dismissed the proposal — a growing conservative talking point and key piece of United Conservative Party leadership candidate Danielle Smith’s campaign — as ‘nuts’ in response to a question on his weekly radio show Saturday.

“The proposal is for Alberta basically to ignore and violate the Constitution in a way that is unprecedented in Canadian history. To not enforce the laws of the land, including federal laws, which include the Criminal Code, is nuts,” Kenney said.

Smith, considered a frontrunner in the party’s leadership race, has vowed to introduce legislation that would allow Alberta to ignore federal laws, court rulings and regulatory decisions opposed by the provincial legislature.

“We’ve always been treated as if we should just be providing the revenue to the rest of the country and we should just shut up and take whatever policies they jam down our throat,” Smith said in a social media post last month.

“We’re not going to do that anymore. We’re going to assert our rights under the Constitution and push back.”

In a statement this week, Smith cited the federal carbon tax, a proposed reduction in fertilizer use by farmers and emissions caps on the energy sector as federal policies that would not be enforced by any provincial agency under an Alberta Sovereignty Act.

Kenney said such a “flagrantly unlawful” bill would almost certainly not receive the lieutenant government’s approval or survive a court challenge should it pass in the legislature.

“It would never become law. Alberta would become a laughingstock, with the lieutenant governor doing her job, which is to ensure the law, the Constitution is upheld,” he said.

Premier Smith will do her best though to ensure that Alberta goes from mere embarrassment to full laughingstock before the next election. It is her sworn duty and sole purpose on this earth.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:41 pm

On the internet, I don't even admit I'm from Alberta anymore.

And . . Kenney still has a radio show?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:47 pm

Most of the time when I mention to anyone that I'm in Alberta I now receive a lot of "oh, you poor dear" sort of sympathy. The outsiders appear to be quite understanding that most of us are trapped here and are basically held hostage by a cluster of kooks who've successfully & permanently rigged the system in their favour.

Thoroughly enjoying the ironic part though about Danielle Smith complaining about Ottawa not respecting our democratic rights when she's going to be put into power over four million people by being selected by only about 50000 party members and not by an actual election. Hypocrisy can kill or it can entertain. Might as well enjoy the latter because it's not like any of it will ever brush up against mere sanity someday, not in this province anyway. Tyrannical rule by perpetually angry farmer is gonna be a real fucking hoot, fer shure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:03 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
On the internet, I don't even admit I'm from Alberta anymore.

It's as if everybody who used to point at Québec and laugh are looking your way now. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:40 pm

No one ever laughed at Quebec to my recollection. We were all just envious and really angry, with good reason, at the shit you guys have always gotten away with. It's like being told not to get mad at the guy with a top-end Audi who takes up three handicapped parking spots at the mall because "you're a bigot" or because you simply aren't capable of understanding all the things he's gone through in his life. From the outside life in Quebec looks like a pretty awesome combination of getting away with murder and winning the lottery every second week.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 56  57  58  59  60  61  62 ... 64  Next