Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Title: Ont. student's expulsion overturned after mother's rights complaint
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: snookums
Date: 2009-03-24 16:49:00
Canadian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

"I immediately started to cry, because I was so relieved and so happy," she said.

I wonder if she cried when she found out her son was pot dealer?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

You'd think this woman would be more concerned that her son is a pothead and a dealer.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:46 am

so he walked off school property to peddle his goods....so he must have had them ON school property before he left to sell....bringing drugs onto school property for the purpose of selling to students sounds like a good reason to kick this little shit.

I agree with you RUEZ, says something about the mother when she doesn't seemed concerned that her son is a dealer.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 am

This is why there's such a discipline problem in schools - when they lay down the law, they're overruled.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:11 am

hurley_108 wrote:
This is why there's such a discipline problem in schools - when they lay down the law, they're overruled.

Yes, but there is much worse. Several years ago, I was talking to a student in a high school while I was filling in for the regular teacher. He said that he had stabbed a fellow student in the eye with scissors in his former school but that the other student had it coming.

I checked with a contact at the former school and sure enough the incident did indeed happen. It was NOT however in his school records and the student had access to scissors, exacto knives, and other items in his current art classes.
"Privacy" and the rights of students seem to lead to other students being exposed to those with a violent history, so it is not just the pot heads that are around the halls of schools.