canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=33110" target="_blank">Ontarians blame Ottawa for economic woes: Poll</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/17-business" target="_blank">Business</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=dino_bobba_renno" target="_blank">dino_bobba_renno</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-05-06 18:55:39
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 am

Good to see that Ontarians are waking up to the fact that the CONS are an immensely anti-Ontario party.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Streaker Streaker:
Good to see that Ontarians are waking up to the fact that the CONS are an immensely anti-Ontario party.
How so?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:11 pm

I'd say the last provincial election was proof their still sleepwalking.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:17 pm

I was under the impression that the Premier of Ontario was responsible for Ontario. Wait till the other provinces here about this. Now you can just blame your provinces weak economic outcome on the federal government. Unless of course the Liberals win the next election, then it will become a provincial problem again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Ontario's problems are certainly not caused by the Provincial Government. They also are not caused by the Federal Government. That said, both the Provincial and Federal Governments are able to implement programs to improve Ontario's Economy.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Or....that Ontarios market is more centered on the American one but yes, blame Ottawa, trade with someone who isn't piss poor in recession.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:27 am

When our economy is so reliant on the auto-industry it should be no suprise that we are in the shit.

The big 3 have been making cars that people don't want for years and we pay guys who screw bits on cars more than nurses and paramedics and wonder why the industry is failing. God bless the CAW who are pricing their members out of jobs.

Oh, and these phone polls of 1000 people are just bollocks anyway.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
I was under the impression that the Premier of Ontario was responsible for Ontario. Wait till the other provinces here about this. Now you can just blame your provinces weak economic outcome on the federal government. Unless of course the Liberals win the next election, then it will become a provincial problem again.

Really? It's that simple, huh? Answer this: Who controls equalization payments?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:46 am

jim flaherty has had a hard on for ontarians since he was turfed out with mike harris and the dirty tub water.. so ontarians have been taking the shaft without any lube ever since..

Attachments:
court jester.jpg
court jester.jpg [ 18.94 KiB | Viewed 135 times ]
court jester.jpg
court jester.jpg [ 18.94 KiB | Viewed 117 times ]
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:32 am

well we have to ask ourselves what have the liberals done to help the economy ?

there recent record is not that impressive nor was dalton mcguintys recent budget , he didn't really cut any taxes or do anything i felt would really help the economy .

really i think ontario voters are too blind to see what is really going on and too blindly supporting the liberals to realise there not doing that good of a job .

but the conservatives have done things to help the economy like cuting the gst and introducing good budgets . its really the high price of gas and american economy that is draging us down unfortuently . but liberals would raher blame conservatives for there problems as there so partisan .

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:38 am

RUEZ RUEZ:

i know its crazy the whole thing , daltom mcguinty has blamed everyone possible for the provinces problems but himself . he just cannot expect responsible or will anyone allow him to be blamed for this its absolute bs .

daltom mcguinty is the premier of ontario and if the province of ontario is having trouble than he is partly to blame , his party is in power and bring in the budgets and running the show .

the whole mentality is ontario is just geting pathetic i can't believe there is people here sho actually blame ottawa for this or want to vote for stephane dion , they have lost there minds . and the province is paying the price for there stuipidty

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:25 am

RUEZ RUEZ:

You have that backwards. When the Liberals were in charge every province blamed every problem they had on the federal gov't.

It was a standard tactic done especially by conservative western provinces.

Hell, when the beef ban hit despite the fact it was done because of Alberta cows testing positive and the Klein infamous "shoot, shovel, and shut up" comment, the whole affair was blamed entirely on the Liberals.

Turnabouts fair play.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:37 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
RUEZ RUEZ:

You have that backwards. When the Liberals were in charge every province blamed every problem they had on the federal gov't.

Hell, when the beef ban hit despite the fact it was done because of Alberta cows testing positive and the Klein infamous "shoot, shovel, and shut up" comment, the whole affair was blamed entirely on the Liberals.

Turnabouts fair play.

well anyways i agree alot of provinced did in the past balmes things on ottawa . that isn't new . but seriously can daltom mcguinty at least except some responsibilty for the affairs and state of economy in his own province ? mean he is in charge and needs to start acting like a premier and not someone who points fingers and plays the blame game .

if the ontario economy is in trouble then its his job as premier to find a solution to the problem and work with other goverments like federal one to find solutions for ontario residents .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:43 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Turnabouts fair play.

That's probably because Martin balanced his budgets by downloading responsibilities onto the provinces. Now that being said I can't really say the Conservatives are any better because they have continued to use the same formulations for payments to the provinces that the previous Liberal government used with little or no changes.