CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27359
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:25 am
 


Title: Ontario PC government cancels $100 million school repair fund
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: BeaverFever
Date: 2018-07-10 04:21:25
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11605
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:25 am
 


And so it begins. But hey, Doug is reducing the minimum price of a can of beer from $1.07 to $1. That�s the important stuff right? Who needs schools anyway?


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2213
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
And so it begins.


Begins? You mean continues. Over the past several years of Liberal rule, between 121-124 schools were slated for closure, while others that were slated for repairs were put on the shelf. This is hardly a partisan issue, as all parties have a tendency to screw over the education system.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/school-closures-ontario-kathleen-wynne-patrick-brown-1.4013280

Repair bills TRIPLED under the Liberals for said schools as well.

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/denley-ontario-school-repair-bill-has-tripled-under-the-liberals

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/if-wynnes-liberals-were-committed-to-equality-theyd-help-fund-independent-schools

There's a LOT more on all this, but you won't research let alone READ any of it because your head is too far up your rear end as per usual.

Ignorance is bliss, eh? Have a nice day :D

-J.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13584
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 am
 


School repair fund? Um, it's called the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund. The fund was supposed to go for making schools more energy efficient as per the Libtard screed, not for general repairs and spending stupid shit like $1400 to get 4 pencil sharpeners installed or something.


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 58647
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 am
 


The Liberals are doing this for the children.

Remember that. :wink:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1044
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:02 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
And so it begins. But hey, Doug is reducing the minimum price of a can of beer from $1.07 to $1. That�s the important stuff right? Who needs schools anyway?


And so the irrational whining begins.

The money was to make schools greener.

If your so concerned, why haven’t you been calling out the last government for the 15 billion in backlog repairs? The mouldy portables?


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3503
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:26 am
 


The mould make the children stronger. The ones that survive.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24845
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:32 am
 


If basic repair and maintenance hadn't been deferred in favour of green scams then the kiddos wouldn't be in any danger at all. Maybe there's some law that can be introduced or one that can be changed by the province so that school maintenance needs can't be toyed with by the hipsters so money can't be diverted towards any of the their bullshit causes-of-the-moment. :?


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 58647
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 am
 


Thanos wrote:
If basic repair and maintenance hadn't been deferred in favour of green scams then the kiddos wouldn't be in any danger at all. Maybe there's some law that can be introduced or one that can be changed by the province so that school maintenance needs can't be toyed with by the hipsters so money can't be diverted towards any of the their bullshit causes-of-the-moment. :?


Public schools exist to keep liberal parties in power. They have little to nothing to do with educating children.

Once you accept this truth then everything that follows from this understanding will make sense.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21475
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:39 am
 


llama66 wrote:
The mould make the children stronger. The ones that survive.

ROTFL


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20227
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:40 am
 


As an Albertan who lived through the 90s and austerity under Klein, I'm certainly not a fan of it, and this could be troubling beginning.

While this is called the "Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund", it doesn't necessarily mean that this is going to install wind turbines or solar panels, because one of the best steps in reducing CO2 emissions is fixing the insulation and drafty windows to keep the heat you generate stay inside the building. If that's what it actually funded, it was poorly named.

However, the problem is the reporter didn't do a thorough job in finding out what the fund actually paid for, so I cannot unequivocally say this is a bad thing or not. Until I see a list of projects this fund paid for, I'll withhold judgement on its demise.

Still, I do tend to agree that tax cuts for the wealthy and cheap beer are no replacement for good healthcare, education or adequately maintained roads.


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 58647
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
Still, I do tend to agree that tax cuts for the wealthy and cheap beer are no replacement for good healthcare, education or adequately maintained roads.


Sometimes you cut taxes on the wealthy so you don't lose them altogether. :idea:

In California we've so heavily weighted our tax system against the wealthy that according to one of our state agencies (it's quasi-confidential and unpublished for now) so far this year California has lost 138 wealthy people.

That's doesn't sound like a big deal in a state with ~40 million residents, does it?

Yet according to this state agency those 138 people took fifteen percent of the state's personal income tax revenue with them and the state budget that just went into effect on July 1st will now be out of balance by as much as twelve billion dollars.

So once again we'll be looking at a mid-year budget renegotiation come December 31.

But yeah, let's fuck the rich because, well fuck the rich!

Oh, but now WTF do we do with all of the programs that depend on the rich people? [huh]

Seriously, you can't just willy-nilly fuck over the most very mobile segment of your population and expect them to pay through the nose for the privilege of being hated and raped by your political class.

These people can move to another state or country with relative ease. The proper balance of taxes is then not so much that it becomes sensible for these people to flee.


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 559
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:41 am
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
School repair fund? Um, it's called the Greenhouse ...
... and that is where I stopped reading the article.
The kids get enough bullshit brainwashing in school as it is. They do not need any more.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2213
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
But yeah, let's fuck the rich because, well [i]fuck the rich![/i


Sorry Bart, but I'm in the 'fuck the rich' camp. I could give a rat's ass about the small percentage who have their millions and billions and can go wherever they please and do whatever they want. My previous workplace cut costs by letting a few people go (myself included), and it took me seven weeks to find a new job, at a loss less money that just barely pays the bills.

The government f**ked up on my EI, meaning it didn't go through. I now have to find a second job in a month or so just to make up for a bit of the lost income I'm not making right now. It's been a struggle the last month, as I burned through my severance (which was small) due to expenses and such.

So no, I don't give a rats ass what the rich are up to when I'm trying to keep the bills paid and food on my table. Thankfully, my family helped fill my freezer and put some fuel in my car, or it would be ever worse.

And besides, I don't see any rich people in Ontario rushing to help repair schools or do anything 'for the children' either.

Rich people can bite me.

-J.


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 58647
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:20 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
But yeah, let's fuck the rich because, well [i]fuck the rich![/i


Sorry Bart, but I'm in the 'fuck the rich' camp. I could give a rat's ass about the small percentage who have their millions and billions and can go wherever they please and do whatever they want. My previous workplace cut costs by letting a few people go (myself included), and it took me seven weeks to find a new job, at a loss less money that just barely pays the bills.

The government f**ked up on my EI, meaning it didn't go through. I now have to find a second job in a month or so just to make up for a bit of the lost income I'm not making right now. It's been a struggle the last month, as I burned through my severance (which was small) due to expenses and such.

So no, I don't give a rats ass what the rich are up to when I'm trying to keep the bills paid and food on my table. Thankfully, my family helped fill my freezer and put some fuel in my car, or it would be ever worse.

And besides, I don't see any rich people in Ontario rushing to help repair schools or do anything 'for the children' either.

Rich people can bite me.

-J.


You might not like them but where they pay more than half of Canada's tax bill then you need them and you should want them to hang around as opposed to divesting and relocating to the Caymans.

https://www.taxpayer.com/news-releases/ ... -tax-bill-


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raydan and 14 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.