Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Ripcat
Date: 2009-01-15 05:33:16
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:31 am

While this is a nice warm fuzzy feeling, electric cars are not the answer. Not until we have a more green power generating options. All this does is convert one form of pollution to another.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:36 am

It's easier to control emissions from a handful of power generation facilities than it is to do so from a few million cars, so, as is all-too-often the case, u're wrong.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:40 am

riiiighhhhtttt

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:41 am

my electric bike costs me less than 12 cents per recharge. Before all this damn snow came, it was saving me about $100 per week on fuel.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:42 am

I have the option of buying all my electricity from wind mills. That way, instead of polluting, I can contribute to the death of birds and bats.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:45 am

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
I have the option of buying all my electricity from wind mills. That way, instead of polluting, I can contribute to the death of birds and bats.

Good. I hate those things. Especially birds. Tweet Tweet Mo' Fucka.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:48 am

That's a myth,Cats are #1 and cars are #2 killer of birds,not windmills.
They barely rate.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:49 am

electric bikes are greener than pedal bikes, because the electricity produced by wind has a smaller footprint than the production and transport of food that your body consumes to pedal the bike.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 am

All of you bicyclers out there need to wake up and smell the coffee. You are no longer the greenest of the green!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 am

While some birds and bats may be killed by wind tubines I think we need to look at the lesser of two evils here. Unless you are able to show that it is indeed wiping out huge quantities of these animals then we should invest more in wind power.

Because the other option is polluting the air that those same birds and bats (and humans breath with coal plants.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 am

ziggy ziggy:

That's a myth,Cats are #1 and cars are #2 killer of birds,not windmills.
They barely rate.

and cars kill cats, so we actually have a miniature ecosystem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 am

SigPig SigPig:

While some birds and bats may be killed by wind tubines I think we need to look at the lesser of two evils here. Unless you are able to show that it is indeed wiping out huge quantities of these animals then we should invest more in wind power.

Because the other option is polluting the air that those same birds and bats (and humans breath with coal plants.

The old turbines used to kill birds because they would nest on the generators,all the new ones have smooth edges so the birds cant build on them.
Usually it was birds of prey like falcons,hawks and eagles that would nest on them because theres not many trees on the praries.I live next to one of Canada's biggest wind farms.They cant plant them fast enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 am

electric bikes are greener than pedal bikes, because the electricity produced by wind has a smaller footprint than the production and transport of food that your body consumes to pedal the bike.

:lol: :lol:
where did you get that from?

everybody pedals at different rates and have different metabolism. Some people could use as much energy pedaling 10 miles while someone else could use the same amount and pedals a 100 miles .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 am