PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:49 pm

...The Oscars were on last night?

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Yeah, ruining the whole TV schedule. Just after Superbowl and the Olympics ruined all of Feb's.
Netflix probably never got so much demand.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Apparently something like twenty-two million Americans cord-cut their cable last year alone and are now exclusively using streaming services. It accounts for an across-the-entire-spectrum decline in viewership ratings, which would include the Oscars regardless of what politics and anti-Trump jokes were on display last night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:43 pm

....Of which I thought there were very little. Especially compared to last year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Just right-wingers being snowflakes again. Given their usual tactics of the last few years they would have done all this pre-planned whining even if there weren't any jokes about Trump made last night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Why do people that hang around too much at Progish websites have such a problem distinguishing between mocking and complaining?

Us jokers on the Right don't care that the Virtue Signaling, Social Justicey, #Me Too, hypocrite, Hollywood elite are losing their Oscar toy. We like it. It's a hoot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 pm

I'll give it a few more days before one from your side goes full whiny-complainy over a national day of mourning not being declared for Billy Graham, all because HOLLYWOOD HATES JESUS! :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Check out Mark Steyn filling in for Tucker. Can you honestly not tell he's enjoying this?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 am

Here's the way the story was presented at the right-wing blog Blazing Cat Fur.

Attachments:
Oscars Crash.JPG
Oscars Crash.JPG [ 50.65 KiB | Viewed 275 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:07 am

0:
28576450_1949322261793563_968620203668877665_n.jpg
28576450_1949322261793563_968620203668877665_n.jpg [ 44.7 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
4. I won't ever bother watching this shit again.

Like FOG^^, Entertainers exist to entertain me. What they do on their own time doesn't interest me, and the wank fest that is the Oscars, doubly so.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:42 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Why do people that hang around too much at Progish websites have such a problem distinguishing between mocking and complaining?

Maybe because there is no difference. The Right is good at Outrage, the Left is good at Mocking. Rush Limbaugh versus Jon Stewart. Ann Coulter versus Bill Maher.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
4. I won't ever bother watching this shit again.

Like FOG^^, Entertainers exist to entertain me. What they do on their own time doesn't interest me, and the wank fest that is the Oscars, doubly so.

This.

I personally don't care if an actor is gay, liberal, Communist, or even conservative if they keep that shit to themselves when they expect me to buy a movie ticket.

Can I PLEASE just go to a fucking movie and escape the shit I see on TV for free?

Please?

Does my every human interaction have to be a goddamned political statement?

I'm honestly getting sick of it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Rush Limbaugh versus Jon Stewart. Ann Coulter versus Bill Maher.

Oh! Two cage matches I'd pay to see!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:14 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Maybe because there is no difference. The Right is good at Outrage, the Left is good at Mocking. Rush Limbaugh versus Jon Stewart. Ann Coulter versus Bill Maher.

Are you mocking or complaining? :wink:

Ann Coulter is the queen of mockery. And the outrage of Rush is rife with mockery and humor.

But yeah I guess you could slip the smug, snark of Maher, or the by the numbers, repackaged schtick of Stewart under the category of mockery, but I'm not saying Progs aren't capable of mockery, I'm saying there are times they can't tell the difference between mockery and complaining. The collapse of the Oscars isn't something that's being complained about by the right. It's something that's being mocked.

In any case, I'm not sure Maher and Stewart are Progs. I see them more as Liberal pod puppets for the Prog administrators of the culture hijack. :)

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.