canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 pm

War resisters my freakin ass. They're deserter and plain and simple, despite what the I want to relive the 60's Canadian anti war movement may claim.

As for the Government. They aren't doing nearly enough to insure these parasites return to their country of origin. Any country that is willing to send one of it's own citizens Marc Emery to the US to face the music should have no freakin problem sending back American Citizens who have broken US laws.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Military Deserters have a variety of reasons for doing what they do, some are just pussies. Some however have families like a newborn son or daughter and it just hits them that they don't want to go over there and die and not get a chance to meet or watch there son or daughter grow up. Some do it because they don't want to kill, they should have expected it however regardless there motives are comendable. All except for the guys who are just pussies and are scared to go over there. I am sure however a lot of the deserters have valid motives for doing what they do and deserve to be protected. Along with there families.

Fuck those guys, you sign up and get the benefits, you serve where ever and when ever

I was in Kabul in 2004 and missed the birth of my first child, I did not consider "running" to NY State to avoid my duty. Not where I wanted to be, but you don't pick when and where you serve your country

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 am

On that note, do we have a lot of Canadian soldiers deserting the the US? If so, within allowances for the relatives sizes of our armed forces, then that's one thing. But if not - if our soldiers desert with much less frequency than US soldiers, one does wonder why....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 am

I don't recall seeing anything about Canadian deserters. There's been the odd one in the UK though.

Comparing the two is a little difficult though when we have 2500 troops in Afghanistan and the US are close to having 100,000 guys in theatre and they had 200,000 in Iraq.

That's not including the thousands in the UAE etc or on US Navy warships.