canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Title: Ottawa woman banned from cruise in what she calls 'racist' policy linked to coronavirus
Category: Business
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2020-02-15 10:27:33
Canadian

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Bullshit News Alert Bulletin Instead of filing a lawsuit against the cruise company, Ottawa woman complains to the media.

$1:
"The passport that one holds does not necessarily reflect the risk that one has of having this infection and transmitting this infection," Bogoch said. "I don't think it's helpful at all to stigmatize individuals or an entire country."
How many people touched that passport??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:18 pm

What kind of discrimination is she complaining about? Seems to me she thinks it's discrimination because she's Chinese and holds a Chinese passport. And for the record they never said she couldn't board because she was Chinese, they told her she couldn't board because she holds a Chinese passport from a place of origin they are blocking.

The term in the restriction that says "anyone" should be a clue that it isn't race related.

but a new Norwegian Cruise Line policy states the company will deny boarding to anyone holding a Chinese, Hong Kong or Macau passport, regardless of where they live.

If she wants satisfaction she should complain to the Chinese gov't. She isn't a Canadian citizen and therefore our gov't has no control over how she's treated because of her Chinese passport.

But, if she wants to be treated like a Canadian, she should stop whining and become one.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Anyone going on a cruise ship these days should be shot for being just that stupid.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Interesting, I wonder if Florida discrimination laws would apply to a ship docking there to pickup passengers. If this were a hotel, for instance, I would think this would be illegal. I wonder if the same laws would apply here. Or does it apply Norway's laws? Which likely also have laws against refusing a service based on origin of nationality.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
But, if she wants to be treated like a Canadian, she should stop whining and become one.

PDT_Armataz_01_37