Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am

Answer me this Animal; how many people who walked down Roxham road in full view of the RCMP and crossed right in front of them, didn't ask for asylum?

Those would be your illegals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am

Quote:
(2) Unless these Regulations provide otherwise, a person who seeks to enter Canada at a place other than a port of entry must appear without delay for examination at the port of entry that is nearest to that place.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... ltext.html

Quote:
Deferral

133 A person who has claimed refugee protection, and who came to Canada directly or indirectly from the country in respect of which the claim is made, may not be charged with an offence under section 122, paragraph 124(1)(a) or section 127 of this Act or under section 57, paragraph 340(c) or section 354, 366, 368, 374 or 403 of the Criminal Code, in relation to the coming into Canada of the person, pending disposition of their claim for refugee protection or if refugee protection is conferred.

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/page-23.html

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:59 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
When did Roxham road become an official entry point into Canada? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Now, you still say they're not illegals. But I beg to differ because Canada does as well. From a link from CTV Winnipeg. Would you please read what the sign on the right says.

Read again what I wrote.

DrCaleb wrote:
International Law, which Canada is a signatory to, states that crossing a border then asking for asylum makes the border crossing legal.

And every link I provided proves it correct, and you incorrect.

Thank YOU. Now have him apologize to Max Bernier!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm

OK, let's go through this bullshit.

The safe third country agreement with America says you get sent back to the safe haven of America if you try to claim refugee status at the Canadian border. You're exempt from that rule though if you cross between official points of entry. That's what we call an exploit. It's a way to get around being sent back to the safe country you were pretending you were "escaping."

I scanned through Doc's link looking for this "Olly OLLy Oxen free" International law he was talking about that makes it OK to jump other countries borders then claim you're a refugee. The closest I could find was this:

Quote:
In accordance with Article 31 of the 1951 Convention, States parties provide in their domestic law that an applicant’s irregular entry (i.e., without an entry visa or other documentation) will not have a negative effect on the asylum seeker’s application.

So all they seem to be saying there, back in 1951, is jumping a border won't affect judgement on whether or not you're a refugee. That's not a law that makes border jumping legal. It's just a work around providing you can prove your claim.

It's a little like this thing Tricks posted:

Quote:
Quote:
Deferral

133 A person who has claimed refugee protection, and who came to Canada directly or indirectly from the country in respect of which the claim is made, may not be charged with an offence under section 122, paragraph 124(1)(a) or section 127 of this Act or under section 57, paragraph 340(c) or section 354, 366, 368, 374 or 403 of the Criminal Code, in relation to the coming into Canada of the person, pending disposition of their claim for refugee protection or if refugee protection is conferred.

I didn't look up all those statues so admittedly I don't know exactly what they're talking about but did you catch this bit?

"in relation to the coming into Canada of the person, pending disposition of their claim for refugee protection or if refugee protection is conferred."

You still broke the law against jumping the border but there's a workaround to allow a possible exemption providing you can get status as a refugee. It isn't a law. It's a workaround the law.

The National Post puts it all into perspective:

Quote:
When the migrant crisis has been discussed in the House of Commons, it has often been accompanied by robust argument over the use of the term “illegal migrant.” The Conservatives use the term, while the Liberals and the NDP prefer the term “irregular migrants” (and accuse the Tories of fear-mongering). It is illegal to cross into Canada without first passing through a port of entry. Indeed, any border-crosser at Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle will pass by a bilingual sign saying “it is illegal to cross the border here” — and they will also be told as much by the area’s substantial police presence. However, while someone can be charged for entering Canada without authorization, those charges are waived once someone makes an asylum claim.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/de ... ant-crisis

There is a law against jumping the border. But there's also an exploit that allows you do work around that law. And it's dumb. They should fix it.

But are the Roxham road, border jumpers criminals? Pretty much. Some of them may be able to game the system and get around that though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:38 am

And why would there be this sudden surge of border jumpers specifically exploiting the Safe Third Country agreement all of a sudden if an international law had been allowing them to do it since 1951?

Trump put restrictions in America so Trudeau tweeted an invitation to the world. The border jumpers in America discovered this exploit in the Safe Third Country agreement then agents in other countries said "Hey..." and started sponsoring border jumping tours to Canada through America.