Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 am

Fighter Fighter:

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Fighter Fighter:
If Muslims are asked to kill unbelievers then why Canadian Muslims have not yet started slaying people in Canada? I mean what Canadian Muslims are waiting for? End of Ramadan?

They have not been waiting.

$1:
December 14, 1999 - Ahmed Ressam, known as the Millennium Bomber, was arrested upon entering the United States by a ferry from Victoria, British Columbia. He was smuggling explosives in his car from Canada as part of a plot to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on New Year's Eve 1999, as part of the foiled 2000 millennium attack plots.

2006 - In the 2006 Ontario terrorism plot, Canadian counter-terrorism forces arrested 18 terrorists (dubbed the "Toronto 18") inspired by al-Qaeda. They were accused of planning to detonate truck bombs, to open fire in a crowded area, and to storm the Canadian Broadcasting Centre, the Canadian Parliament building, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) headquarters, and the parliamentary Peace Tower, to take hostages and to behead the Prime Minister and other leaders.

August 2010 - Misbahuddin Ahmed of Ottawa was arrested (later convicted in July 2014) of knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and participation in the activities of a terrorist group.[10][11]

2013 - Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser of Montreal and Toronto, respectively, charged as part of an alleged Al Qaeda plot to derail a New York to Toronto train on the Canadian side of the border. Alleged plot was not imminent.[citation needed] Canadian Muslims helped to foil the alleged plot.[12] The suspects said they were arrested based on their appearance.[13][14]

October 20, 2014 – On October 20, 2014, two Canadian Forces members were hit by Martin Couture-Rouleau, a recent Muslim convert in what is known as the 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack. Warrant officer Patrice Vincent died of his injuries. Couture-Rouleau was eventually gunned down and killed.[15]

October 22, 2014 - Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a convert to Islam, fatally shot Corporal Nathan Cirillo, a Canadian soldier on ceremonial sentry duty at the Canadian National War Memorial in Ottawa, and then forced his way into Canada's parliament building, where he had a shootout with parliament security personnel. He was shot 31 times and died at the scene. Zehaf-Bibeau made a video prior to the attack in which he expressed his motives as being related "to Canada's foreign policy and in respect of his religious beliefs."[16][17]

August 10, 2016 - Aaron Driver was killed in Strathroy, Ontario, in a confrontation with police after detonating an explosive in the back seat of a taxi. The confrontation followed a tip from the FBI that Driver had made a "martyrdom video" and was planning an attack on an urban area.[18]

September 30, 2017 - 30-year-old Abdulahi Sharif drives into Edmonton police constable Mike Chernyk then stabs him near Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta, fleeing and later hitting four pedestrians with a rental truck during a police pursuit in the 2017 Edmonton attack.[19][20] Police are investigating the incident as an act of terrorism and confirmed the presence of an ISIS flag in the van that struck the police officer.[21][22] Sharif was confirmed by RCMP assistant commissioner Marlin Degrand as a Somali national known to the RCMP and Edmonton police as having past displayed signs of extremism.[23]

So, he has support of Muslim community? I mean Canadian Muslims are also joining in? I don't get this why and how Islam/Muslims come into this....

R=UP

And that last example had nothing to do with Islam, the guy just happens to be Muslim. Not even a devout or radical Muslim. Ignoring of course the hundreds of thousands of other Muslims in Canada. we are just going to focus on these few.

Fighter Fighter:
As I am writing now, just read the news that "lone wolf" shot 4 people in Australia. I am sure, chances are he is WHITE male. So, I think there is a general problem in white MALE community....No? Am I right?

Yep. And Australia has strict gun control, so the anti Muslim and the gun control nuts are going to be equally silent on it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:43 am

Fighter Fighter:
Well, terrorists were at war with Soviet Union earlier now they are at war with same those who supported them earlier. How does Islam came into geopolitics?
Because they're using Islam as part of their justification. Personally, if I were part of an ideology that terrorists were using to cause mayhem around the world, I'd be the first to denounce them and would be making a significant effort in rooting these people out and getting rid of them. The issue is in the west, we don't see that happening.
$1:
Tamil tigers wrecked havoc in Sri Lanka...so, what if they are secular? They were Hindus and waged war against Majority Buddhist Sinhalese

Religion was an important part of the civil war between 1983 and 2009. This was not strictly a religious conflict, but the close link between religion and ethnicity (the Hindu Tamil versus Buddhist Sinhalese) made religious targets, including temples and shrines, appealing. The conflict then became more complicated as Muslim and Christian communities, which make up approximately 18 per cent of the population, split 9 per cent each, were caught up in the violence.

https://institute.global/insight/co-existence/sri-lanka-elects-role-ethnic-and-religious-tensions
Targets that are primarily of a certain religion make sense in an area where that's a predominant religion. The Tamils never claimed their activities were because of religious reasons. Them being largely of the same religion doesn't really matter, the motivations do. That's why the comparison is moronic. Islamic terrorist is just that, terrorism in the name of Islam. Tamil's terrorism wasn't terrorism in the name of Hinduism. So they have nothing in common, except their tactics.
$1:
If some organization kills in name of Islam, you guys are making them representative of Islam by believing them and considering them as somewhat representative of Islam rather than believing more than 1 billion Muslims who are just living their lives like you are...

Judging a majority by account of few handful extremist organizations....that too were trained by YOU (THE WEST) against SOVIETS.....

Easy on the you guys. I don't do that. Several others here don't do that. Most people don't. Islamic terrorism is not representative of Islam as a whole. Just as the westboro baptist church isn't representative of Christians as a whole.

Again, the issue is we don't see concentrated efforts on the part of largely Muslim countries to get rid of these fuckers. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc are seen as complicit in these activities because these people operate underneath your noses. So either these countries are doing something, and they're keeping it quiet to not upset the extremists that still live within your society (as they live in ours). Or they're not doing something because a) they don't want to or b) they're incompetent. Or third option, they are doing things, and they are reporting it, but we aren't hearing it. Which is entirely possible. If that's the case, I'd say you should start posting it here so we can see the efforts being made by Islamic countries to stop extremism.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:47 am

Tricks Tricks:
Personally, if I were part of an ideology that terrorists were using to cause mayhem around the world, I'd be the first to denounce them and would be making a significant effort in rooting these people out and getting rid of them. The issue is in the west, we don't see that happening.

We aren't looking very hard then, because those groups are among the first to condemn such violence.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4930871/edmo ... on-kenney/

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ne ... ew-zealand

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 am

$1:
Ignoring of course the hundreds of thousands of other Muslims in Canada. we are just going to focus on these few.

Then I can also say in other threads "Ignoring of course the 10's of Thousands of Gun Owners who never break the law. We are just going to focus on the few who do mass shootings."

So why is it okay and justified to focus in on the mass shooters and say see there is a problem. Yet when any Muslim killing people is to be disregarded and not used as prof of a problem?

Last edited by stratos on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:24 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
Ignoring of course the hundreds of thousands of other Muslims in Canada. we are just going to focus on these few.

Then I can also say in other threads "Ignoring of course the 10's of Thousands of Gun Owners who never break the law. We are just going to focus on the few who do mass shootings."

You should. I do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:
$1:

You should. I do.

Added a bit more to my previous post. My bad not DrCaleb ignoring or me trying to sneak in on him. I was adding as he was posting the above.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:38 am

stratos stratos:
So why is it okay and justified to focus in on the mass shooters and say see there is a problem. Yet when any Muslim killing people is to be disregarded and not used as prof of a problem?

Half the solution in fixing a problem is identifying the problem.

In a mass shooting, is the gun the problem or is it the crazy person who has no problem taking the lives of people who have not done any harm to them?

The same question can be asked if religion is the problem, instead of a gun. Are there religions that tell its followers to 'go forth and kill', or are there adherents to that religion that interpret the religion that way? I specifically didn't name a religion, because we see these sorts of things from members of many religions. Buddist, Muslim, Christian, Shinto . . . it makes little difference. Sometimes it's with a gun. Sometimes with a bomb. Or a knife. Or a van. Or a plane.

The only commonality is people are doing the killing. So is the problem the method, or the reason for killing? Or is it just the person with some fucked up ideology that differs from the main stream?

Find the problem, fix the problem. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:19 am

Fighter Fighter:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I forget the name of the guy but there was this Muslim academic who came out of American universities disillusioned, returned to the middle East and wrote books that are generally considered the inspiration for modern Islamic terrorism. He was big with Bin laden and Al Zawahiri.

But that was more just a respark. The Islamic inspiration for terror goes back a long time before that. Left column below.

If Muslims are asked to kill unbelievers then why Canadian Muslims have not yet started slaying people in Canada? I mean what Canadian Muslims are waiting for? End of Ramadan?

Uhhh yeah. Already happened dude, more than once.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:33 am

$1:
stratos wrote:
Just sitting here Got a feeling this is going to get very interesting or the thread dies off fast.

All my threads are interesting

No they are not. You scrambling around trying to cover up your mistakes and or when your statements are totally refuted. That's something I find interesting... well funny. Also you slapping up a new thread because you are starting to lose credibility in this thread has not gone unnoticed.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

R=UP

And that last example had nothing to do with Islam, the guy just happens to be Muslim. Not even a devout or radical Muslim. Ignoring of course the hundreds of thousands of other Muslims in Canada. we are just going to focus on these few.

Yep. And Australia has strict gun control, so the anti Muslim and the gun control nuts are going to be equally silent on it.

R=UP [flag]

Tricks Tricks:

Easy on the you guys. I don't do that. Several others here don't do that. Most people don't. Islamic terrorism is not representative of Islam as a whole. Just as the westboro baptist church isn't representative of Christians as a whole.

Again, the issue is we don't see concentrated efforts on the part of largely Muslim countries to get rid of these fuckers. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc are seen as complicit in these activities because these people operate underneath your noses. So either these countries are doing something, and they're keeping it quiet to not upset the extremists that still live within your society (as they live in ours). Or they're not doing something because a) they don't want to or b) they're incompetent. Or third option, they are doing things, and they are reporting it, but we aren't hearing it. Which is entirely possible. If that's the case, I'd say you should start posting it here so we can see the efforts being made by Islamic countries to stop extremism.

So, they never claimed to go for attacks on basis of religion? and you accepted their claim? I showed you example from article how their tactics involved attacking religious places.

Pakistani Muslim scholars have denounced terrorism ample times

https://dailytimes.com.pk/376784/pak-clerics-denounce-terrorists-as-enemies-of-islam/

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/11/610420149/70-muslim-clerics-issue-fatwa-against-violence-and-terrorism

It is little complicated....Just going by statements and judging is not right.

You said Muslim countries i.e Pak, KSA and Iran are involve in spreading terrorism or helping terrorists...Right?

I know Iran and KSA are involved in proxy war against each other so they may be using their jerks against each other....Just like Americans and Soviets were using theirs in proxy war. Again, you're mixing geopolitics with Islam/religion. Americans are still blamed in our region for propping up ISIS in Afghanistan. It is a middle eastern phenomena, how can it takes place in Afghanistan, a far away country....So? Christians are involved in propping up ISIS?

Whole ME was lit on fire just because of safety of Israel. All this destabilization, refugees and extremist organizations are direct result of it....

Afghan Taliban were not involved in 9/11 attacks, AL QAEDA was....Taliban were even ready to hand over Osama to Int'l tribunal but Americans refused and rest is history. You guys may think that Talibans are terrorist but guess what Americans are negotiating with their old friend (new enemy) for peace deal...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/taliban-talks-peace-afghanistan-190510062940394.html

Things are complicated, way more complicated for average western mind to comprehend....

As a Pakistani Muslim, I can talk for Pakistan....There's absolutely no country, to be specific; a third world country, on this planet earth, who has successfully defeated terrorism except Pakistan......Add Srilanka to list as well but they also won due to Pakistan's support.

There was a time when war on terror, started by west, Pakistan being their ally, was its peak...Being neighbor of Afghanistan, Pakistan was at forefront, bearing all casualties, many many people died, talk was going on that Pak nukes can fall into terrorist hands...That was a situation....

But we bounced back, our determination and struggle against them continued and we overcame them eventually......There's a reason why international powers seek Pakistani expertise in fighting insurgencies type war aka fighting rag tag militia.....

Italian Chief of Army Staff General Danilo Errico called on Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, on Wednesday, to acknowledge Pakistan’s efforts in eliminating terrorism while lauding the results of Operation Raddul Fasaad.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1393984/italian-army-chief-calls-gen-qamar-bajwa/

Pak Army contingent to be stationed in S Arabia

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/281502-saudi-ambassador-calls-on

Since quite a time, We have pushed them from our tribal areas to back to Afghanistan again...Peace has finally returned to Pakistan. Travel Vloggers visiting Pakistan madly. A canadian girl/vlogger just came in....what does this tell you...We DEFEATED assholes. We are now focusing on our economy unlike in past where we were worried about attacks here and there.

US blames Pak for harboring Taliban but at same time they want to negotiate Taliban...Doesn't make any sense? does it? So if Pakistan supports Taliban, that makes Pakistan terrorist nation? So, why Americans are negotiating with terrorists?

Taliban are NOT terroists...You may don't like their ideologies but they will be at forefront against ISIS and further destabilization of Afghanistan.....There's a reason why every country in region, Pakistan, Russia, China, Iran and even India, is trying to form contacts with Taliban..

https://casi.sas.upenn.edu/iit/chayanikasaxena

Long story short....Truth is stranger than fiction.

I agree with you, there needs to be more voice from within Muslim community and more collaboration with western friends to end all this nonsense but sadly we are too busy defending ourselves from your misplaced accusations...

These bashing of Muslims/Islam won't help west one bit. You guys are complicating problem instead of fixing it....Even those Muslims who are pissed off at current situation and may understand you, they may also not side with your people given your guys are openly ranting against Islam and Muslims.

A Muslim will never support injustice, be it happening on Muslim or Non Muslim....At the same time, we will defend our community and religion at all costs....Fairly of course...Won't favor on wrong doings of Muslims.

Islam has put quite a emphasis on truth and we are obliged to implement that.

Cheers...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Fighter Fighter:

Thanos Thanos:

Khan's full of shit of course though. Religion is at the heart of all evil, and always will be. Only true believers, be they soldiers doing it for Hitler or Hirohito or militants doing it for Allah, are capable of such things. Mass psychosis using religion as it's justification is the most effective way of ensuring the desired atrocities will happen.

What is your opinion on Christian Evangelists ? They are quite in power in your neighborhood.

I completely and utterly detest them. I've hated them for my entire life and always will.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:07 pm

$1:
I completely and utterly detest them. I've hated them for my entire life and always will.

In the name of the Holly Spirit I heal you Thanos. *now flop around on the ground and utter BS so we can pass the plate and make millions.*

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:08 pm

No doubt. I'm really just jealous of them in that I wasn't clever ever enough to think up myself the path to riches via fleecing gullible morons desperate for God's favour.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 pm

stratos stratos:
$1:
stratos wrote:
Just sitting here Got a feeling this is going to get very interesting or the thread dies off fast.

All my threads are interesting

No they are not. You scrambling around trying to cover up your mistakes and or when your statements are totally refuted. That's something I find interesting... well funny. Also you slapping up a new thread because you are starting to lose credibility in this thread has not gone unnoticed.

I don't have any ego. I accept when I am guilty. Nothing wrong with that.

Which new thread I slapped? Australia shooting one? Yeah, whats wrong in that? I found it quite funny that people over here are more worried about Brown Asian/Muslim criminals while their own kin is busy in blowing people asses.

I didn't lost any credibility. You're mistaken if you think so...I am STILL standing with my head HIGH on this thread....Given 3-4 holidays ahead, ample time to put enlighten some.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Fighter Fighter:

Thanos Thanos:

Khan's full of shit of course though. Religion is at the heart of all evil, and always will be. Only true believers, be they soldiers doing it for Hitler or Hirohito or militants doing it for Allah, are capable of such things. Mass psychosis using religion as it's justification is the most effective way of ensuring the desired atrocities will happen.

What is your opinion on Christian Evangelists ? They are quite in power in your neighborhood.

I hate those equally in same intensity who oppress any human being be it Muslim or Non Muslim.

Thank you.