CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:08 am

Unbefuckinglievable

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:12 am

This is a good a point as any to ask a question that I've had on my mind for a while.

In England the parliament members, especially the opposing party, get to fire off questions at the PM who stands there's and responds. This is all done proper like. Does Canada's parliament have something similar?

If so I could see this a huge cannon fodder to fire at him.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:16 am

stratos stratos:
This is a good a point as any to ask a question that I've had on my mind for a while.

In England the parliament members, especially the opposing party, get to fire off questions at the PM who stands there's and responds. This is all done proper like. Does Canada's parliament have something similar?

Yes, it's called 'Question Period' and it happens at 1pm every day that Parliament sits.

It used to be a very pointed time, where the Opposition were given time to ask questions and the Government had to respond. A lot of issues were brought up in those sessions.

In recent times however, it's mostly turned into a practice of avoiding the question, or using some tactic to turn the question around and blame the opposition. Usually the question, if politically damning enough, is just ignored or the response would make children in a schoolyard jealous at the poetic nature of the taunts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Yes, it's called 'Question Period' and it happens at 1pm every day that Parliament sits.

It used to be a very pointed time, where the Opposition were given time to ask questions and the Government had to respond. A lot of issues were brought up in those sessions.

In recent times however, it's mostly turned into a practice of avoiding the question, or using some tactic to turn the question around and blame the opposition. Usually the question, if politically damning enough, is just ignored or the response would make children in a schoolyard jealous at the poetic nature of the taunts.

Or as one politician put it, when a journalist pointed out that Questions never get answered, "Thta's why it's called Question period, not Answer Period." :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am

If you want Stratos, here is a recent 'Question Period'. It starts at about 7:50 in this video:

One of our members here at CKA is sitting in the house right now. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Or as one politician put it, when a journalist pointed out that Questions never get answered, "Thta's why it's called Question period, not Answer Period." :lol:

Sad to hear. Seems like this is a practice that if done along the lines it is supposed to be would be transparent for the population to see and understand the thinking behind the laws and actions of the party in charge.

I would like to see something like this say once a month here in the US but how our politicians act most of the time it would end up being a big disgrace.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:24 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

As my late father used to say at the start of Question Period. . . "Send in the Clowns!"

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 am

stratos stratos:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Sad to hear. Seems like this is a practice that if done along the lines it is supposed to be would be transparent for the population to see and understand the thinking behind the laws and actions of the party in charge.

I would like to see something like this say once a month here in the US but how our politicians act most of the time it would end up being a big disgrace.

It pisses off those of us who pay attention to our Parliament as well. It's gotten far too childish over recent years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 am

$1:

You bastards had your chance, but were too damned impatient.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 am

stratos stratos:

It's called "Question Period" and it s a daily gong show lasting 15 minutes. The British version is actually quite civilized in comparison and our Question Period tends to be ugly and juvenile to the extreme.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:27 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
stratos stratos:

It's called "Question Period" and it s a daily gong show lasting 15 minutes. The British version is actually quite civilized in comparison and our Question Period tends to be ugly and juvenile to the extreme.

I'm sure ours would end up the same way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:35 am

One of our members here at CKA is sitting in the house right now.

Really?

Let me guess: Donna Who is actually Parm Gill.

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:41 am

One of our members here at CKA is sitting in the house right now.

Really?

Let me guess: Donna Who is actually Parm Gill.

"Back_Blastnet" is NDP MP Dan Harris.

http://danharris.ndp.ca/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:53 am

stratos stratos:

Not any more it isn't.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/news/ ... uary-2015/

Ed Milliband looks like a fool, and Cameron destroys him every week.

It's so funny to watch, but an answer to a question ? Never. :lol: