bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:09 am

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
We can go back to being all English Speaking Citizens and have no more whining franciphones breathing down our neck.

When were we ever all English-Speaking citizens??? Have you been writing your own history books or what?

And, btw, this daycare thing, as silly as it is, is a question of Quebec's internal affairs and doesn't effect the ROC in the least, so it can hardly be an example of francophones 'breathing down your neck'.

And BTW, even the Quebec electorate will not stand for this.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:19 am

Time for these assholes to give their heads a shake. What a bunch of losers. Merde.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:25 am

Hey Mac you should work for the PQ, they'd love to use you. Bilingual-anglophone turned french language crusader, no matter the cost.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:37 am

Please, don't mix some PQ bigots and all french canadians/quebecers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:43 am

Hmmm, vague little story...
What I don't understand is what is such a big problem with speaking more than one language. I know North Americans are used to getting everywhere with their English, because everyone in the world speaks at least a little english...

From what I learned about Canada, is that Quebec is French, NB is bi-lingual, and the rest is English, unless you work for the government or customer care...
If you want to immigrate to Quebec, you have to meet Quebec standard, meaning you have to speak French. In the rest of Canada, it's optional. If you don't speak French, wtf are you doing in Quebec??

I don't understand the separation though. I don't understand why you can't speak both languages everywhere. It's not that hard, I do it all the time...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:45 am

Bodah Bodah:
Hey Mac you should work for the PQ, they'd love to use you. Bilingual-anglophone turned french language crusader, no matter the cost.

No. Not 'no matter the cost'. And being a PQ member would mean being a separatist, which I am not and never will be because I know that Canada is first and foremost a Francophone country, and I'm not about to give that up. I'd rather re-conquer the country from within than leave it behind. I'm a Canadian. I'll never support separatism.

Honestly, the expectations of some on this board are simply nonsensical. Quebec is a francophone society and state. Why should it finance its own assimilation into a culture it doesn't want to be a part of? Quebec students will learn English, as they always have, but if they go to a state school they will naturally go to a francophone school.

Nobody expects the Swedish government to finance English-language schools for those citizens who want their children educated in English, even if English is just as useful to them as it is to French-Canadians (even more so, since only the Swedes speak Swedish). If a parent wants his child to go to a school in a language other than the one of instruction in his society, then he has to pay for it.

I live in Ontario now. If I want my kid to go to a public French school in Ontario, I can't (without having the child's right to do so judged by a panel). Why? Because the Ministry of Education says those schools are there for the children of parents whose first language is French. So if I want my kid to go to French school in Ontario, I have to pay for it. I'm fine with that. A good education is worth paying for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:51 am

mabye she hasnt been getting the sweet stuff at home, and wants to rain on our parade XD

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:03 am

Pauline hasn't got a fucking clue.. But hey, let her babble on it will stop them from ever being elected.. Its just more PQ rhetoric.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:04 am

MacDonaill MacDonaill:
Bodah Bodah:

No. Not 'no matter the cost'. And being a PQ member would mean being a separatist, which I am not and never will be because I know that Canada is first and foremost a Francophone country, and I'm not about to give that up. I'd rather re-conquer the country from within than leave it behind. I'm a Canadian. I'll never support separatism.

Honestly, the expectations of some on this board are simply nonsensical. Quebec is a francophone society and state. Why should it finance its own assimilation into a culture it doesn't want to be a part of? Quebec students will learn English, as they always have, but if they go to a state school they will naturally go to a francophone school.

Nobody expects the Swedish government to finance English-language schools for those citizens who want their children educated in English, even if English is just as useful to them as it is to French-Canadians (even more so, since only the Swedes speak Swedish). If a parent wants his child to go to a school in a language other than the one of instruction in his society, then he has to pay for it.

I live in Ontario now. If I want my kid to go to a public French school in Ontario, I can't (without having the child's right to do so judged by a panel). Why? Because the Ministry of Education says those schools are there for the children of parents whose first language is French. So if I want my kid to go to French school in Ontario, I have to pay for it. I'm fine with that. A good education is worth paying for.

Awesome post... Totally agree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:12 am

Hitler would be proud of Quebec.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:13 am

I wonder how many people whining about the french protecting their language are similarly disgusted with all the Canadian content rules on TV and radio in an attempt to continue Canadian cultural programing which might otherwise be swamped by the much larger US culture (ironically just like the language problem). Hell even our beloved CFL forces teams to dress and play a certain number of Canadian players even though there may be lots more talented US players available.

I guess that's OK then because its english Canadians protecting their own.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 am

gigs gigs:
Hitler would be proud of Quebec.

A quote worthy of a former member. Perhaps you have heard of him mtbr gigs? :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
I wonder how many people whining about the french protecting their language are similarly disgusted with all the Canadian content rules on TV and radio in an attempt to continue Canadian cultural programing which might otherwise be swamped by the much larger US culture (ironically just like the language problem). Hell even our beloved CFL forces teams to dress and play a certain number of Canadian players even though there may be lots more talented US players available.

I am against both.
We also have a law that tells radio stations to play AT LEAST 65% francophone songs. So, they can't even play english groups from Quebec like Arcade Fire or Simple Plan.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:41 am

Proculation Proculation:
DerbyX DerbyX:

I am against both.
We also have a law that tells radio stations to play AT LEAST 65% francophone songs. So, they can't even play english groups from Quebec like Arcade Fire or Simple Plan.

I'm not. I have no problem with laws designed to protect/help our culture either french or english. Now preventing bonafide QC bands like you mentioned only hurts the separatist cause as it makes damn sure nobody but a full on francophone will support a separate QC knowing full well they will have no cultural rights of their own.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:43 am

MacDonaill MacDonaill:

I'm an anglophone raised in B.C. and I went to a french emerssion school until grade 9. No extra cost, now that's a fair and undiscriminatory government. Some Quebecers need to grow the fuck up. Maybe we should need to apply for citizenship to live in Quebec? Pass some skill testing french questions? You don't need to speak english in the rest of the country. How many Asians are on the west coast hanging signs on their buisnesses with no english or french at all?

Canada is not first and foremost francophone. Does the name John A MacDonald mean anything to you? Perhaps you are the one re-writing history? What ever your colony was called before that is none of my concern. Your Colony however agreed to be a part of this country and you better start to play fair because the anglophones are getting sick of you.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next