Posted By: tritium
Date: 2010-05-26 12:30:13
Canadian

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:42 pm

gotta love Gordo and his respect for the democratic process.

Unfortunately there is no alternative at this time

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

And the good news people, is that even if we don't stop the HST, Gordo will likely have to got through a recall process, which as demonstrated by recent behaviour should put him over the edge. [B-o]

Maybe he can use one of those 20 new mental health beds Kevin Falcon was bragging about to get himself back on an even keel. :D

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Bring on the recall I can't stand this guy. Smiles while he does what ever he wants.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Sounds like he's going to ignore the democratic process. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get recalled personally in the next year.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:39 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Sounds like he's going to ignore the democratic process. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get recalled personally in the next year.

sounds about right

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:38 am

I support the HST. Less Bureaucratic Cost, a simplified Sales Tax system, $100s of millions Saved in the Private Sector of the Economy. Most of the negatives involved are Political rather than Practical and of the Practical ill effects, they will be gone within 1-2 years.

Short term Pain, Long Term Gain.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:48 am

Richard Richard:
Bring on the recall I can't stand this guy. Smiles while he does what ever he wants.

0:
gordon-campbell.jpg
gordon-campbell.jpg [ 19.46 KiB | Viewed 469 times ]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:11 am

I can claim back the 7% I don't have to pay at all now. The capital we reserve for purchasing now buys 7% less.
And I lose the commission for collecting the tax.
The Government Agent in town where you remit the PST hasn't even been told where you remit the new HST.

Just exactly HOW does this translate to 'savings for the customers'? Manufacturing and reseller costs go UP, not down.
Lying sacks of shit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:39 pm

So, have any of you fellow BC'ers signed the anti-HST petition in your riding?

I finally found some campaigners today and signed up even though they already have the required 10% in my riding. Fellow I spoke to told me (according to his info) that only the Vancouver-Langara riding had not reached the 10% yet and some ridings already have more than 20% of voters on the petition and there is still another month to go before the campaign closes so this could go even higher.

Ignoring the democratic process would be a huge mistake on the Liberals part and could cost them most of their seats in the next election, if not sooner if a recall is called. This could get very ugly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:55 pm

sandorski sandorski:
I support the HST. Less Bureaucratic Cost, a simplified Sales Tax system, $100s of millions Saved in the Private Sector of the Economy. Most of the negatives involved are Political rather than Practical and of the Practical ill effects, they will be gone within 1-2 years.

Short term Pain, Long Term Gain.

Feel free to pay my share when it goes through.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Ignoring the democratic process would be a huge mistake on the Liberals part and could cost them most of their seats in the next election, if not sooner if a recall is called. This could get very ugly.

I hope so. We need to show arrogant politicians that we won't put up with their crap. Even if that means an NDP government.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Strutz Strutz:

I hope so. We need to show arrogant politicians that we won't put up with their crap. Even if that means an NDP government.

I know... and that is a scary thought.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Your real beef is with the rate of taxation, not the HST. You're taking up the wrong fight.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 pm

The biggest beef is actually with the Gordo thinking he can just ram things down your throat without due process. The HST may be just the vehicle people are using to let him know "enough is enough"