Title: Prosecutors claim Governor at center of Republican 'criminal scheme'
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: BeaverFever
Date: 2014-06-20 08:26:54

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:31 am

$1:
The documents include an excerpt from an email in which Walker tells Karl Rove, former top adviser to President George W. Bush, that Johnson would lead the coordination campaign. Johnson also is Walker's longtime campaign strategist and the chief adviser to Wisconsin Club for Growth, a prominent conservative group.

"Bottom-line: R.J. helps keep in place a team that is wildly successful in Wisconsin. We are running 9 recall elections and it will be like 9 congressional markets in every market in the state (and Twin Cities)," Walker wrote to Rove on May 4, 2011. Rove runs American Crossroads, which backs Republican congressional and presidential candidates.

Beginning in March 2011, there were "open and express discussions" of the need to coordinate the activities of entities like Americans for Prosperity, Wisconsin Club for Growth, the Republican Party of Wisconsin, the Republican State Leadership Committee and the Republican Governors Association, special prosecutor Francis Schmitz wrote. Conference calls were held between the Walker campaign, the governors association and the business lobbying group Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, he wrote.

The scope of the criminal scheme under investigation "is expansive," Schmitz wrote. "It includes criminal violations of multiple elections laws, including violations of Filing a False Campaign Report or Statement and Conspiracy to File a False Campaign Report or Statement."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

This is just that commie Muslim Obama going after good honest Republicans who are trying to save the US from the lieberal menace. For shame.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:37 am

andyt andyt:
This is just that commie Muslim Obama going after good honest Republicans who are trying to save the US from the lieberal menace. For shame.

Not exactly. What it is, is a twisted telling of a story purposed to make you believe some sort of criminal activity has taken place by burying the lede.

Here's what actually happened...

"Friendly reminder to the media from Scott Walker: Two different judges have rejected the left’s new “scandal” about me

You already know that, I hope, although most of the media either doesn’t or is pretending that it doesn’t. Ed wrote two separate posts last month after a clearly irritated federal judge issued an injunction shutting down prosecutors’ secret investigation of Walker and conservative groups for allegedly coordinating during his recall election campaign. That injunction came after conservatives sued the prosecutors claiming that the secret probe was violating their First Amendment rights. The court agreed, emphatically. A few months before that, a Wisconsin state judge quashed several subpoenas issued by investigators because they failed to show probable cause that any campaign-finance crimes had been committed. The documents unsealed yesterday that sent the left into raptures are simply allegations by the prosecutors made as part of the now-defunct (pending appeal, of course) case. And yet you’d never know it from media reports like this hack job at WaPo wondering how damaging his new “scandal” will be to Walker’s 2016 chances. The court rulings aren’t even mentioned. Imagine if someone was sued, won his case, and the media reports the next day focused only on the plaintiff’s accusations without mentioning the verdict. That’s how desperate the left and their friends in the press are to punish Walker for his dual affront of signing the collective barganing law and beating back a liberal challenge in the 2012 recall election. He’s got a knack for thwarting them and they know it; now they need to try to blow him up on the launchpad before he’s reelected again and looks to 2016...

There's more at the link.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/20/f ... -about-me/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 am

Oh, its another vast left-wing conspiracy, proven by a post in a right-wing blog! A plea to respect the "rights of the accused" from those who onbly believe in such a thing when they're the ones who stand accused. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am

Nope, it's the same conspiracy. Your lamestream media is still lying to you and you're still too naive, or brainwashed, or afraid, or something, to listen to the facts. The facts aren't right or left. They're the facts. Don't be afraid of them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Nope, it's the same conspiracy. Your lamestream media is still lying to you and you're still too naive, or brainwashed, or afraid, or something, to listen to the facts. The facts aren't right or left. They're the facts. Don't be afraid of them.

How do you know they're facts? Because you assume conservatives never lie so you open mouth and gladly swallow whatever they squirt in there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:19 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

How do you know they're facts? Because you assume conservatives never lie so you open mouth and gladly swallow whatever they squirt in there.

Whereas you think liberals never lie, so you open up and gladly swallow whatever they squirt in there.

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Wherever did I say liberals never lie? My link is an actual newspaper, not some conservative fuck-tard blog

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Dude you know if blogs and YouTube links were banned, fiddlys entire existence on this forum would disappear along with the entire sum of his knowledge, so give him a break man :mrgreen:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:13 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Dude you know if blogs and YouTube links were banned, fiddlys entire existence on this forum would disappear along with the entire sum of his knowledge, so give him a break man :mrgreen:

Whoa, are you saying Youtube is useless? 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:59 pm

desertdude desertdude:

He's still have the Daily Mail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:19 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Wherever did I say liberals never lie? My link is an actual newspaper, not some conservative fuck-tard blog

Wow...an actual for real newspaper. Aren't you special.

Very well. Gather around little proggies, I'm going to show you a trick.

You can use this one with right wing blogs. I'm going to assume it doesn't work with your left wing blogs, because I know you use them. I see you link to them all the time. You don't seem to know the trick though, so I'll show it to you.

OK, so first of all I know what's left of your brains are conditioned against this - it might even be against the Geneva convention or something, but just this once, click the link.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/20/f ... -about-me/

OK, icky, icky, yucky, poo poo...I know but fight through it. You'll see other links there. Click one.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 09431.html

Hey wait a minute...this is the same sainted, actual newspaper of the OP. We're allowed to read that. What does it say?

$1:
A federal judge ordered a halt Tuesday to the John Doe investigation into campaign spending and fundraising by Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and conservative groups, saying the effort appeared to violate one of the group's free speech rights.

In his 26-page decision, U.S. District Judge Rudolph Randa in Milwaukee told prosecutors to immediately stop the long-running, five-county probe into possible illegal coordination between Walker's campaign, the Wisconsin Club for Growth and a host of others during the 2011 and 2012 recall elections.

"The (Wisconsin Club for Growth and its treasurer) have found a way to circumvent campaign finance laws, and that circumvention should not and cannot be condemned or restricted. Instead, it should be recognized as promoting political speech, an activity that is 'ingrained in our culture,'" Randa wrote, quoting from a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision.

He ordered an immediate halt to the investigation, the return of all property seized during it, and the destruction of any information and materials gained in the investigation. He told the Wisconsin Club for Growth it did not need to cooperate with prosecutors in any way.

But hang on kiddies...isn't that what the icky poo poo blog said?

Sure it is...

"a clearly irritated federal judge issued an injunction shutting down prosecutors’ secret investigation of Walker and conservative groups for allegedly coordinating during his recall election campaign."

In fact didn't the unclickable blog say there were two events of judges throwing out the case.

Why yes, as a matter of fact it did.

"A few months before that, a Wisconsin state judge quashed several subpoenas issued by investigators..."

And let's try our trick again of looking for a link within the blog to a mainstream site for support.

Oh ohs...there is one. It's a link to the Wall Street Journal. That is maybe, kind of right wing but we can't sell it as just "a blog" so what can we do? It says...

"Chalk up a big victory for the First Amendment. On Friday a Wisconsin judge struck a major blow for free political speech when he quashed subpoenas to conservative groups and ordered the return of property to the targets of a so-called John Doe campaign-finance probe..."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 0195586080

I guess what you'll have to do is admit that whether you like what the right wing blog is or not what it's giving you here is the facts.

There is no legal decision showing Walker guilty of criminal activity. The only two actual decisions on the case so far have thrown the matter out of court. All you have left are some petulant, whimpering, legalized "yeah buts" from loser lefties who refuse to give up.

Really you guys should be embarrassed. Why would you even want to bring this one up?

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm

andyt andyt:
He's still have the Daily Mail.

Did you know the Daily Mail is the second most read newspaper in the UK, and their online news site 'Mail Online' is the most visited newspaper website in the world.

That makes it what we call "Mainstream" and makes you what we call "The Fringe". :wink:

Hey, come to think of it, here's one I always wondered about. What news are you Proggist fringe types allowed to read anyway? Does it have to be government subsidized or something? You do read something besides message boards right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Proggists? Progtards? Oh noez! What ever shall we do? :roll: