canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Title: Protected woodpeckers cause thousands of dollars in damage to Prince George hotel
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2018-04-15 12:41:00
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:47 pm

This article made me laugh as we were woken up early this morning to one of these fellas pecking away at the siding of our building between our living room windows and the neighbors. tat-tat-tat-tat-tat... It was so annoying. My bf got up and tried to scare it away from the deck but the pecker just ignored him. So he got a small glass of water and tossed the water at the bird who flew away. 10min later he returned and resumed pecking. So another glass of water. 10min later back he was. Third time seemed to be the charm as he hasn't returned yet.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:57 am

I like Northern Flickers though. Very pretty!

They tend to eat ants and termites, which I hate.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 am

Strutz Strutz:
This article made me laugh as we were woken up early this morning to one of these fellas pecking away at the siding of our building between our living room windows and the neighbors. tat-tat-tat-tat-tat... It was so annoying. My bf got up and tried to scare it away from the deck but the pecker just ignored him. So he got a small glass of water and tossed the water at the bird who flew away. 10min later he returned and resumed pecking. So another glass of water. 10min later back he was. Third time seemed to be the charm as he hasn't returned yet.

Spraying vinegar on the wood being pecked is often enough to keep the birds away.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:31 pm

So early this morning the pecker came back and started up his pecking again. My bf got up and did the water thing again. This time instead of flying away the bird flew into the tree beside the building and perched on a branch looking in his direction. He went and got another glass of water ready and upon seeing him return to the deck the pecker flew off in a hurry. I guess he made the connection! :lol: