Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: Alta_redneck
Date: 2016-06-03 08:41:53
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:32 pm

create a class system and continue to punish the middle class. Way to go! lets kill more investment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Doesn't make the anti-tax side look very good when this is the kind of idiocy they think up in response. :roll:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3616083

$1:
The nine Wildrose MLAs who wrote a post comparing the NDP's proposed carbon tax to the genocide of millions of Ukrainians in the 1930s have apologized.

"The Holodomor was an atrocious and intentional act that saw the deaths of millions upon millions of Ukrainians," the written statement of apology said.

"Any interpretation of the column collaborated on by the nine Wildrose MLAs as dismissing the Holodomor as a horrendous act was completely unintentional, and we unreservedly apologize."

I'll call it right now. The WRA can't get their shit together and they're too prone to retarded outbursts like this to ever be fit for government. If this continues the Dippers will stay in charge in the next election with a reduced majority.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:27 pm

You're trusting the CBC to tell you what is in a letter that doesn't exist anymore. I haven't been looking for this story but can't find it any where else. No doubt CBC got some facts right, hopefully.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Well now that was looking for it ................ :oops:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:40 pm

It gives me no pleasure to side with the CBC on anything but in this case it's not credibly in doubt. Seen this far too often back in the old days with the Reform Party and now again with the WRA. They take that grassroots crap way too literally, as well as that "freedom for MP's/MLA's too", toss aside the common sense filter that would normally tell them "maybe we shouldn't say something like this" before they say it, and this is what they eventually end up with. Another embarrassing moment because they can't keep their hyperbole problems under control. If you constantly take every issue and turn it into "the worst crisis EVER!" then eventually people tune you out when the sky doesn't fall. Or, even worse, they start laughing and don't take you seriously anymore.

For guys that were ranting the other day that Notley should have invited Brad Wall to the Legislature instead of Wynne maybe they should study how and why Brad Wall keeps winning elections, with an emphasis on him not tolerating in the slightest the kind of bozo eruptions from within his own ranks that the WRA seems to specialize in. :|

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:01 pm

I read it again, the hard working, moonshine making Ukrainians that I know will be more pissed at a tax imposed on them that was never campaigned on, than this WR blog

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:32 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
I read it again, the hard working, moonshine making Ukrainians that I know will be more pissed at a tax imposed on them that was never campaigned on, than this WR blog

Never campaigned on?? [huh]

People have short memories.

$1:
"Today, the PCs have again delayed much-needed changes to the regulations governing this province's greenhouse gas emission, continuing their neglect of protecting our land, air and water. The PCs' neglect of this crucial issue endangers our industry, as well as our natural environment.… We need to take action to ensure that those who profit from our province's emissions are held responsible, to invest in renewable energy, and to ensure that industry is able to behave in a responsible manner by passing strong protections for our air and water." Source: Statement from NDP environment critic Brian Mason on delayed climate change regulations

$1:
The PC government needs to act on the study released today by indigenous leaders and scientists that show the harmful effects that oilsands development has on the health of residents, wildlife and the environment in northern Alberta, said then NDP environment critic Rachel Notley. Source: Government needs to step up and protect people, environment from oil sands effects: Notley

http://www.cbc.ca/news/elections/albert ... -1.3063567