Title: Rare open-heart surgery performed on shelter puppy from Whistler
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2015-11-07 09:57:26
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:23 am

All very heartwarming, but we spend far too much caring for animals and not enough on humans. There's a show on knowledge called Hope for Wildlife, where they spend a fortune on feed and vet bills on deer, seals, raccoon etc etc. None of these are endangered, many will be hunted or exterminated as pests. All that money and volunteer time could be spent on human beings instead. I'm sure it makes the rescuer's hearts glow and all, but to me it seems they care more for animals than humans. Same with the idiots that bring up rescue dogs from California (and India apparently). These are mostly Chihuahuas and such brought in by the illegals and allowed to breed indiscriminately. We have enough dogs that need rescuing right here in BC.

And again, doing extensive, expensive surgery on dogs, when we have humans waiting for their chance - just insane.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:56 am

$1:
And again, doing extensive, expensive surgery on dogs, when we have humans waiting for their chance - just insane.

I didn't realize that people were bumped off a waiting list so vets could operate on a dog.

$1:
A team of veterinarians successfully performed the first canine open-heart surgery in British Columbia this week.

The veterinarians operated on Taylor, a seven-month-old German shepherd/Doberman cross. Taylor is a rescue dog from Whistler with an extremely rare heart defect.

But all of the doctors donated their time for the surgery. The veterinary hospital and the Whistler animal shelter also donated money and equipment.

Feeding the wild animals and bringing dogs in from other places are your only two valid points. Next time you or yours need surgery, I guess we'll see if a vet is free.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Typical compartmentalized thinking.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Yes. Yes you're correct, your thought process would best be described as limited.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:28 pm

This must be Andy's view of himself. :D

Attachments:
Tiger Kitty.jpg
Tiger Kitty.jpg [ 51.76 KiB | Viewed 16 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:09 pm

It was a stupid fucking argument he was making....typical Andy. He was bitching about veterinarians working pro bono, using equipment and cash donated by a veterinary hospital and the Whistler animal shelter. Medical professionals not trained nor allowed to work on humans using a facility not intended for humans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Kind of what Zippy once described, one of those kind of liberals that are hyper-generous with the tax-funded programs but on a lot of other issues they're more flint-hearted than any conservative you'd encounter ever could be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Well seeing as the money, facilities and services were never intended to be directed towards people.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:22 pm

The way I look at it is the Red Cross and all these "people" oriented organizations always have donations passed on to them by the public and major corporations. Which is why I've always given my money to the wildlife interests, Ducks Unlimited etc. I guess that's why I also have life memberships with the Wildlife Rescue Association in Burnabyand the BC Waterfowl Society, the overseers of the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary in Ladner.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Granpa said: Never pay more for a pet than the cost of the shovel you're gonna have to bury it with.

But why not try these procedures to see if they CAN? Seems dumb to not even try.