CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8206
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 am
 


Thanos wrote:
Not in the slightest. I don't walk into the room demanding to be seen as the good-est one there. I also don't sell out my own in order to be liked by those who would still look at me as some kind of a fop on a suck-holing mission no matter what I do to get their attention.

:o :P


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10849
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:05 am
 


fifeboy wrote:
Thanos wrote:
Trudeau, and most of the Canadian left wing, is addicted to virtue signalling. Every time they hear some celebrity like Bono say something absolutely empty and meaningless touchy-feely comment like "the world needs more Canada" the virtue signallers practically blow one off in their pants from getting a pat on the head like that. It's crept into our politics and economy and is creating divisions that haven't been seen since the last Quebec crisis. Help an industry that's absolutely vital to the national interest even if most of this self-righteous country hates it? Or get a huge splash on the front page of the Toronto Star by making sure trannies are allowed into every women's washroom in the country, or by enforcing a gender balance in businesses that are and always will be overwhelmingly male? They'll always go for the latter sort of things over all other considerations. Their addiction to being seen as good means they can't help themselves.

You realize, I hope, that what you just said is also virtue signaling, just to another audience.


Before PM steps out into public Gerald Butts makes sure Trudeau has a fresh battery in his Virtue Signal machine and his eyebrows are firmly in place.


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27658
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:13 am
 


The leadership of the United States has turned into something from a snuff film.

The leadership of Canada has turned into something like one of those nauseating shows on Treehouse that are too dull even for the average toddler.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8589
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:04 am
 


Thanos wrote:
The leadership of the United States has turned into something from a snuff film.

The leadership of Canada has turned into something like one of those nauseating shows on Treehouse that are too dull even for the average toddler.

Right? They don't even have an infectious song like "Baby Shark". It's just bland virtue signalling.
Image


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8206
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:11 am
 


PluggyRug wrote:
fifeboy wrote:
Thanos wrote:
Trudeau, and most of the Canadian left wing, is addicted to virtue signalling. Every time they hear some celebrity like Bono say something absolutely empty and meaningless touchy-feely comment like "the world needs more Canada" the virtue signallers practically blow one off in their pants from getting a pat on the head like that. It's crept into our politics and economy and is creating divisions that haven't been seen since the last Quebec crisis. Help an industry that's absolutely vital to the national interest even if most of this self-righteous country hates it? Or get a huge splash on the front page of the Toronto Star by making sure trannies are allowed into every women's washroom in the country, or by enforcing a gender balance in businesses that are and always will be overwhelmingly male? They'll always go for the latter sort of things over all other considerations. Their addiction to being seen as good means they can't help themselves.

You realize, I hope, that what you just said is also virtue signaling, just to another audience.


Before PM steps out into public Gerald Butts makes sure Trudeau has a fresh battery in his Virtue Signal machine and his eyebrows are firmly in place.

Possibly true but my point still stands, TDS requires all Trudeau haters to signal their hatred to others. I noticed this as soon as I moved west. Then again in the North, people were either Liberal or NDP. One could tell if someone was from the southern prairies because they started almost every conversation with Easterners and TRUDEAU :x . If SOPET showed up and paved the street in front of his house, by hand, my son in law would say: “But Trudeau...his dad gave us the finger... if it wasn’t for him I could be driving a $100 000 truck instead of a 60 000 truck. Oh the west has been screwed by Trudeau.


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27658
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28 am
 


I was one of the "conservatives" around here who gave Trudeau a chance. Not full belief in any of that "social license" crap, but not hatred of him the way others did and do. How do you think I feel now, knowing that with C-69 & 48 he's really no different than his dad, after I went out of my way to think that he wouldn't turn out in the end to be the same?

And I really wish some of you people would knock it the fuck off with that "Albertans and their toys" crap. We're talking now about people without work who are losing their fucking homes, not some goddamn ridiculous clowned-up pick-up truck. This "joke" that some of you seem to find so endlessly funny is nothing but a form of contempt and spitting in the face of people who have quite literally lost everything. If you can't see this after three-plus years of economic devastation then you can't be reached on this issue any more than Bart can be gotten through to on the basic rotten evil of Trump. Seriously, just stop it already.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8857
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:55 am
 


Yeah and driving 10,000 trucks around honking isn't going to change court decisions or market conditions.
Nor is incessant bawling about the guy who's done more FOR pipelines than anyone else. More than Harper or the current lot of policy-less Tories who offer noting more than another term of endless unconstitutional law and order blather every 24 hours. They couldn't do shit either about the situation, but let's not actually mention that fact lest it spoil our bullshit party about virtue signalling and right wing jingoism.
Nobody needs more distraction that Trudeau is the problem to avoid seeing the real problem.
Change the damn gov't if you want, that's your democratic right. Then you can see the new one start from scratch and add another couple years delay.


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27658
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:09 pm
 


Harper didn't bring rules in that allowed every single interest group with a gripe to bring a shuddering halt to any infrastructure project in the country. But Trudeau did. Think this thing ends for Transmountain when/if they satisfy the federal court on the Native consultations? Bullshit. It just starts all over again with the next batter in the endless line up of injunction attempts.

You watch. There's a 50/50 chance right now that the process is now so paralyzed by endless court action that the money the feds spent on Transmountain gets written off just like the outstanding debt GM owed for the 2008 bailout was. They've trapped themselves so badly with their own ridiculous rules that the only option they'll have is to walk away from the project altogether.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9461
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:38 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
I was one of the "conservatives" around here who gave Trudeau a chance. Not full belief in any of that "social license" crap, but not hatred of him the way others did and do. How do you think I feel now, knowing that with C-69 & 48 he's really no different than his dad, after I went out of my way to think that he wouldn't turn out in the end to be the same?

And I really wish some of you people would knock it the fuck off with that "Albertans and their toys" crap. We're talking now about people without work who are losing their fucking homes, not some goddamn ridiculous clowned-up pick-up truck. This "joke" that some of you seem to find so endlessly funny is nothing but a form of contempt and spitting in the face of people who have quite literally lost everything. If you can't see this after three-plus years of economic devastation then you can't be reached on this issue any more than Bart can be gotten through to on the basic rotten evil of Trump. Seriously, just stop it already.

R=UP
The truth is there's Backstabbing so called Canadians enjoying watching Alberta suffer while still expecting their share of equalization payments. :evil:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8589
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:13 pm
 


The Concept of the "Giant Nation-State" is a dying idea. It works if the population is homogeneous or there is a strong sense of national identity (read Russia), but not when it's "diverse" they tend to break down. The Nation tends to suffer from Regionalism and disintegrates.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8857
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm
 


The natives as a whole and Fisheries and Oceans do not make "every single interest group". There's TWO issues to overcome, not the bullshit like Enbridge still smiling and waving their flag when they got nailed with like three hundred conditions.
So long as there's no fucking "extensions" to them or some absurd decision like ONE ship a day more will kill all the whales, it's a done deal.
You can throw on top of that that if Alberta had thrown in one dollar a barrel for transit Notley could've bought off the BC NDP opposition to the project.

And understand that no matter how much oil Alberta has, everyone else has shitloads too and demand for it is going to go down, not up. In the NEAR future, not decades away.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32713
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am
 


llama66 wrote:
The Concept of the "Giant Nation-State" is a dying idea. It works if the population is homogeneous or there is a strong sense of national identity (read Russia), but not when it's "diverse" they tend to break down. The Nation tends to suffer from Regionalism and disintegrates.


Your Russia analogy breaks down. Russia is a very diverse country, as it borders Europe in the West and Asia in the South and East. 11 other countries, from my count. And I know that each region has it's own language, much like parts of Canada. Most speak Russian, but also have regional differences.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8589
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
The Concept of the "Giant Nation-State" is a dying idea. It works if the population is homogeneous or there is a strong sense of national identity (read Russia), but not when it's "diverse" they tend to break down. The Nation tends to suffer from Regionalism and disintegrates.


Your Russia analogy breaks down. Russia is a very diverse country, as it borders Europe in the West and Asia in the South and East. 11 other countries, from my count. And I know that each region has it's own language, much like parts of Canada. Most speak Russian, but also have regional differences.


But they have a strong sense of national identity and pride, which is one of those caveats I alluded to. A hold over from the Soviet era. Putin also helps foster a strong sense of national pride.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32713
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:15 am
 


llama66 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
The Concept of the "Giant Nation-State" is a dying idea. It works if the population is homogeneous or there is a strong sense of national identity (read Russia), but not when it's "diverse" they tend to break down. The Nation tends to suffer from Regionalism and disintegrates.


Your Russia analogy breaks down. Russia is a very diverse country, as it borders Europe in the West and Asia in the South and East. 11 other countries, from my count. And I know that each region has it's own language, much like parts of Canada. Most speak Russian, but also have regional differences.


But they have a strong sense of national identity and pride, which is one of those caveats I alluded to. A hold over from the Soviet era. Putin also helps foster a strong sense of national pride.


Absolutely. The Soviets were very successful in imprinting everyone with the Russian 'Spirit', and Russians and the Orthodox Church were also something the Soviets didn't mess with that brings Russians together. But they still have some very regional traditions and values that aren't shared everywhere in Russia. Russia is very influential in Vilnius, but people in the Kamchatka Krai probably could relate better to folks from Fairbanks, Alaska than someone from Volograd.

And Putin is starting to lose his shine in many eyes. Might be time for him to invent another crisis to bring everyone back into the fold. I'm betting on the religious split of Ukraine.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63685
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am
 


The Yellow Vest protest in Edmonton got nasty when the antifa shitstains showed up to disrupt the event.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ellow+vest

Better videos on LiveLeak show antifa creeps getting their asses kicked when they tried to pose as Yellow Vest protesters and then start violence and vandalism to discredit the actual Yellow Vest group.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.