canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:17 am

rickc rickc:
Usually when a big story breaks a bunch of conspiracy nutjobs start spinning tales of false flag operations. "Its a conspiracy made to make us look bad, take away our rights, etc., etc.". I have not seen any of that so far. So far Canada has been pretty forthright in admitting that there was a problem. This atrocity did in fact happen. That is admirable.

We have come to terms what was done in our names, and we do not approve. All we are waiting for now is a body count.

rickc rickc:
My problem is with the response. I see a whole lot of statue removal and building renaming being proposed. Putting some asses in some prison cells? Not so much. So far one person on this site (Tricks) is calling for prison time. One person? It seems like a no brainer to me. This is ORGANISED mass murder. This is conspiracy at high levels.
...Everyone who worked at that school who is still alive should be sitting before a grand jury today, or in a jail cell. Like Tricks pointed out, the last school just closed 25 years ago. Its not ancient history. Whatever tech that they used at the kamloops school to look into the ground should be being used TODAY at EVERY residential school. Less talk, more action.

Let's not forget this process started in the mid 1800's. Many of the architects are long dead. Sure, there are people alive who perpetuated the system, but they didn't start it. (we don't have any sort of thing like your 'grand juries')

We are more concerned about those still alive who bear the scars for what was inflicted upon them. If punishment is what they want, we are for that. If simple acknowledgement is needed, we want that too.

But the main perpetrator, the one who has the records of children, the one who knows how they died and who killed them, and where they are buried is the one who has said nothing so far. We want the Catholic Church to first admit, then apologize, then participate with the records stored at The Vatican - to make this right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:36 am

I want to hear an Apology from our Prime Minister, whose father was PM for 15 years while this atrocity was going on, and I want the Pope to come here and stand before the people who were victimized by the Residential School System and ask for their forgiveness.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:06 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 pm

llama66 llama66:
I want to hear an Apology from our Prime Minister, whose father was PM for 15 years while this atrocity was going on, and I want the Pope to come here and stand before the people who were victimized by the Residential School System and ask for their forgiveness.

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:29 pm

raydan raydan:

Right? I actually cringe when people pine for 'the good old days', because they were pretty fucking terrible.

But that is how certain ideologies perpetuate, by playing on people's naivete and poor memories about the past.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Tax the churches to pay for searches.

Hear! Hear!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
In Grade 12, we spent weeks and weeks learning about communism and fascism, and one day about each of the World Wars and it pissed me off to no end.

Back when I was in high school (1994-1999), we covered a LOT of ground on the World Wars (including all the Canadian aspects, etc.). History has always been one of my most favourite things (and subjects in school, always pulling A's). We even had a WWI re-enactor come to out school and gave us an interactive persentation.

Anything I didn't learn about history in school was filled in by my father (taught me about German things), and my granddad (taught me more than any school could ever teach, and had a LOT of books that I loved to read).

If anything, schools need to get back to that. The education system is a joke nowadays from what I've heard from friends (same age group) who have kids and shake their heads at what the kids are being taught these days.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:09 pm

llama66 llama66:

You most probably will hear one in Parliament, he already condemned this shit many times in speeches and what gives about his father, who was in power when they ENDED residential schools?
K? THe shit started with Sir John A, and ended with PET. The PMs left alive are Harper, Martin, Campbell, Clark, Mulroney and Chretien. Let's hear apologies from them.

Justin will end up apologizing, and undoubtledly we'll hear whining from shitheads about doing it when he does. Just like some dickface who got picked up in the newspapers complaining when he apologized for the treatment of Italian Canadians in WW2.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Harper has nothing to apologize for.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Harper has nothing to apologize for.

And yet, he did. He didn't have to whatsoever, but he did.

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/government-apologizes-for-residential-schools-in-2008-1.4666041

:idea:

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:26 pm

That's what I meant. Harper did most of the work in having the government acknowledge what happened in the schools and made reparations for it. Which was about a million times more significant and comprehensive than every other Canadian government that preceded him did combined in recognition of this issue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:45 pm

herbie herbie:
llama66 llama66:

You most probably will hear one in Parliament, he already condemned this shit many times in speeches and what gives about his father, who was in power when they ENDED residential schools?
K? THe shit started with Sir John A, and ended with PET. The PMs left alive are Harper, Martin, Campbell, Clark, Mulroney and Chretien. Let's hear apologies from them.

Justin will end up apologizing, and undoubtledly we'll hear whining from shitheads about doing it when he does. Just like some dickface who got picked up in the newspapers complaining when he apologized for the treatment of Italian Canadians in WW2.

And that's why the residential school program continued until 1996.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Roots go deep...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:01 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

Right? I actually cringe when people pine for 'the good old days', because they were pretty fucking terrible.

But that is how certain ideologies perpetuate, by playing on people's naivete and poor memories about the past.

The people who reminisce about the 'good old days' are usually old white guys, who had the world by the balls back then.

Now they have to share with women and coloured people and it pisses them off.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 14  Next