Title: Rihanna took him back?
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: maldonsfecht
Date: 2009-02-27 18:45:22

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:49 pm

silly girl... hope she realises her violent worse-half is not worth the abuse... it will happen again... maybe not in public, and maybe not quite so blatantly... but he will continue to abuse her emotionally if not physically...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm not surprised. Abused women more often then not continually go back to their abusers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:53 pm

They sure do...on average they dont leave until about the seventh or eighth time of leaving, if they live

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 pm

She's not the brightest light on the christmas tree to begin with.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 pm

makes me physically ill... seen it first-hand up close... sickening

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:33 pm

I know what she is thinking, and I know where she is heading. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Why do we care?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Why do we care?

it's representative of the unseen cases in the general population, and the high profile this case carries will send a terrible message to those who are being abused... plus, he beat her... that's why we care

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:56 pm

maldonsfecht maldonsfecht:
Tricks Tricks:
Why do we care?

it's representative of the unseen cases in the general population, and the high profile this case carries will send a terrible message to those who are being abused... plus, he beat her... that's why we care

Women are beaten and abused everyday and then go back, and no one gives a damn. Why should we care when it happens to a celebrity? That's what I mean, the only reason this is news is because of their status, not because of the story.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Tricks Tricks:
Why do we care?

Women are beaten and abused everyday and then go back, and no one gives a damn. Why should we care when it happens to a celebrity? That's what I mean, the only reason this is news is because of their status, not because of the story.

It's not that she's a celebrity, it's that it happened. However, like it or not her being a celebrity brought it to the public's attention... so now, it's hearing about another woman being abused and then returning to the abuser which in any case would be negative. Having seen situations such as this and even worse myself first-hand, it raises my anger to see it no matter to whom it happens. In addition, as I mentioned before, it sets a very prominent example to their fan-base (impressionable youth) saying domestic violence is not serious enough to end a relationship...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Doesn't this just show the values we want back so desperately? Till death do us part?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 pm

they're not married ;-)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Tricks Tricks:
Why do we care?

I completeley understand your consternation over the fact that it seems that people are making a big fuss because she is a celebrity Tricks. In most regards I feel the same way about celebities. This particular situation is different in that a lot of young women who are in similar domestic situations are also watching Rhianna closely. The thinking in general is that if she had stood up to this POS and said NEVER AGAIN ASSHOLE, a lot of other women in abusive relationships would have followed suit. Unfortunately, they will now be more inclined to stay with their abusers!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:26 pm

they're not married ;-)

yet