canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:51 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=20224" target="_blank">Riveting Vimy Ridge documentary airs Monday </a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=13" target="_blank">Military</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Scape" target="_blank">Scape</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-03-24 09:28:18
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Would like to watch, but no History channel. :(

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:05 pm

Got the PVR set to record this one! Thanks Scape!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:24 pm

boo, I hope someone torrents this ;)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:43 pm

Someone record this so I can illegally download it... Thanks... :P I have the History Channel....

But I will most likely forget it's on or not be allowed to watch...

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:38 pm

That's the first good program they've had on since November 11. Two hours of programs followed by 22 hours of CSI.......oh brother!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:38 am

yes can someone please torrent it??? I miss the history channel!! I desperately want to see this.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:31 am

You're not missing much. The History Television channel is a joke these days. Between JAG, CSI, Paid Programming, old movies and rerun US versions of the Antique Road show there not much left. Maybe a few hours a week of relevant historical content. I watched it all the time, but next month I'm dropping it from my package. Even the history content is old reruns from other stations. It's too bad.....in it's day it was good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:13 pm

how the hell does jag and csi get on the history channel?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:38 pm

sandorski sandorski:
how the hell does jag and csi get on the history channel?
Exactly!! :evil:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:57 am

I don't get the history channel but I watched a 2 hour documentary last nite from the history channel. Digging for the Truth - Atlantis New Revelations.

I wish I could sue them for wasting 2 hours of my life. The so-called New Revelation could have been told in all of maybe 10 minutes and the only proofs found were that the lastest research showed proof that Atlantis did not exist where some researchers thought it did. How informing - NOT! Then I suppose with all the stations there are now they have to fill there on air time with crap. This also applies to CTV and Global of which I am more aquainted.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:44 am

With so many channels wouldn't it be easier to get better programming on? The HT will pull reruns of CSI and JAG for years yet won't pull reruns of history from the US history channel or others like that. They've continued to dilute programming till there's virtually nothing historical about the channel. I'm waiting for the day when the name will change to something else and it will cease to exist, yet still have to pay for it.....well only for a few more weeks. Maybe their programming staff need to have a history background...............or at least have to know what history looks like.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:21 am

There are many examples like HT. TLC (The Learning Channel).......What not to wear is educational? Overhaulin? American Chopper? A&E? Aside from 3 hours on Sunday morning anyone ever see anything about the arts?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 am

I'll definitely be recording this. :wink:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:15 am

I used to LOVE TLC, but it's really gone downhill with all the crap shows, such as the ones Wullu mentioned.