CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:03 am

Yay! Monopolies!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:17 am

The only reason that I deal with Shaw is so that I don't have to deal with Rogers. Fuck what a shitty company.

Oh well, SpaceX, here I come!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:01 am

Ugh. And thus Canadians lose even more choice when it comes to cellular providers among other things.

Yay more monopolies. Now Bell just needs to buy up Rogers and we can all live under the oppressive umbrella of one company.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:15 am

So now customer service will be better right? To serve us better right?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:30 am

uwish uwish:
So now customer service will be better right? To serve us better right?

And it will create jobs, foster market competition, and the cheque is in the mail.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Well this is shitty. Telus, Rogers and Bell were the big three but regionally Shaw was the big cable provider out west. They just got into the cell business as well and I had gotten in on that as the deal was too good to pass on. Unlimited text and talk for $0 is hard to sniff at. I had had business with rogers before but found that they were a horrible company with shoddy service and a billing system that they outsource to Indian call centres.

For my work I need high speed cable and not ADSL. Shaw has never let me down in the decades that I have been with them but with Rogers running the show I can see mass lay-offs and service disruptions with forced 'upgrades'. I hope the regulators block this.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:00 pm

Bell and Rogers have Canada firmly in their grip. Harper and Trudeau both promised action and nothing has happened. Thus we are condemned to argue with blameless foreigners in call centres.

Last edited by Sunnyways on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:26 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Bells and Rogers have Canada firmly in their grip.

I almost cheered when I heard Verizon was going to enter the fray several years back, but then the monopolies got together and put the kibosh on it.

I started looking at Comwave last year, but their prices are average, and the fact that the few channels I would need are all expensive add-ons (whereas they are standard with Bell or Rogers), I didn't bother.

Smaller companies that pop up just end up getting bought anyways.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Bell or Videotron around here so I have Videotron.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Scape Scape:
Well this is shitty. Telus, Rogers and Bell were the big three but regionally Shaw was the big cable provider out west. They just got into the cell business as well and I had gotten in on that as the deal was too good to pass on. Unlimited text and talk for $0 is hard to sniff at. I had had business with rogers before but found that they were a horrible company with shoddy service and a billing system that they outsource to Indian call centres.

For my work I need high speed cable and not ADSL. Shaw has never let me down in the decades that I have been with them but with Rogers running the show I can see mass lay-offs and service disruptions with forced 'upgrades'. I hope the regulators block this.

You can let the Competition Bureau know how you feel here:
https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GH%C3%89T-83KK9Y

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Bell and Rogers have Canada firmly in their grip.

Smaller companies that pop up just end up getting bought anyways.

-J.

Let’s take our pills, do our breathing...OK, now we’re ready for this:

$1:

$1:

I’m not sure if constitutional change would be required..but the monster companies should be prohibited from being involved in any way with the smaller ones. We have an oligopoly that clearly inflates prices. In Britain and Ireland everything costs a fortune except the bloody cell phones. We can’t go on like this. But we probably will.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:55 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Scape Scape:

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GH%C3%89T-83KK9Y

.02$ sent.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:35 pm

$1:
https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic ... 89T-83KK9Y

Tell them. LESS competition is not gonna help for shit. Already dealing with bullshit CRTC policy here, 50Mb Internet is available in our town so we aren't eligible for federal grants. Yeah it's available - for $150 a month from an Independent ISP. Therefore "it's available". discussion ended.
The latest SHAW satellite TV bill was $157. Like a Rogers merger will make it less....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 pm

Scape Scape:

As long as they fix policies like the one in this article:
$1:
Rogers fines 91-year-old woman unable to return equipment due to lockdown

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers ... -1.5944348