Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:54 pm

He's not hiding behind anything, he is anti monarchy. He is also a comedian. Ergo, jokes about the queen. No different than Jon stuart making jokes about Fox News. He means them, but they're still jokes.

I don't understand what your problem is. Her Majesty is supposed to be off limits or something?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:58 pm

The problem is being told what's right and what's wrong by someone so out of touch with basic reality that he should keep his goddamn mouth shut. If I'm not going to tolerate this kind of crap from some obnoxious GOP fratboy like Donald Trump them I'm also not going to take it from some oblivious comfortable-leftie cretin like Russell Brand. They have no idea what daily life is like for the vast majority of people so they should quit pretending that they do and STFU.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Unfunny buy no big deal.
Some people get upset at making hamburger out of scared cows.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Not upset. Just annoyed and offended. I imagine I could have paid off all my debts, kept my house, and build up a good safety fund with the same amount of money that Russell Brand spends on Bolivian yayo every month to pound up his nostrils. Rich people, no matter what side of the spectrum they say they're on, all universally fucking suck and I don't care about any of the bullshit any of them spew. This is what I generally feel like when one of them condescends to tell the rest of us how to go through life.

Fuck them all. The world needs another Robespierre, and PDQ at that, nigga. :evil:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Do people still pay attention to Russell Brand?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The problem is being told what's right and what's wrong by someone so out of touch with basic reality that he should keep his goddamn mouth shut..They have no idea what daily life is like for the vast majority of people so they should quit pretending that they do and STFU.

As opposed to the Royal family? Rich people have a right to be opposed to monarchy too. In fact from the authors of the Magna Carta to George Washington and the Founding Fathers, most revolutionaries and reformers were wealthy elites. St least Brand had to earn his wealth and wasn't guaranteed to be born into it by law like Her Majesty was.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

Sorry but the only numbskull on this thread is you. You got caught making an asinine statement and are now beginning to backtrack. You and Brand both meant what you said, at least he has the balls to stick to whatever convictions he has. You're just a typical no-balls twit. :roll:

Can you clarify what statement you think I made that I'm supposedly backtracking on?

And for that matter what is it that Brand said that has all your panties in a knot?

He made a joke about the queen being German and giving a nazi salute. FAIR GAME

he thinks the idea of a reigning monarch, with attendant titles like your majesty" is outdated. IT IS

I'd say quit acting stupid but I'm afraid in your case there is no acting. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:00 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
I'd say quit acting stupid but I'm afraid in your case there is no acting. :roll:

Yet another thread where your "contribution" is nothing but empty trolling insults. Yet another area of your life where you're only capable of shooting blanks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

Yet another thread where your "contribution" is nothing but empty trolling insults. Yet another area of your life where you're only capable of shooting blanks.

That's not what your wife said! :lol:

I love how self-righteous you are after initiating the first insult. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:00 am

Well you fired the first insult at me, See 2Cdo @ 2015-07-24, 18:35:52 ("guys like him").

And although I replied using the word "numbskull" (probably the first time in my life choosing that name) at least I stayed on topic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:47 am

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Do people still pay attention to Russell Brand?
Like the Queen/Royal family are any more relevant? They are an anachronism that is long past its expiry date.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:53 am

The only thing that can be said for keeping the monarchy, whether there or here, is that getting rid of it would be way more trouble than its worth. Just keep tightening the screws on the public money they get, and who cares. You don't want to call her your Majesty, call her whatever you want, to her face if you get the chance. I doubt there would be any repercussions, except the outrage we see here from the red faced brigade. And Brand seems like a bit of a hypocrite. What did he call her when he met her? He sure has a dick sucking grin on his face in that pic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:57 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Well you fired the first insult at me, See 2Cdo @ 2015-07-24, 18:35:52 ("guys like him").

And although I replied using the word "numbskull" (probably the first time in my life choosing that name) at least I stayed on topic.

"Guys like him" is an insult? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:19 am

Wouldn't you feel insulted if compared to a guy like him? :lol:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:16 am

To attach the term Nazi to the royal family is absolutely insulting given how the queen served as an truck driver and mechanic during the war, is the only current head of state to have served in the war. The Queen Mother was described by Hitler himself as the "most dangerous woman in Britain" for refusing to be evacuated and to remain with her people in London during the entirety of war. The Queen is set to surpass HRM Victoria's record of 63 years on the throne come Septembre 9th. All those years of service to her people, in peace and in war, what the fuck has Russell done for his country?