canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 am

Title: Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.
Category: World
Posted By: Ruxpercnd
Date: 2008-12-30 07:06:54

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 am

Get in line Canada.... Russia is looking to get Alaska back. We Americans are expecting Canada to protect us there... Hmmm... yup, I think I would rather be Canadian, than Russian. We are pals, right?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:59 am

What a shame he didn't predict the fall of the soviet Union :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 am

Like hell we'd let the Russians take back Alaska. If I was PM I'd never let the Russians get a foothold on our continent.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:40 am

Alaska will not revert to Russia. No way, no how. Moscow will be a warm and toasty 10,000,000C before we let the Russians take Alaska.

As far as the US breaking up goes...it's possible but not likely. If Obama doesn't go batshit crazy leftist then things will be fine. Ironically, the crappy economy helps to blunt Obama in some ways.

But if there is a breakup the political lines have the south and mid-west as one nation, the northeast as another, and the west coast as yet another with Hawai'i going independent and Alaska maybe going independent but more likely staying with the west coast states or joining Canada. All of which could happen peacefully.

But if Russia wants to put their flag on Alaskan soil the game will be on. PDT_Armataz_01_35

Edit: A Russian play for Alaska would be the one thing to keep the 50 states united so they could fight a common foe. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:06 am

Yeah, this guy may have some views that are possible, but it's all highly unlikely. I still don't believe America will split up in that way, and be influenced by all the different countries mentioned.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:10 am

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
Yeah, this guy may have some views that are possible, but it's all highly unlikely. I still don't believe America will split up in that way, and be influenced by all the different countries mentioned.

Really. Like Texas would suborn itself to Mexico? ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 am

Just wishful think from another anti-US Russian. There are one or two around.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

More like Texas would invade Mexico.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:32 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Just wishful think from another anti-US Russian. There are one or two around.

But, of course, this tripe will be bandied about as serious in some circles and we'll no doubt have some jerkwit quote it here when the Guardian reprints the story. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:33 am

Pseudonym Pseudonym:
More like Texas would invade Mexico.

Hello! Texas National Guard vs. Mexican armed forces wouldn't be a fair fight in the least. It'd be a first class curbstomp.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:18 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Texas ever breaks away first thing we do is invade Mexico and take over. Don't know about now but back in the late 80's if Texas did break away and kept all the armed forces that were within the State we would have had the 7th largest Military in the world. Thats not counting the nukes.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:24 pm

stratos stratos:
Texas ever breaks away first thing we do is invade Mexico and take over. Don't know about now but back in the late 80's if Texas did break away and kept all the armed forces that were within the State we would have had the 7th largest Military in the world. Thats not counting the nukes.

I forget where I read it, but Texas National Guard right now has more MBTs than the regular Army does. :idea:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm

This guy lost all his creditability with that map, Texas would never go to Mexico. How exactly would China as well have influence in the United States? Unless some people are easily impressed by dictatorships and a flash of cash.

The only countries I see any US continents moving to is either Canada, or EU. However I think it is far more likely that the U.S. won't end.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:25 pm

I read the article on the Wall Street Journal. What a load of complete crap. They must have better weed in Russia.