canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I am absolutely sorry for the passing of the officer but kindly forgive me if I'm not immediately ready to pillory the truck driver.

In California we've had too many cops die because they were too busy looking at their computer screen to notice they were blowing through a red light. If the officer's car had a dashcam and it isn't made public then I'd be suspect that she blew the red light.

The accusations against the truck driver might just be well-meaning people getting on the proverbial bandwagon to bash on the truck driver.

So, yeah, I'll wait for the investigation and any prosecution to conclude before I pass judgment on the truck driver.

$1:
An eyewitness told CHEK News said he saw a truck speeding past his home on Peatt Road moments before he heard the crash.

Jordan Coon said it appeared to him that Beckett may have been attempting to cut off the speeding truck before it hit her vehicle.

"At the speed he was going there was no way he was going to stop and he hit her directly on the door," he said.
Not sure how your theory squares with the witness account.

And as I said, a yahoo.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 am

Like I said, the witness can be lying because the lie is both getting him TV time and because it makes him popular for 'supporting the police'.

On topic and quite timely:

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016 ... itary-vet/

$1:
The Florida Trooper busted watching YouTube videos of cars racing while driving, was exposed on Facebook by a Lee County resident and military veteran, who gave a priceless interview to his local news outlet, which you can see below.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 am

Yadda yadda yadda. You sure love to spin the shit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am

andyt andyt:
Yadda yadda yadda. You sure love to spin the shit.

I guess these ~245,000 reports are bullshit, then.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=po ... ve+driving

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:30 am

I have no idea. They have nothing to do with this case tho.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:36 am

andyt andyt:
I have no idea. They have nothing to do with this case tho.

That's not known yet and that's my point.

Geez, Andy, I'd give you the same benefit of the doubt if you were the driver of the pickup.

Would you have it any other way?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 am

"Jordan Coon said it appeared to him that Beckett may have been attempting to cut off the speeding truck before it hit her vehicle."

Does not sound like she was trying to pull him over. But to do the dick move of cutting someone off. If her overheads were not on she was not conducting a police stop.

He will probably be hung for speeding (2 witnesses say he was speeding from their point of view). I'm beating the police will only say that his speeding was the cause of the accident NOT the fact that she cut him off.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:45 am

Donations for the officer can be made HERE:

https://www.gofundme.com/6dx5hybw

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 am

stratos stratos:
"Jordan Coon said it appeared to him that Beckett may have been attempting to cut off the speeding truck before it hit her vehicle."

Does not sound like she was trying to pull him over. But to do the dick move of cutting someone off. If her overheads were not on she was not conducting a police stop.

He will probably be hung for speeding (2 witnesses say he was speeding from their point of view). I'm beating the police will only say that his speeding was the cause of the accident NOT the fact that she cut him off.

Looking at the damage to the cruiser and the position of the truck it would appear that the truck hit the cruiser broadside, as if the cruiser was turning left in front of the truck.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:02 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I am absolutely sorry for the passing of the officer but kindly forgive me if I'm not immediately ready to pillory the truck driver.

In California we've had too many cops die because they were too busy looking at their computer screen to notice they were blowing through a red light. If the officer's car had a dashcam and it isn't made public then I'd be suspect that she blew the red light.

The accusations against the truck driver might just be well-meaning people getting on the proverbial bandwagon to bash on the truck driver.

So, yeah, I'll wait for the investigation and any prosecution to conclude before I pass judgment on the truck driver.

And here I thought I would never agree with you again. Go figure! One of the main ( ahh, there it is again...another meaningless measure) mistakes on CKA is finding someone or something guilty before a Court does. This guy, Yahoo or not, is not even charged yet.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:31 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:
Just back from mat leave. Very sad for her husband and kids.

Pickup truck yahoo.

andy and his stereotyping. :roll:

He must already be guilty because he drives a pickup, which that act makes him an automatic yahoo, cross-burning redneck. :roll:

RIP Constable Beckett

It was driving him crazy not to say the driver was from Alberta.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:34 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
stratos stratos:

Looking at the damage to the cruiser and the position of the truck it would appear that the truck hit the cruiser broadside, as if the cruiser was turning left in front of the truck.

Or trying to get into position to throw a spike belt because a chase was coming her way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:59 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
stratos stratos:

Or trying to get into position to throw a spike belt because a chase was coming her way.

No mention at all of any chase or any actual police activity. Just that it appeared she was trying to cut him off and it appeared he was speeding, both from eye witness accounts.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

stratos stratos:
No mention at all of any chase or any actual police activity. Just that it appeared she was trying to cut him off and it appeared he was speeding, both from eye witness accounts.

She could have just innocently pulled out of the driveway of the corner retail center at the intersection and got plowed. People are interpreting that as the officer 'cutting him off' but had she actually done that and lived she'd have been reprimanded for needlessly endangering herself.

Just wait on the investigation for now is about all I can say.

That and I'd encourage donations to help out her family. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:57 am

They are speculating on the CHEK 6 coverage that because two other RCMP cruisers were right there, that they were in fact pursuing the truck, and she was trying to act as the cut off vehicle. We won't know for sure until the investigation is complete.