canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:46 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=26917" target="_blank">Saskatchewan Party wins majority government</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/1-political" target="_blank">Political</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=RUEZ" target="_blank">RUEZ</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-11-07 20:38:53
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:46 am

Well, this should be interesting...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 pm

I think it's very good news.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Indeed, this is very good news. My family back home were predicting this, glad I didn't bet against them. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:00 am

Wonder if they'll pardon all the old croo.....I mean Conservatives that were jailed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:06 am

That makes three times Saskatchewan has changed governments in the same time Alberta has changed governments zero times. Good for Saskatchewan!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:17 am

Don't care. Both parties have said they will not fix highway 32.

Assholes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:21 am

Shepards dog, I assume you are referring to Serge Leclerc... he was pardoned about 10 years ago... so no they don't have to worry about that

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Pretty sure Shep is talking about Grant Devine's band of thieves.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:36 pm

from whats i've seen of the ndp and lorne calvert in recent months i'm glad he is no longer in power , his fighting with ottawa and attack ads were all rather pathetic and clearly didn't appeal to saskatchewan voters .

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:05 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Wonder if they'll pardon all the old croo.....I mean Conservatives that were jailed.

Would you rather a politician rob you of your present? The way Grant Devine did or would you rather they rob you of your future? The way Lorne Calvert and others would do? It's fine to maintain the status quo, but if you haven't lived in Saskatchewan (maybe you have? I don't know?) then you wouldn't realize that as soon as any kid hits high school, he doesn't think about his future in Saskatchewan. He starts to plan a way out of the province, and not out of hate or disdain for it but for very practical reasons.

He sees the province going to special interests who don't by and large put back a whole lot into the provincial coffers to make it grow by way of creating businesses or other opportunities, or by even paying taxes. But he does see a whole group of people ready with their hands out to take whatever the government will give them. And they won't put anything back.

Then, this kid is made to feel guilty for thinking, "wow, there is no growth here, I have to leave." And thus, you have the sad Saskatchewan tradition of more people LEAVING the province than coming. The province hangs perpetually at the 1 million mark, and has done so for a long, long, long time. No massive growth happens there, when businesses try to get off the ground they are repaid by the government with tons of taxes.

For too long, the best and the brightest and the hardest-working folks in Saskatchewan have had to make some very tough choices. Leave the province they love and grew up in for a better future (that we all deserve) or, stay and achieve at best a mediocre future. Not a bad one, but remembering that they are the few who do so makes one who left glad to see the winds of change. ANY change sweep over Saskatchewan.

Maybe, not necessarily, but just maybe this will be the RIGHT kind of change, so don't begrudge us our fifteen minutes of elation... :wink: