Title: Saskatoon church cancels memorial over T-shirt
Category: Religion
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-09-27 00:24:35
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:29 am

OFcourse it was wrong, but I don't blame the volunteer. We sure love to glorify the bikers and the mafia.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:49 am

I'm surprised that it was a Catholic church ... the official church of the Cosa Nostra.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:26 am

Sons of Anarchy was a pretty good show. I got bored waiting for it to start up again one year though so I just stopped watching.

It must still be on if they're making T shirts. Anybody still watching? I stopped watching after the year the Sons went to Ireland.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:28 am

Yeah this is the last season, I have 2 seasons to catch up on.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:30 am

I wonder if the person who made the decision knew it was a TV show ? I guess the Catholic church was worried about the shame that would come to it if anyone found out it's members watch TV.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am

No problem buggering choir boys, though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:39 am

Stereotypes suck

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:42 am

A close childhood friend of mine was assaulted in just such a manner when he was a 7 year old altar boy. It isn't a stereotype, it is a mass crime that has been committed maybe millions of times over the history of the Church.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:45 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
A close childhood friend of mine was assaulted in just such a manner when he was a 7 year old altar boy. It isn't a stereotype, it is a mass crime that has been committed maybe millions of times over the history of the Church.

Absolutely!

but stereo types still suck

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:50 am

I was born and raised Catholic and I have to say, even if this guy was the worst of the worst bikers in history, it is against the tenants of the faith not to allow him proper burial rites.

Catholic sect holds funeral rites for Nazi war criminal

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/1 ... ch-burial/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:55 am

They've been doing it for all manner of murders, thugs and Fascists all through history.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Exactly, the respect for the body, as a creation of God, is affiliated with a respect for God himself after death.

Tob 1, 16-18
$1:
During Shalmaneser's reign I performed many charitable works for my kinsmen and my people. [17] I would give my bread to the hungry and my clothing to the naked. If I saw one of my people who had died and been thrown outside the walls of Nineveh, I would bury him. [18] I also buried anyone whom Sennacherib slew when he returned as a fugitive from Judea during the days of judgment decreed against him by the heavenly King because of the blasphemies he had uttered. In his rage he killed many Israelites, but I used to take their bodies by stealth and bury them; so when Sennacherib looked for them, he could not find them.

$1:
The bodies of the dead must be treated with respect and charity, in faith and hope of the Resurrection. The burial of the dead is a corporal work of mercy (Cf. Tob 1:16-18); it honors the children of God, who are temples of the Holy Spirit.

The body is beieved to be the vessel of the soul. Once the guy is dead, the body is not guilty of anything.

The people at this church are hacks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:14 pm

So, will the Church bury an unbaptized body? How about one from outside the Roman church? a non-Christian, perhaps? ... or born out of wedlock (see Irish nuns burying babies in a septic tank: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/worl ... 110268.ece ).

The Church judges way more than the original creed of their faith would allow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm

If anybody takes the time to read the story, you'll see that the church only refused to rent the hall, since the family did not request the presence of a priest. :lol: