Posted By: CanadianLynx
Date: 2009-07-24 05:09:24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:47 am

best looking ninja ever!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 am

hooooo-weee that burqa really gives you wood!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:32 am

Nice eyes.

Too bad no one gives a shit about freeing the women of Saudi Arabia.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:20 am

Silent and docile Barbie dolls in bags for religious bullies.
Might as well be sheep.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:25 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Silent and docile Barbie dolls in bags for religious bullies.
Might as well be sheep.

Bingo.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 am

Nice to see the superficial western views are still nice and fresh.

It's not always about looks.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:00 am

Praxius Praxius:

ummmm.... Prax, it's a beauty contest, not a nice person contest or who looks best in the cloth bag conteset or a who is the most docile slave girl contest. Honestly why they even bothered is beyond me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 am

Like the superficial western view that woman are citizens with rights and opinions on their own and not simply posessions of the closest male family member?

.. oh, that's right.. because their so "respected"..just not as equals.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:58 am

Choban Choban:
ummmm.... Prax, it's a beauty contest, not a nice person contest or who looks best in the cloth bag conteset or a who is the most docile slave girl contest. Honestly why they even bothered is beyond me.

Actually if you read the report you would have noticed this:

$1:
With her face and body completely covered by the black head-to-toe abaya mandatory in the conservative Muslim kingdom, 18-year-old Mullah was named "Queen of Beautiful Morals" late on Thursday, newspapers said.

There was none of the swimsuit and evening gown competitions and heavy media coverage of beauty pageants elsewhere when the contest was decided in the eastern city of Safwa.

Instead, the winner and the two runner-up princesses had to undergo a three-month test of their dutifulness to their parents and family, and their service to society.

This included a battery of personal, cultural, social and psychological tests, Al-Watan reported.

...... Beauty contests focused on physical beauty are non-existent in segregated Saudi Arabia, where women can not mix with unrelated men, and must appear in public completely covered -- even in photographs.

Miss Moral Beauty pageant organiser Khadra al-Mubarak kept the focus on inner beauty, as defined by Islamic standards of Saudi Arabia.

It had nothing to do with physical appearance, thus, not a beauty contest in the same sense as some here assumed it was.

Last edited by Praxius on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 am

Praxius Praxius:

Our gripe has nothing to do with the beauty aspect of it. Its the oppresive burka.

Burka, KKK hood, Swastika all the same to me.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am

Praxius Praxius:
Choban Choban:

Actually if you read the report you would have noticed this:

$1:
With her face and body completely covered by the black head-to-toe abaya mandatory in the conservative Muslim kingdom, 18-year-old Mullah was named "Queen of Beautiful Morals" late on Thursday, newspapers said.

There was none of the swimsuit and evening gown competitions and heavy media coverage of beauty pageants elsewhere when the contest was decided in the eastern city of Safwa.

Instead, the winner and the two runner-up princesses had to undergo a three-month test of their dutifulness to their parents and family, and their service to society.

This included a battery of personal, cultural, social and psychological tests, Al-Watan reported.

...... Beauty contests focused on physical beauty are non-existent in segregated Saudi Arabia, where women can not mix with unrelated men, and must appear in public completely covered -- even in photographs.

Miss Moral Beauty pageant organiser Khadra al-Mubarak kept the focus on inner beauty, as defined by Islamic standards of Saudi Arabia.

It had nothing to do with physical appearance, thus, not a beauty contest in the same sense as some here assumed it was.

Reprimanded :oops: , I didn't read the article, however I now say it isn't a beauty contest at all, just a judging of the most upstanding slave girl.
Perhaps CanadianLynx should have titled the thread a little better and perhaps I should have read the article.

Last edited by Choban on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am

Bodah Bodah:
Praxius Praxius:

Our gripe has nothing to do with the beauty aspect of it. Its the oppresive burka.

The Burqa isn't anymore different then this:

Which is totally accepted and the only difference is you just see the face, while the other you just see the eyes.

Ah yes, and then the response is "Well they choose to be a nun"

I grew up Roman Catholic, I know pretty much all I need to know about the whole she'bang, not to toot my own horn.

I only say that so that I can also inform you that a Roman Catholic Nun is usually born into a roman catholic family, just as the muslim woman.

Now you and I both know the brain washing crap starts usually before you can even remeber anything... sometimes before you're even born.

The Nun grows up, gets all into Jesus and God, starts helping out in the church a lot because the parents say it's good and the right thing to do, and they believe it. The Muslim woman is explained the same things and accepts their family's beliefs because like the future nun, she believes her religion to be true.

And males do too don't forget.

Anyways, the future nun gets to the proper age and jumps into being a Nun and devouts the rest of her life, body, soul to God/Jesus...... Virgin for the rest of their lives..... never marry a man or have a family.

At least that's the proper thing to do.

The Muslim woman gets to have a husband, a family, a job, a life and still worship her religion in very much the same way, although slightly different.... they wear their burqa less often then a Nun, who has to wear that outfit almost all the time, almost everywhere she goes.

She doesn't have to wear it at home and most muslims in countries like Canada, UK, Australia and other western nations, they have the choice to wear the burqa or not..... indeed.... a Choice.

And believe it or not, some actually choose to wear it.

People keep talking about how it's all about oppression, and yet they have more freedoms in their lives then say a nun or a priest.

Speaking of "Oppressive" clothing:

^ How about the Amish?

^ How about Mennonites?

Shall we start branding all of Christianity based on those examples?

It seems to me people find it simply easier to attack/generalize against what they don't know, rather then actually understand it. They seem to have no issue lumping all of Islam, extremist and moderate, into one group, which is dangerous and out to kill us all or convert us.

So are Christians, what's the diff?

If all Muslims actually wanted to take everybody else, convert them or kill them and they were actually such a horrible danger, chances are they would have made their move by now and started WWIII.

There certainly plenty of Muslims around the world to start up a big war... yet they don't and the only risks are the lunatic extremists who can only gain attention by blowing themselves up.

People have to seriously drop the fearmongering and actually look at the overall situation for what it really is.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 am

Praxius Praxius:
Bodah Bodah:
Praxius Praxius:

The Burqa isn't anymore different then this:

Which is totally accepted and the only difference is you just see the face, while the other you just see the eyes.

Ah yes, and then the response is "Well they choose to be a nun"

I grew up Roman Catholic, I know pretty much all I need to know about the whole she'bang, not to toot my own horn.

I only say that so that I can also inform you that a Roman Catholic Nun is usually born into a roman catholic family, just as the muslim woman.

Now you and I both know the brain washing crap starts usually before you can even remeber anything... sometimes before you're even born.

The Nun grows up, gets all into Jesus and God, starts helping out in the church a lot because the parents say it's good and the right thing to do, and they believe it. The Muslim woman is explained the same things and accepts their family's beliefs because like the future nun, she believes her religion to be true.

And males do too don't forget.

Anyways, the future nun gets to the proper age and jumps into being a Nun and devouts the rest of her life, body, soul to God/Jesus...... Virgin for the rest of their lives..... never marry a man or have a family.

At least that's the proper thing to do.

The Muslim woman gets to have a husband, a family, a job, a life and still worship her religion in very much the same way, although slightly different.... they wear their burqa less often then a Nun, who has to wear that outfit almost all the time, almost everywhere she goes.

She doesn't have to wear it at home and most muslims in countries like Canada, UK, Australia and other western nations, they have the choice to wear the burqa or not..... indeed.... a Choice.

And believe it or not, some actually choose to wear it.

People keep talking about how it's all about oppression, and yet they have more freedoms in their lives then say a nun or a priest.

Speaking of "Oppressive" clothing:

^ How about the Amish?

^ How about Mennonites?

Shall we start branding all of Christianity based on those examples?

It seems to me people find it simply easier to attack/generalize against what they don't know, rather then actually understand it. They seem to have no issue lumping all of Islam, extremist and moderate, into one group, which is dangerous and out to kill us all or convert us.

So are Christians, what's the diff?

If all Muslims actually wanted to take everybody else, convert them or kill them and they were actually such a horrible danger, chances are they would have made their move by now and started WWIII.

There certainly plenty of Muslims around the world to start up a big war... yet they don't and the only risks are the lunatic extremists who can only gain attention by blowing themselves up.

People have to seriously drop the fearmongering and actually look at the overall situation for what it really is.

The difference is that in Saudi Araibia it's law, but to alot of other muslims it's a choice, if they want to discuss standards then they should all be held to the same standards, also your nun argument doesn't fly either as it's not expected of EVERY catholic woman, just those that enter the semenary and become nuns.
I will agree with you that if it actually comes down to choice rather than doctrine then it's aok for me and anyone who wants to were one, just don't flout it and hide behind it as a religious "requirement" when it's not the standard for the whole.

Last edited by Choban on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:33 am

Arn't the Roman Catholic, Amish and Mennonites also part of the same superficial western views you were railing against?