CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am

sandorski sandorski:
Fail. You'd think he declared GW/GCC an error. He did not. This is what happens when you take a shill at his word and not a group of Experts. They misrepresent an Issue/statement and you eat it up.

Was he a shill when he was on the IPCC?

Latif is one of the leading climate modellers in the world. He is the recipient of several international climate-study prizes and a lead author for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). He has contributed significantly to the IPCC's last two five-year reports that have stated unequivocally that man-made greenhouse emissions are causing the planet to warm dangerously.

Do you just post without reading the articles?

Everything you post about AGW is just one big cop out = FAIL

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:41 am

leewgrant leewgrant:
Maybe it is going to be a short term cooling phase but that alone would suggest that the catastrophe predicted by the Rev Al Gore is not yet nigh - and secondly that we don't have to destroy the world's economies - at least not yet - to reverse a warming that is on hold.

If we entered a new ice age and continental ice sheets started forming up I have no doubt, not one, that the AGW religionists would say it was just a short term cooling phase and that we still have to do something RIGHT NOW!!! to prevent a global warming catastrophe.

As it is, I truly believe that AGW agitators are disappointed that their apocalyptic visions haven't come true. You think they'd be relieved that the world has been cooler than 1998 in every year since 1998 but they aren't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:46 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
leewgrant leewgrant:
Maybe it is going to be a short term cooling phase but that alone would suggest that the catastrophe predicted by the Rev Al Gore is not yet nigh - and secondly that we don't have to destroy the world's economies - at least not yet - to reverse a warming that is on hold.

If we entered a new ice age and continental ice sheets started forming up I have no doubt, not one, that the AGW religionists would say it was just a short term cooling phase and that we still have to do something RIGHT NOW!!! to prevent a global warming catastrophe.

As it is, I truly believe that AGW agitators are disappointed that their apocalyptic visions haven't come true. You think they'd be relieved that the world has been cooler than 1998 in every year since 1998 but they aren't.

Dang it there goes my investment in the 100000 sun block company. :(

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

My theory is that too many people have been hugging too many trees, and all that friction has caused...you guessed it, global warming! Keep up the good work you fear scientists, and of course the fools that buy into it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:50 pm

That Lorne Gunter is hilarious. He starts off lauding praise on Laitif, going on and on about how smart he is and how respected he is in the scientific community. Comparisons to the Pope no less!

And then, when Latif says that warming will resume in 2020 or 2030, Gunter instead injects his own--completely unscientific and unvalidated scientific--opinion that it will not.

Translation: This guy is a great scientist as long as he agrees with my preconceived beliefs. As soon as he doesn't, he's just another junk scientist hack. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:59 pm

gigs gigs:
Was he a shill when he was on the IPCC?

Latif is one of the leading climate modellers in the world. He is the recipient of several international climate-study prizes and a lead author for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). He has contributed significantly to the IPCC's last two five-year reports that have stated unequivocally that man-made greenhouse emissions are causing the planet to warm dangerously.

Do you just post without reading the articles?

Everything you post about AGW is just one big cop out = FAIL

Actually, Sandorski meant that Gunter was the shill. Note that Laitif said:

$1:
Latif says he expects warming to resume in 2020 or 2030.

Next time, try to read the article before posting so you don't look as stupid as that dude in your avatar.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:10 pm

The earth's temperatures have been largely static over the past decade is being denied by most in the global warming industry.

A static situation that was predicted by virtually nobody. As I've always said, the variables contributing to earth's climate and indeed CO2's contribution are NOT sufficiently well understood to accurately model yet. Something Latif at least acknowledges.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:18 pm

This is definately not good news for the econuts, who want us to live in caves, subsist on nuts and berries and breed with the forest creatures. 8O

Despite the bad news for these people this non event isn't gonna change one thing. Our governments have discovered that they, even more than the Al Gore types, can make a shitload of money off of us in environmental taxes and levies.

So despite the imminent end of the world not comming tomorrow as predicted, we're still gonna be paying for the aforementioned false apocalyptic forecast for eternity. :evil:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:27 pm

I thought the explanation for the northern seas and oceans cooling was due to the dilution of ambient sea salt from fresh water glaciers.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Why are we still talking about Global Warming? It's so 2007.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Apollo Apollo:

Because we'll be paying for it for years to come. Aren't we still paying for "The Energy Crisis" hoax of the seventies?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:47 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:
Apollo Apollo:

Because we'll be paying for it for years to come. Aren't we still paying for "The Energy Crisis" hoax of the seventies?

Don't forget the ozone layer depleting and all those planes that were supposed to fall out of the sky at the stroke of midnight. Those world enders sure did pan out, didn't they?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:50 pm

.. and how's that peak oil working for you these days.. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Apollo Apollo:

and all those planes that were supposed to fall out of the sky at the stroke of midnight. Those world enders sure did pan out, didn't they?

That was a fun night.

I was at a 1999 New Years eve dance, so I sneaked into the basement and threw the main electrical breaker at the stroke of midnight. :mrgreen:

AGW is not happening...but... lets temper that fact with "cooling is just a short term thingy". Talk about hedging their bets.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:20 pm

I like this quote from Christopher Moncton...

" The day before yesterday they called it “global warming”. Yesterday they called it “climate change”. Today they call it “energy security”. Tomorrow they will call it what it is – absolute rubbish."

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/repri ... iracy.html