Date: 2009-08-20 09:49:13
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:06 pm

I hate using Bell. The bill for the 40 dollar per month plan comes out to around 85 per month, and I'm not even downloading shit. Play WOW a couple hours a week. It's not like shaw back home in BC, where my connection was limited by the wireless router to 100mbps, or the un-throttled direct connection if I plugged my computer directly into the shaw box, for only 20 bucks a month.

Fuck Bell

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Fuck Bell

I second that! Bell should be dismembered like Nortel and sold to the highest bidder.

And screw the CRTC too, as useless as tits on a bull.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Gee, I wonder if Bell also mentioned how they misrepresent their products and outright LIE about their services to the CRTC as well.

I remember when I had Bell internet. It was a real issue for me because I needed a static IP. When I called them about it, they told me that static IP's were generally for business usage but if I wanted one, I could pay extra.
I then asked about my modem and how come I couldn't run wirelessly off of it.
Bell told me because it wasn't a modem/router. You should have heard the bullshit excuses I got when I told them I was looking at the manufacturers website, looking right at the modem and told them the manufacturer says it's a modem/router.
"It must be an error on the website", "are you sure you're looking at the right model", etc etc. They still denied the router could be activated within that modem. And then told me not to try it myself or I'd be charged LOL. How could I try and access the router if it didn't have one???
And regardless of any of that crap, Roger's automatically comes with a static IP, so right from the get go, Bell totally misrepresented their service.

And now this shit, shortly after the CRTC caught them fucking cell phone users with rates that were no longer supposed to be charged. Yeah, let's protect BELL so they can continue to fuck the customer with government support. The hell with fair competition, apparently, it's un-Canadian
:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 pm

I might hate Bell, but scrapping the CRTC won't solve the problem.

The problem will be solved by allowing other companies to serve Bell's unhappy customers.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Like shaw. :rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Like shaw. :rock:

Not as bad as Bell, but I'm no fan of them either.

DMTS here I come, its rocks to have a couple regional telecommunications providers.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:28 pm

What went wrong with you and shaw? I found them to be an outstanding service provider.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:54 pm

What went wrong with you and shaw? I found them to be an outstanding service provider.

Poke around Norcomcable.ca. For what I pay I should be getting 7.5 mbps.

I get 1.5... at best.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Where you at?

I was in Fanny Bay, BC, and my connection was limited only by the speed which the wireless router fed the computer, I often had that maxed out when downloading movies, music, etc. I recieved a coupel phonecalls about "spikes" in activity at 2am, but they never charged me extra for the service. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Where you at?

I was in Fanny Bay, BC, and my connection was limited only by the speed which the wireless router fed the computer, I often had that maxed out when downloading movies, music, etc. I recieved a coupel phonecalls about "spikes" in activity at 2am, but they never charged me extra for the service. :lol:

Northwestern Ontario, Red Lake area.

Shaw has shown little interest in upgrading ex-Norcom infrastructure, so up here we pay more and get less compared to your typical Shaw customer.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Ah gotcha. Yea, I'd be pissed.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:26 am

Maybe it is time to allow foreign competition into the sector?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:49 am

CommanderSock CommanderSock:
Maybe it is time to allow foreign competition into the sector?

Such as . . Verizon? They already own the maximum 20% allowed of Telus.

From what I read, the US broadband providers have built themselves regional monopolies and dat's the ways dey likes it. We already have regional monopolies here, we don' need bigger companies deciding what we can and can't view on the internet.

Eg:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... O920090816
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0 ... 36&tid=172

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/21/1255224

Yadda yadda yadda . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 am

I still find it..mmm... ironic? sad? pathetic? Not sure which one but shortly after the CRTC pinched BEll and other cell providers for illegal charges to customers, Bell actually has the balls to complain about having competition in the internet providing world??? And what scares me is the CRTC may very well listen.
And now, they're gearing up to rip off the consumer again because they will be one of the ones getting sued for um, ripping off the consumer.