canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 pm

The Board of Directors thanks this forum for it's input as it is now aware that if we confine 3 more patients next year we can continue with indefinite champagne and lobster lunches and increase stockholder returns another 4% as the general public is so dense all we need do is mention communism, e-mail servers, or any what aboutism and they will forget whatever disgusting action we commit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 pm

As far as this thread goes...

As far as those who think communism is an answer to anything, it'll never happen. Not in your lifetime or anyone else's. You failed as badly as your pet ideology did but, hey, at least...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:29 pm

meh. whether it happens or not, i see no reason to abandon my ethics

since when has the impossible been a reason not to discuss things; the leafs still play lol

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Not sure if your ethics are as pure as you want them to be. Not with your comments around here lately, like the apologetics you made for total failures of communism like Chernobyl. Seriously, give this nonsense up. We all have fantasies but in order to grow up for real you have to shed yourself of the dumber and demented ones. Your retail world will never be nationalized or unionized and subject to government wage controls with regular regulated raises. No one wants that and no one will ever care about it, period, because those are the sort of jobs that no one is supposed to stay in for their entire working life.

Have you even bothered to look into schooling to get a real career started, like a bunch of us here over the years have told you that you absolutely have to do? You're still young but you're wasting too much time in the dead end you're stuck in. You might only be 27 today but becoming 40 then 50 happens to you in a blink of an eye. If you're still doing that kind of work at those ages then you really will have no one else to blame but yourself. These aren't insults either, just warnings that you're running out of time to get it together before it's too late.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:49 am

pure this pure that, sigh

only communists are expected to be flawless and unblemished

"those are the jobs no one is supposed to stay in..."

that's great, cause a third (and growing!) of the folks with jobs in this country are in this line of work, so that's very cool to say, on paper, that folks shouldn't be there. i agree? but we are here.

but perhaps, friend, you should dust up your resume, for when these fucking ghouls do more than just bust your oil job, and just tank the whole damn market yet again, prepare your clunched pearls for when you gotta hand in a resume at a fucking shoppers.

i love the double-edged sword people get to dance on. all my life told that any semblance of debt or taking welfare is a judge of my character, makes one a shiftless unwashed dumbass failing the test of life and becoming yet another perfectly disposable loser

yet also in almost the same breath, told to sacrifice everything and go into decades of debt just to take a swing at a job that probably won't exist nearly as long as the fucking dollarama would anyway

silly silly shit

"just play the fucking game!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:02 am

You could do a decent two-year program for about $5000. Or even just a six-month for around $2000. All paid for by the government with student loans, set on an easy schedule that won't bankrupt you. The Canadian system, especially in a far-leftist la-la-land like BC where you reside now won't even come close to breaking your balls. You absolutely cannot be compared to the poor slobs in the US who end up owing $100K in loans after six years at uni in order to get a bachelors and then a masters. Your saying the same thing would happen to you is an absolute falsehood.

Pretty sure I'm wasting my time here. With what you've displayed here recently all you would take at school would be something utterly dimwitted like "activist studies" and end up back in retail when you find out the hard way that you're still unemployable with a certificate that utterly useless in the real world. And then you'd be like Ray on Trailer Park Boys and take 25 years to pay off a $5000 loan, just like Ray did with his trailer.

You're not going to even bother trying. That puts it all on you. Not the banks, as scummy as they are. Not the corporations or even the government, who both generally want their employees and workers to actually know something functional and useful. You'll be where you are for no more reason than the completely baffling delusion you've chosen to embrace, a choice that is going to wreck your life. And, generally speaking, most people find being shouted at by the local bush-league commissar as distasteful and annoying as being yelled at by an on-meds homeless guy who thinks that bugs are eating him. The only difference will be, despite the lunacy that he's trapped in the grip of, the homeless guy's pronouncements would be far more sensible and realistic than yours.

Truly sad to see the waste of such precious time and youth. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:23 am

i'm curious what jobs you believe folks have on tap for people taking a two year course, never mind a six month one lmao

"you should learn to code" all over again

pumped at the exciting prospect of barely working for two years, losing $10k or so to a course and the books, and getting qualifications for some place that offers at $17 an hour instead of $14

meanwhile in the real world i'm the only household income because my mother's back got fucked from helping invalids, and my stepfather now recovering from a series of heart attacks, both out of work for an indefinite amount of time

the will of the system would have me walk out the door, ditch my dead-weight family, and instead throw away those pennies for a piece of fucking paper that could never be nearly as valuable in this system as simply who you know

then i wake up a year and a half from now, to hear that my mother's been fed on by bedbugs in a predatory home, and it's my fault for not caring for my family

swords, swords everywhere

anyway, this lecture is always fun every time it's hashed out, for y'all to flaunt how easy it is for you to drop five digits on this or that whimsical thing

i don't even fucking drive because $2k+ a year for "insurance" is just not an option. of all the things that hold me back, it's that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:16 am

Public_Domain wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Public_Domain wrote:
And I really, really need y'all to drop this ridiculous idea that simply abstaining from taking a side is a choice anyone can make. A side is taken regardless. the elephant and the mouse. The ignorant can be forgiven, but those who are politically conscious should know better than to delude themselves with the self-stroking belief that they're superior to all these political tryhards having a struggle session over the shit we live in.

Isn't this basically what we were telling you when you decided voting was for chumps?
:idea:

let's say you want child trafficking to end... would you vote for one of five pedophiles just because those were your only options?

And my position was if you don't like your choices, put your name in the hat to be an alternative. A bunch of rednecks from Alberta got together and started their own political party, despite their very long odds of success. The bar is set very low for entry. But you have to put in the effort.

If you come off as serious, and a genuine option, you might be surprised how well you do. And the worst that can happen is you force the others to step up their game.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 am

Public_Domain wrote:
i'm curious what jobs you believe folks have on tap for people taking a two year course, never mind a six month one lmao

I sit right now on 1 of 4 floors full of people who code all day long. We make good money. We get a couple grand a year in bonuses. We get a few hundred in stock options,a really good health plan and retirement plan.

And most of them only have 2 years tech school coding courses.

Or you could be a Licensed Practical Nurse. Heavy Equipment operator. Learn to be a Chef. Environmental Protection Officer . . .

Literally half the people out in the work force making more than $60k a year started with a 2 year diploma course.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:18 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Public_Domain wrote:

I sit right now on 1 of 4 floors full of people who code all day long. We make good money. We get a couple grand a year in bonuses. We get a few hundred in stock options,a really good health plan and retirement plan.

And most of them only have 2 years tech school coding courses.

Or you could be a Licensed Practical Nurse. Heavy Equipment operator. Learn to be a Chef. Environmental Protection Officer . . .

Literally half the people out in the work force making more than $60k a year started with a 2 year diploma course.

Can confirm. 2 Year program, just hired full time at a 9 billion dollar company to do consulting. Make more than 60k a year.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 am

Public_Domain wrote:

i don't even fucking drive because $2k+ a year for "insurance" is just not an option. of all the things that hold me back, it's that.

What is holding you back is you have given up without trying. I have seen excuses for why you cannot get ahead, but not concrete action to change your life.

Sole source of income in your family. Fine. Take a second job. Make a decision on what you want. Forget political change and decide what you want your life to be like 3 years from now and 10 years from now. Now think of what 3 things you can do this week that will get you ONE step closer to your goal. GET THEM DONE. Next week what 3 things can you do that will get you one step closer. After 3 months look back and see how far you have come. Keep repeating.

Not starting this simple proces means you are content with your situation because you are unwilling to change what has not worked.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:31 am

Caelon wrote:
Not starting this simple proces means you are content with your situation because you are unwilling to change what has not worked.

R=UP

If PD is happy with his life as it is, he will continue doing what he's doing.

Like we've written before; outside of your front door, no one gives two shits about you and will do nothing to help you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:40 am

That's not true. I care about all of you, and I'd try to help all of you. Except Tricks. He's my mortal enemy and is weird. Fuck that guy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:13 pm

llama66 wrote:
That's not true. I care about all of you, and I'd try to help all of you. Except Tricks. He's my mortal enemy and is weird. Fuck that guy.

Remember this is coming from the guy who wanted to have me offed when I was in Vegas. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:21 pm

We didn't want you offed. We wanted the $500 to sell you to a shrimp slave boat.