canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Title: Shocking video captures reporter Iris Delgado being assaulted LIVE ON AIR
Category: Strange
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2016-06-11 10:57:24

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:14 pm

$1:
Delgado, 27, was reporting from city hall at approximately 11 p.m. when a woman allegedly punched her three times and pulled her to the ground, a Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson confirmed to PEOPLE. A 37-year-old woman was arrested and charged with simple assault and reckless endangerment of another person, according to police.

After the alleged attack, Delgado's news crew followed the woman for several blocks until police arrived and arrested her, the police spokesperson said. During the broadcast, the woman was seen saying "excuse me" to Delgado before striking her.

"Iris Delgado was the victim of an unprovoked attack by an individual while reporting live for Telemundo62's 11 p.m. local newscast," A Telemundo62 station spokesperson tells PEOPLE in a statement. "Thankfully, she is ok and is understandably taking some time off to recover. We look forward to her return."

In a memo to staff, Anzio Williams, Vice President of News for WCAU and WWSI, gave an update on Delgado's status.

"I spoke with Iris Delgado, who was the target of the attack, and I am happy to report that she is in good spirits and that her physical injuries are minimal," Williams wrote. "She thanks you all for your support and well wishes.

http://www.people.com/article/telemundo ... ked-on-air