canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 am

OMFG....another of Barts most *credible* sources. Where do you find this bullshit Bart, Idiots are us?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 am

martin14 martin14:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2804280/Pictured-final-moments-Canadian-reservist-soldier-father-Nathan-Cirillo-24-photographed-SECONDS-shot-dead-Michael-Zehaf-Bibeau.html

$1:
Their noses peeking out from under the fence, Nathan Cirillo's dogs wait patiently for their dad - unaware that he will never be coming home.

A day after the 24-year-old Canadian reservist and single dad was gunned down in Ottawa on Wednesday, his forlorn dogs could be seen peering out from his family's home in Hamilton, Ontario.

Cirillo was devoted to his animals, posting image after image of him grinning beside them to his Instagram feed. Friends also recounted the story of him recently finding an abandoned, emaciated puppy that he nursed back to heath and then re-homed.

'Found him a pretty home, hope he has a good life,' Cirillo wrote just four weeks ago of the pup.

Cirillo, who was shot dead as he stood guard at the National War Memorial outside the Canadian Parliament on Wednesday, also leaves behind a six-year-old son.

He was bringing up the boy, Marcus, alone - with help from his mother, Kathy - after the boy's mother was no longer in the picture, friends have said.

Former girlfriend Randi Lotsberg said that Cirillo lit up whenever he spoke about his son.

'He stepped up. Definitely admirable,' she told The Star. 'I feel so bad right now for his kid. Now his son doesn't have a dad.'

He met the boy's mother, Kendra, at the Ancaster Fair in Jerseyville after he was kicked out for not paying to get in. Outside he met Kendra and a friend, who asked for a ride home,Metro News reported. They dated and went on to have Marcus.

Cirillo's mother Kathy, who is traveling to Ottawa, will now likely take care of Marcus, CBC reported. She took care of him when Cirillo was working or away on his military duties, Lotsberg said.

Nathan's uncle Jim Cirillo told reporters from a home in Hamilton that the soldier's mother is in total shock.

'She's saying she doesn't believe it,' he told CBC. 'She went on the internet and she saw it and she...I don't know how she didn't pass out. She's just completely broken, broken right now.'

Hamilton Mayor Bob Bratina said that he had visited a makeshift memorial to Cirillo outside his regiment's barracks before going to the family's home with Police Chief Glenn De Caire.

As he spoke to the slain soldier's relatives, little Marcus wandered out to greet everyone. He likely didn't understand what had just happened, the mayor said.
'At what point does a five-year-old actually understand that?' Bratina asked.

:( :( :(

poor kid.
poor dogs.

OMG! :cry: :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 am

andyt andyt:
It may be that last possibility that explains why police are so focused on tracking the weapon's history.

Bet the data from the Long Gun Registry would come in handy right now...let's hope the RCMP have a back-up copy on a thumb drive somewhere. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

andyt andyt:
the Islam thing likely made him do what he did. We have many crackheads, many mentally il. Few of them do this sort of thing.

We have many Muslims. Few of them do this sort of thing.
$1:
Trying to deny this has something to do with radical Islam is as bad as trying to paint all Muslims as supporting this sort of thing. There are crazy Islamists in our midst, and plenty more offshore who reach us via internet. What we need to do is find a better way to engage the non-crazies in Canada to confront and or report the crazies more.

Lets, for a change, wait until the FACTS come up. Because we simply do not know what made him do this.

'We' cannot stop bad things from happening. They happen, and then we act. That is the way our system works.
Lets stop assuming. Lets stop pretending we are 'all knowing'.
Your guess is as good as mine.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:06 am

QBC QBC:
OMFG....another of Barts most *credible* sources. Where do you find this bullshit Bart, Idiots are us?

Given that nineteen topics on CKA feature Mark Steyn I'd figure that you as a site moderator would have long been familiar with him. As to your drive-by attempt at a put down...well, that says more about you than it does about me.

search.php?terms=all&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search&keywords=Steyn

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Mark Steyn is a freaking genius, and we Canadians owe a debt of gratitude to him for helping to preserve what freedom of the press we have left (even if the media his critics are more likely to approve of don't use it anymore).

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:35 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
QBC QBC:

Given that nineteen topics on CKA feature Mark Steyn I'd figure that you as a site moderator would have long been familiar with him. As to your drive-by attempt at a put down...well, that says more about you than it does about me.

It says you spend your days obsessing with horseshit and he doesn't.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 pm

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
QBC QBC:

It says you spend your days obsessing with horseshit and he doesn't.

You know, it occurs to me that you might not really be upset with me. Instead you may well be having a bit of an existential dilemma as your dogmatic beliefs about islam are being confronted by a very painful reality.

It probably doesn't help that today I've been citing Canadian citizens as the sources for a number of my posts - not the least of which are two Islamic sites in which the two Islamic organizations betray a contemptuous attitude towards people like yourself (who are deluded into thinking you can make muslims act just like secular humanist progressives).

Reality, I am afraid, is right now busy stomping the living sh*t out of your delusions about islam.

And that's not my problem, Dorothy, it's yours.

Now wake up and get with the fact that you don't live in Oz any more.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:13 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Awww.. the yankihadist is getting pissy 'cause he can't convert me to antibrownism.

I know exactly where I live. Canada.
Keep your horseshit, extremist views in your own back yard where they belong.

Racist, extremist, brainwashed dick. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Awww.. the yankihadist is getting pissy 'cause he can't convert me to antibrownism.

I know exactly where I live. Canada.
Keep your horseshit, extremist views in your own back yard where they belong.

Racist, extremist, brainwashed dick. :lol:

Just chill out.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh goody! Another bullshit article from another crackpot "reporter" that can't get a real job, so he posts horseshit on his very own website!
We need more of THAT!

This is just about a textbook definition of an ad hominem logical fallacy.
andyt andyt:
"The source of that gun is of tremendous interest to us," said RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson on Thursday, "and we will determine where that gun came from."
Lies the police tell us.
$1:
The design of the lever-action rifle, virtually unchanged for 120 years, may have limited Zehaf-Bibeau's ability to inflict mass casualties on Parliament Hill. Ie bolt action, no magazine. If it had been semi-auto, the other soldier would likely be dead too.

This is false, the most important factor in a shooters deadliness is skill, not the weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_WVAV2tto

A fellow with a bolt action rifle, scoring 7 kills on running profile targets obstructed by trees in 11s.
$1:
Unlike more modern rifles that can be reloaded with a clip or magazine containing multiple rounds, the Winchester, once empty, must be painstakingly reloaded round-by-round, inserting the cartridges into a small port on the side of the receiver. The process takes an experienced shooter about 30 seconds -- an eternity in the kind of shootout that took place inside Centre Block.

30s to load 7 rounds is a exaggeration. 7 rounds in 30s is a slow leisurely loading. You can watch hickok45 load 4 rounds in 12s and he's slow while talking to the camera.

Also 30s while a long time, is hardly an eternity. While moving you can load a model 94 as it's action doesn't require any operation to allow rounds to be loaded.
$1:
That means he would have had a maximum of five shots left, and more likely four, when he headed for Parliament. Security camera pictures show that he did not pause to reload.
He doesn't have to stop to reload.
$1:
That fact may explain why Zehaf-Bibeau passed on two easy opportunities to kill people on Parliament Hill. First, he allowed the driver of a government car he hijacked to escape. A few seconds later, he exited the car at the front doors of Centre Block, only metres from a group of three individuals. Again, he did not open fire.
A more likely answer is that he wanted to kill important looking people, like someone in a uniform.
$1:
Had he shot those people, he would have been entering Parliament with an empty rifle.
Unless he reloaded on the move.
$1:
If his attack was indeed inspired by ISIS propaganda, it seems unlikely that he would have been so discriminating in his choice of targets. ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani specifically instructed the group's adherents in the West not to spare civilians, in a video message released last month.
Passing on one target for another is logical and could be unrelated to the rounds in the firearm.
$1:
It is standard practice in Canada for courts to issue a lifetime gun ban to almost anyone convicted of a violent offence.
Because it makes sense to let people you can't trust with a firearm, walk around free. If you can't trust them with a firearm, they should be in jail. Easy as that.
Same goes for sex offenders, violent criminals and everyone else.
If you can not be trusted with potentially dangerous items then you can't be trusted to live free.
Either keep people locked up, or grant them full equal membership in society.
$1:
Ottawa lawyer Solomon Friedman is one of Canada's leading experts on firearms law, and has testified several times before Parliament on the issue.
"I would tell this person it is almost impossible, if not impossible, for you to obtain firearms."

Legally. Forgot that legally part.
$1:
He says police consult the CPIC (Canadian Police Intelligence Centre) database when considering licence applications. CPIC shows all contact with police or mental health authorities, not only convictions.
Because we deny people rights and privileges based on the police fishing for crimes. Yet another reason to never tell the police anything, show them ID or name yourself.
$1:
It may be that last possibility that explains why police are so focused on tracking the weapon's history.
They are focused on it because it supports their belief in a police state that tracks citizens and their actions, while glossing over their own failure to stop this attack, or the other Islamic terrorists attacks on CF members in the past few weeks.

"If only we had kept the LGR this could have been stopped. It's not our fault the tools we need to keep people safe have been taken from us."

The RCMP's long history of dodging blame seems to be a continuing tradition. I can't wait for them to cry about the need for a LGR, or more authority to snoop in people's private lives.

Brenda Brenda:
One of them was a crack head. I guess his religion is more important, but he was a crack head. No one usually cares about the religion of a crack head. Unless it is Islam. Than it trumps the crack head thing.

Crack does a lot of things to people, but it doesn't turn them into terrorists. Other than terrorists for liberals if you happen to be a Mayor of a large city.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 pm

I just drove 2/3 of the fell length of the 407 and every bridge is covered with emergency vehicles, flags flying and our fellow citizens. This is quite extraordinary and it goes well beyond previous "Highway of Heroes" salutes.

It occurs to me that the two servicemen killed this week are the first ones to die by enemy action on Canadian soil since the Northwest Rebellion back in the 1880s (Battle of the St Lawrence the possible exception).

The front line is now our streets.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Here's a response from some of the country's major Muslim groups:

$1:

Representatives of major Canadian Muslim groups gathered in Ottawa today to reiterate their denunciation of terrorism in the name of Islam at a news conference in Ottawa, even as fear of harassment and violence grows in the Muslim-Canadian community.

“Our message to anyone who believes in violent extremist ideologies is that you have nothing to do with Islam,” said Ihsaan Gardee, the executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims and one of several speakers at Thursday’s event. “You have nothing to do with the noble principles of our faith, which categorically condemn the taking of innocent life.”

Muslim associations across Canada were quick to issue statements of solidarity with their fellow citizens as events unfolded in Ottawa on Wednesday and the killer of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was identified as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a recent convert to Islam.

Speakers at the news conference expressed grief and extended condolences to the families affected by the attack, but they also hinted at the strains the event will likely put on Muslim-Canadian communities. A representative for the Canadian Council of Muslim Women spoke of living “under a microscope” of suspicion since Sept. 11, 2001.

Canadians, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, have to work “to heal the toxic wounds of recent history,” Farhat Rehman said.

Muslim community leaders, who placed a wreath at the National War Memorial where the fatal shooting took place, spoke with numerous media outlets as well as other Ottawans about what had taken place in the city, with Imam Sikander Hashmi of the Kanata Muslim Association telling Postmedia News that it was “a very emotional day.”

“Obviously there’s a lot of sadness and perhaps some anger as well,” Hashmi said in a phone interview. “This is my country. I haven’t lived anywhere else and I call this home, so for someone to spread bloodshed and violence in my homeland, I don’t take that very kindly. I take great offence to that.”

“We’re feeling exactly the way a lot our fellow Canadians are feeling,” he added.

Hashmi, who also works with the Canadian Council of Imams, said mosques and Muslim associations across Canada started responding to the tragedy even before the identity of the shooter was revealed, although learning that he was a Muslim was troubling.

Law enforcement is already preparing for any ugliness that might arise in the days and weeks to come. Amid the emergency response in the capital on Wednesday, Ottawa Police sent a letter to all the Muslim community centres in the region assuring them of their security.

“The Ottawa Police Service has a long standing collaboration with our various faith and communities leaders that have allowed us to build strong and positive relationships,” Police Chief Charles Bordeleau wrote. “With this in mind, I want to take this opportunity to reiterate my commitment to ensure the safety of all of our communities.”

Hashmi said the letter was a positive sign of trust and cooperation, although some community members have already experienced harassment since the shooting.

“We did hear reports of children being bullied at school, having a tough time yesterday because of the events. We had reports of a woman wearing a hijab being verbally assaulted. But you know what? We’re all in this together [despite] the anger that people feel,” Hashmi said.

“I also know that an overwhelming majority of Canadians believe and understand that taking out anger and frustrations against innocent people in response to the loss of innocent life is wrong, and that two wrongs don’t make a right.”

I distinctly remember a coworker of mine at a previous job, a Muslim immigrant from Pakistan. He always spoke to his coworkers in English, enrolled his kids in French immersion, and joined us for office potlucks during Ramadan while jokingly asking us not to tell his wife. He was just another Canadian, working hard to make a living while getting along with his fellow citizens.

Guys like him are the Muslims we need to support, and that we need more of in Canada, even as we oppose the psychopaths that strive to murder innocents and shoot down our protectors.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:26 pm

We should just insist that henceforth, in Canada, Allah will be referred to as the Blood God.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 16  17  18  19  20  21  Next