GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:35 am

Christ I am getting tired of these fucking stories

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 am

If it is required by law for safety reasons he has no ground to stand on. I have heard that there is a smaller less obstructive turban sikhs can wear underneath protective headwear, maybe he should invest in one.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:43 am

What complicates this story is the insistance of taking off the turban to put on the hard hat. This isn't what happens in India -> you wear the hard hat over the turban. I can be sensitive to changing rules just to suit a minority but this seems to stupid not to comprimise. He can't wear the hard hat on top?

Example

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:51 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
What complicates this story is the insistance of taking off the turban to put on the hard hat. This isn't what happens in India -> you wear the hard hat over the turban. I can be sensitive to changing rules just to suit a minority but this seems to stupid not to comprimise. He can't wear the hard hat on top?

Example

Good find. Case closed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:04 am

If a Canadian went to any of their countries , do you think they would change their customs or laws.......NO ........ but we have to bend over backwards to change and protect their religions and customs ........ its got to change... your in Canada love it or.........Leave IT........

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:04 am

yeah, the courts have alrady ruled repeatedly that safety laws for helmets and hard-hards over-ride cultural rights, so I doubt this will go anywhere.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

That policy didn't work for Sihk motorcyclists here in BC.
(why MC helmets are a provincial thing is beyone me though..)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 am

ridenrain ridenrain:

Recreational motorcycle use is different.
Occupational Health and Safety mandates that hard hats are to be weared on sites where there are overhead hazzards, it overrides any religious obligations and yes there are less obstructive turbans they can wear for workign with hard hats. This man was informed when hired of all saftey rules and now is looking to make a quick $.
I should mention as well that it is not Mandatory for Shieks to wear turbans to work either, it's personal choice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:43 am

Sikhs take off their turbans to go to go to bed. Why can't this guy put on a hard hat before he leaves his home so no one will see his hair? Or find a hard hat that will fit over his turban. If he got injured or killed on the job because he wasn't wearing a hard hat no doubt there would be a big lawsuit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:17 pm

This crap gets old pretty fast. Follow the rules or find another job, although I'm pretty sure he'll get some hotshot lawyer whose trying to make a name for himself and challenge this yet again on the grounds or freedom of religion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

Only because the province backed off and changed the law so it never came down to a court ruling. Here in Ontario the "evil big government" went to court and won.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:25 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:

Example

Good find. Case closed

Why cant these people meet the safety regulations half way, get a work turban FFS and put on a hard hat !!!

I'll buy one for him even.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm

meh I say he can rock it without one, and when he is injured he takes full responsibilty.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
meh I say he can rock it without one, and when he is injured he takes full responsibilty.

We'll need a waiver for that.