Title: Snowflake Joe Warmington: Put Don Cherry back on air this Saturday
Category: Sports
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2019-11-14 02:21:48
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:26 am

Because he can't seem to find a way in his vast, intellectually superior mind to tell his son why Don isn't there.

Typical based on his history. Supporting lifetime employment...only a couple of careers in Canada can one expect this...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:43 am

Don is gone, no amount of stomping and screaming "I want him back" (like a petulant 6 year old howling after their favorite toy was taken away) will bring him back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:16 am

I like Don but I don't want him back. The era is gone for him and he's too out of touch with the game now. And, just because it's CBC's and Sportsnet's policy to concentrate on Toronto as much as they can to excess, I don't want Coach's Corner back just so the rest of us can hear even more about the damn Maple Leafs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:16 pm

He is gone. But cancel culture got a Canadian icon. We should notice that and get vigilant. There's line where we need to stop tolerating it.

'Remember Don Cherry' is something I'll be saying in the future when the cancel culturists are pretending they're doing it for noble motives again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:28 pm

I don't know about gone. Somebody someplace somewhere will hire him to keep on talking and if the ground swell to get him back on TV keeps growing it may not just stop with a host position on another program but may morph into something like this in a few years. ROTFL

0:
75627369_10158000921823714_2421391274587193344_n.jpg
75627369_10158000921823714_2421391274587193344_n.jpg [ 47.82 KiB | Viewed 908 times ]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Baby killer Henry Morgentaler has an Order of Canada but Mr Canada, supporter of all things traditionally Canadian, Don Cherry doesn't.

Modern priorities.

We in the silent majority should start a petition. Why bother though. The only right the prog PTB that hijacks anything that needs a bureaucracy seems to think we have is the right to be ignored.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Don should get a YouTube channel.

Maybe not. The usual suspects would cancel him there pretty quick too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Baby killer Henry Morgentaler has an Order of Canada but Mr Canada, supporter of all things traditionally Canadian, Don Cherry doesn't.

Modern priorities.

We in the silent majority should start a petition. Why bother though. The only right the prog PTB that hijacks anything that needs a bureaucracy seems to think we have is the right to be ignored.

Oh the “silent majority” myth again

You are neither silent nor a majority. You’re the opposite: a loud vocal minority. And conservatives are perpetually butt-hurt, triggered advocates of your own brand of ‘cancel culture’ just as much as anyone on the left. Accept it and quit deluding yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:22 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Don should get a YouTube channel.

Maybe not. The usual suspects would cancel him there pretty quick too.

Nope, forget Youtube to many perpetually butt hurt wankers on it. But, if Amazon Prime can let Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond run amok on their channel after Mr. Clarkson punched out his PC producer and still make money off them, one of the streaming services should be able to make a few bucks airing old episodes of the now unacceptable Rock Em Sock Em hockey with Don as the host. [cheer]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 am

When things like this happen, a popular show goes off air or in this case a host getting fired. I harken back to when I was in kindergarten and they took Speed Racer cartoon off the air. I cried my eyes out. I was so hurt but you know what I got over it. In less than a week I had found a new cartoon to watch when I got home from school. so I am sure a new host will be found by everyone to watch.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am

How many 85 year old ‘analysts’ (if that is what he was doing) do we see in other sports? Speaking as a geezer, I think very few of us are worth keeping on TV, especially to talk about sport. Cherry was painfully out of date twenty years ago and he was dangerously wrong on multiple safety-related issues. His firing was way overdue.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:47 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
He is gone. But cancel culture got a Canadian icon. We should notice that and get vigilant. There's line where we need to stop tolerating it.

'Remember Don Cherry' is something I'll be saying in the future when the cancel culturists are pretending they're doing it for noble motives again.

R=UP R=UP

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:48 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I don't know about gone. Somebody someplace somewhere will hire him to keep on talking and if the ground swell to get him back on TV keeps growing it may not just stop with a host position on another program but may morph into something like this in a few years. ROTFL

0:
75627369_10158000921823714_2421391274587193344_n.jpg

Grand idea, Freakin'.....and very well deserved.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:13 pm

$1:
Man who claims he vandalized cenotaph says Don Cherry’s firing was motive

A man who shares the same name as the suspect arrested for spray painting the Old City Hall Cenotaph wrote a lengthy Facebook manifesto citing the emergence of ‘cancel culture’ and the firing of Don Cherry as the motives behind the vandalism.

On Friday, Toronto police announced that Thomas Christian Zaugg, 33, of Toronto, was arrested and is now facing two mischief-related charges.

He made a brief court appearance on Friday, refusing legal counsel. A short time later, he was released to a surety bail of $750 and is required to have a mental health assessment by a doctor within seven days. His next court date is on Dec. 20.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/toronto.cit ... alism/amp/

Vandalized cenotaph on remembrance day. And NOT an immigrant. Stay classy Cherry fans.