CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:09 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
You calling 2Cdo a pussified leftist?

:roll:

No I hope not. I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than be known as a pussy leftie.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 am

Elizabeth May isn't happy. :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Screen-Shot-2015-05-10-at-6.46.20-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2015-05-10-at-6.46.20-PM.png [ 693.7 KiB | Viewed 37 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:37 am

Unsound Unsound:
Still has not been explained to my satisfaction why throwing a grenade at people who are shooting at you in a war zone is a crime.

Apparently this current lawsuit is possible because of this:

"On October 25, 2010, Khadr pleaded guilty to murder in violation of the laws of war, attempted murder in violation of the laws of war, conspiracy, two counts of providing material support for terrorism and spying"

Also the CBC article says Khadr is suing the Canadian government for $20 million, so that's interesting.

It would seem now that even if he gets his 20 mill, he won't get it. His victims will. I have no objection to that. He was Al Qaida. Screw him.

Great sig Brah. R=UP

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:39 am

Unsound Unsound:
Still has not been explained to my satisfaction why throwing a grenade at people who are shooting at you in a war zone is a crime.

Don't get why it's so hard for you people to understand that no one objects to the stuff out of warm feelings for Khadr. There's some very important principals at stake here. Can the Canadian government just arbitrarily decide which citizens it will treat like citizens and which will be abandoned to the mercies of a foreign government?

But I suppose it's easier to just chant "terrorist lover" over and over again instead of defending your own position.

R=UP

If it can happen to him, it can happen to any of us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:42 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Speak for yourself. There's no videos of me putting together IEDs for Al Qaida.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:47 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Speak for yourself. There's no videos of me putting together IEDs for Al Qaida.

There can be, given a little time. And since the Government of Canada will do nothing to help you out, would it really matter to you if they were fake? You'll still be beat and tortured till you sign anything that is put in front of you.

The Government has a duty to it's citizens, and it doesn't get to choose which ones it helps and which ones it doesn't. Which is why Maher Arar got such a large settlement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:50 am

you're channeling bart 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The Government has a duty to it's citizens, and it doesn't get to choose which ones it helps and which ones it doesn't. Which is why Maher Arar got such a large settlement.

Our government should have no duty to citizens that take up arms against us or our allies.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

Bart and I agree more often than not because we both are able to observe objectively and dispassionately and form an opinion through reason. 8O :twisted:

I don't care that there are videos of Khadr assembling bombs. Did those bombs go off? Did he set them off? No. They are irrelevant, and meant to invoke a passionate and emotional response.

What did occur is exactly the same thing as we saw recently with young girls from Ontario and England who got brainwashed into fighting for ISIS. The response for their plight and Omar's somehow is different, presumably because his father dragged him over there? It's no different. And our response should be no different.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:08 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I don't care that there are videos of Khadr assembling bombs. Did those bombs go off? Did he set them off? No.

That's interesting. How do you know that? I hadn't heard that one.

I'll be interested in seeing the link. At least you're past your previous insinuation that the video is fake, so we don't have deal with that.

But yeah, can you show me how we know those bombs little Omar was assembling for the terrorist organization Al Qaida were never used? Did the Americans recover them in the raid? Is that it? If so are we sure they got them all?

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Our government should have no duty to citizens that take up arms against us or our allies.

I agree, but from another perspective, our government has signed treaties on the treatment of child soldiers. And Guantanamo isn't a prescribed treatment for them.

The problem with Khadr's case is it's hard to be dispassionate about it. Is he a mad jihadi who's father made him fight for Osama; or is he a brainwashed child soldier who never really had a choice? It tough to find unbiased information either way.

So, I'm more concerned with things going forward. If I am overseas and find myself in a bind, will my country treat me like William Sampson, Omar Kahdr or Mahaer Arar? Should I even put myself in the position of having to find out?

I hear Cuba is nice in the Fall. ;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I don't care that there are videos of Khadr assembling bombs. Did those bombs go off? Did he set them off? No.

That's interesting. How do you know that? I hadn't heard that one.

I'll be interested in seeing the link. At least you're past your previous insinuation that the video is fake, so we don't have deal with that.

But yeah, can you show me how we know those bombs little Omar was assembling for the terrorist organization Al Qaida were never used? Did the Americans recover them in the raid? Is that it? If so are we sure they got them all.

I've never said they were fake. Can you show me how it's possible to prove a negative?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
child soldiers.

*sigh*

little Omar was not a child soldier.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:15 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I've never said they were fake. Can you show me how it's possible to prove a negative?

So you don't actually know your quote below is a fact then?

$1:
"Did those bombs go off? Did he set them off? No."

So the video of Omar putting IEDs together for the terrorist organization Al Qaida is not fake, and we don't know what happened to all the bombs he assembled. Is that what you're saying?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:20 pm

martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
child soldiers.

*sigh*

little Omar was not a child soldier.

See what I mean? By every definition, he was a child soldier.

http://www.child-soldiers.org/internati ... ndards.php