canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Title: Soldiers told not to wear uniforms in public, bases hike security | Toronto Star
Category: Military
Posted By: kitty
Date: 2014-10-22 19:11:16
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 pm

"A Defence Department source said instructions were also sent by email on behalf of Rear Admiral John Newton to personnel advising them to avoid appearing in uniform in public places."

Rear Admiral John Newton needs to be stripped of his uniform and thrown out onto the street.

Let him go work at MacDonalds if he wants a uniform.

Canadian soldiers don't run around in clogs and hipster beads on their home soil to please ISIS, or even PC progs masquerading as soldiers like Rear Admiral John Newton.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:59 pm

This one get pertinent at about 3:40, but it's worth listening to the whole thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 pm

It is stupid to tell soldiers not to wear their uniforms in public.

First, it's an overreaction to the real level of threat.

Second, they're soldiers. Wearing a uniform comes with the territory. Even when doing so might bring additional risk (which it doesn't in this case).

The above said, I don't think the dear Admiral is "PC" or a "prog" and I seriously doubt his intentions are to "please ISIS". Even when NF is right, he's annoyingly wrong. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Well, that didn't take long, I guess our brilliantly retarded liberal is in fact Rear Admiral John Newton.

Moron. :roll:

It is now even more important to see our soldiers not bend down to this idiocy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 am

It's too bad we can't all just put on uniforms to do an "I'm Spartacus" kind of thing.

Well everybody except Rear Admiral John Newton, of course. He's not worthy.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:58 am

The order should be to wear uniforms as often as practical. And one Rear Admiral should be looking forward to a demotion with cause.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:04 am

Get this. My Sea Cadet daughter's tagging session this weekend has been cancelled because of the DND directive to not go into public wearing their uniforms!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:16 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Get this. My Sea Cadet daughter's tagging session this weekend has been cancelled because of the DND directive to not go into public wearing their uniforms!

No surprise, I'm sure plenty of utterly retarded decisions will be made by complete simpletons over the next few weeks.

The real fun begins when people start saying that the Cadets is a militarist
organization because it indoctrinates young people into uniforms, and should
be disbanded.

Just wait.
Won't happen tomorrow.

Remember, lots of people said we would never be attacked by jihadis.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:19 am

Never? Who has said that?

Opposing widespread racist reform under their viel of pre-empting problems like this is more likely the thing you hear martin. I doubt I've heard anyone claim that there won't be commotion here.

What I am hearing though from general crazy people as they get in their terrified stupors is that "they are everywhere"... Can't trust anyone, "they're in every city", like what is the plan with that kind of belief?

Give me a break. Rapists, murderers, and pedophiles are everywhere. Terrorists? We have the luxury of that being one of the rarest ways to have a bad day.

As far as not wearing uniforms, I definitely doubt it's meant to be an action of shame, just strategy. We love sure love symbology though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am

oh, let him and his ilk battle their strawmen here. Probably keeps them out of trouble. Lets them feel they are fighting the enemy without actually having to propose sensible solutions. And crow I told you so every time there's an incident - as if we haven't' been warned of this for years and haven't put a number of jihadis in jail already for trying. Of course we didn't hang them publicly and smear them with pigs' blood, so I guess we're just being soft.

NOt wearing their uniforms is meant to keep them safe.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 am

Newton began his career in the Canadian Armed Forces in 1983, after an early occupation as a geologist. It would seem he's gone back to that occupation and has the greatest desire for everyone in his command to bury their heads in the sand.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:42 am

andyt andyt:
NOt wearing their uniforms is meant to keep them safe.

Tell that to the family of Lee Rigby, moron. :roll:

My my they certainly get defensive in a hurry.

It was wasn't a bad day, it was a bad week, Mr. I-have-the-attention-span-of-a-gnat.

hmm, next week, it'll be the 'oh he was mentally ill, it nothing to do with Islam' defense.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:05 am

It's not really very surprising or the first time. They told soldiers not to wear their uniforms in public in BC in the late 80's early 90's.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:42 am

housewife housewife:
It's not really very surprising or the first time. They told soldiers not to wear their uniforms in public in BC in the late 80's early 90's.

That could have been proper at the time, although I'm not sure how.

But changing your actions in reply to a terrorist to avoid harm, not doing something to stop the harm but only to try and avoid being a victim, validates terrorism.

In the UK the order to not wear uniforms while commuting to work was quickly overturned by their chief of the defense staff.