Category: Health
Posted By: Regina
Date: 2015-01-16 07:09:16
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks for saving us some money for a full trial, at least.

Hope you burn in hell.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Another murder suicide where no one wins except the author. There'll be no closure for the family and there'll be no justice for the rest of us since she got away with dictating he own demise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
there'll be no justice for the rest of us since she got away with dictating he own demise.

That bitch. One day we'll have the technology so we can revive her and kill her properly.

I doubt that starving yourself to death is a pleasant experience, so you should have your revenge anyway.

$1:
Blanchette lost custody of her children early in 2012, and had been awarded visiting rights once every two weeks, to be supervised by the children's maternal grandmother.
So where was the grandmother? She should be charged with neglecting the children.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:05 am

andyt andyt:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
there'll be no justice for the rest of us since she got away with dictating he own demise.

That bitch. One day we'll have the technology so we can revive her and kill her properly.

I doubt that starving yourself to death is a pleasant experience, so you should have your revenge anyway.

$1:
Blanchette lost custody of her children early in 2012, and had been awarded visiting rights once every two weeks, to be supervised by the children's maternal grandmother.
So where was the grandmother? She should be charged with neglecting the children.

Call it what you want but, as a society we have the need to show can we police ourselves and enforce the laws we put in place and that includes giving people trials. So, allowing the "accused" to commit suicide by starving herself to death while in custody definitely gives the appearance that the system is more concerned about saving a buck than bringing people to trial and giving them and us the opportunity to get to the truth, hence no justice.

And, if you're all gung ho for going after the grandmother for child neglect how about all the custodians, police, prison and gov't officials who sat by idly and watched this bitch slowly commit suicide?

My guess is that they wouldn't have given her a rope, gun or knife to kill herself in her cell so, how is it fine for them to watch her starve herself to death which is exactly the same thing only over a much longer period?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:10 am

They did what the law calls for. Ie people have the right to refuse food. You want us to show we can police ourselves, that includes the police following the law.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:44 am

andyt andyt:
They did what the law calls for. Ie people have the right to refuse food. You want us to show we can police ourselves, that includes the police following the law.

You can kill yourself by refusing food but, you can't kill yourself by any other means? That's fucking insanity at it's zenith but, could you post the link for the law because it seems that other prisoners have tried it and been taken to hospital and revived.

$1:
"I'll get sick, I'll go to the hospital. I will go to the hospital and they'll pay for me to get better, stick an IV in my arm, whatever it takes but I won't eat," Paul Wilson said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/inmates-o ... e-1.225020

So, given that statement, unless the law has changed since 2000 it sounds like my first assumption that her suicide was more of a cost saving measure than "her right" could be closer to the truth than some in the system would like to admit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:50 am

Well, I don't know. Maybe the law is different in Quebec? Your link doesn't actually say that they did stick an IV in the prisoner's arm, just that if they did he still wouldn't eat.

$1:
Prison officials initially ordered Blanchette to be force-fed through a feeding tube, but backed down after her lawyers intervened, saying it was being done against the prisoner’s will.

Ruth Gagnon, the executive director of Quebec’s Elizabeth Fry Society, said detention centres have an obligation not to allow prisoners to kill themselves, even if that means going to court to intervene when inmates refuse treatment.

“When someone threatens their life, they must take measures to prevent it,” she said. But Gagnon conceded there will be instances when a person bent on suicide will find a way.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... found-dead

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:03 pm

andyt andyt:
Well, I don't know. Maybe the law is different in Quebec? Your link doesn't actually say that they did stick an IV in the prisoner's arm, just that if they did he still wouldn't eat.

$1:
Prison officials initially ordered Blanchette to be force-fed through a feeding tube, but backed down after her lawyers intervened, saying it was being done against the prisoner’s will.

Ruth Gagnon, the executive director of Quebec’s Elizabeth Fry Society, said detention centres have an obligation not to allow prisoners to kill themselves, even if that means going to court to intervene when inmates refuse treatment.

“When someone threatens their life, they must take measures to prevent it,” she said. But Gagnon conceded there will be instances when a person bent on suicide will find a way.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... found-dead

The last line says it all. They assisted her in committing suicide plain and simple but here's your answer about Quebec's laws on suicides.

Quebec's Right-To-Die Bill Adopted In National Assembly
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/05 ... 55035.html

Although I'm pretty sure this bill wasn't intended for situations like this it still saves the Gov't a shitload of money on trials and incarcerations for a life sentence which was probably their intent from the start.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:57 am

FOG, that's one of the silliest things I've heard this week. Please stop believing that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:41 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
FOG, that's one of the silliest things I've heard this week. Please stop believing that.

$1:
It stipulates that patients themselves would have to repeatedly ask a doctor to end their lives on the basis of unbearable physical or psychological suffering. They would have to be deemed mentally sound at the time of the requests.

The federal government has said it could challenge the legality of the legislation.

Assisted suicide and euthanasia are illegal under Canada's Criminal Code and Ottawa has insisted it has no intention of changing that.

And yet they did nothing to keep her alive. All because some fucking ambulance chaser said it was her right to refuse food, a fact that would inevitably end in her death. Yeah okay. :roll:

Since suicide is illegal and the method is still irrelevant could you please give me the reasoning as to why the Quebec Justice System would just roll over and comply to a threat from some hack lawyer before going through the hoops of court hearings, challenges, repeated psychological analysis before deciding she was suffering from unbearable psychological pain and illegally allowing her to off herself because she didn't go on a hunger "stike" she purposely set out to kill herself?

While in custody the inmate is a ward of the state and therefore the state is ultimately responsible for their health and welfare, So, it only follows that if the state stands idly by and watches a ward of theirs kill themselves they're complicit in the suicide and the method the inmate chose is completely irrelevant.

Had this woman been charged with a traffic offense do you seriously think they'd have allowed her to do this without attempting to prevent it?

Not likely since her family would have sued them for millions of dollars so, what makes this case different other than the fact she was murderess who was likely going to spend the rest of her life in prison after a lengthy and painful trial involving the family?

So, you may consider it nothing more than a silly theory which is your prerogative. Was this a slap in the face for Ottawa's refusal to condone the new assisted suicide laws in Quebec? I don't know but I still maintain that there's something rotten in the state of Denmark or in this case Quebec. ROTFL

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:49 am

suicide is legal (It brings on many changes And I can take or leave it if I please.)

Assisting with suicide is not, which is what the Quebec bill is all about.

And you have to be found of sound mind - very doubtful this woman would be.

$1:
what makes this case different other than the fact she was murderess who was likely going to spend the rest of her life in prison after a lengthy and painful trial involving the family
Good chance she'd be found not guilty by reason of a mental disorder, especially since she's a woman and also because this is Quuebec. So her suicide is a win win, really.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:04 am

andyt andyt:
suicide is legal (It brings on many changes And I can take or leave it if I please.)

Assisting with suicide is not, which is what the Quebec bill is all about.

And you have to be found of sound mind - very doubtful this woman would be.

$1:
what makes this case different other than the fact she was murderess who was likely going to spend the rest of her life in prison after a lengthy and painful trial involving the family
Good chance she'd be found not guilty by reason of a mental disorder, especially since she's a woman and also because this is Quuebec. So her suicide is a win win, really.

And you may have just hit the nail on the head. She gets to off herself and Quebec gets to thumb it's nose at Ottawa for not allowing them to do what they want and carry out assisted suicides.

But then we get to the 64 thousand dollar question. Were they right in allowing her to kill herself. From her and her family's standpoint probably yes from a legal one definitely no.

So I guess the only concern I have about their actions in her death is that they've now set a precedence where the aggrieved person can, without extensive psychological testing and the findings of a board from the medical profession elect to kill themselves.

A fact which opens up a whole new can of worms. I wonder how many other mentally unstable inmates are going to decide to off themselves. Although if they start doing that we may as well bring back the death penalty upon request.

Theirs. XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:31 am

I don't think what the prison did was illegal.

It's very hard to starve yourself. Few prisoners will manage it.

I support a person's right to kill themselves, that includes inmates. If an inmate chooses death freely vs a prison sentence, I think that's their right.

I have to admit, I find your position contradictory. You're for capital punishment, but against allowing inmates to kill themselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:11 pm

andyt andyt:
I don't think what the prison did was illegal.

It's very hard to starve yourself. Few prisoners will manage it.

I support a person's right to kill themselves, that includes inmates. If an inmate chooses death freely vs a prison sentence, I think that's their right.

I have to admit, I find your position contradictory. You're for capital punishment, but against allowing inmates to kill themselves.

Not really. I'm just against killing inmates before they're tried and justice has been served.

So, unlike you I'd rather see the families and society get closure because if we allow prisoners to kill themselves before the fact we relinquish our responsibility to ensure justice is served and give them back the control over us and their victims survivors that they had when they committed murder.