Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 am

This opens a can of worms don’t you think?

Can black Brazilian favela dwellers claim refugee status in Canada because the government discriminates against them and every once in a while sends death squads to their neighborhoods in revenge attacks?

Perhaps Pakistani and Iraqi Christians? Why not give them refugee status?

What about Black Darfuris fleeing Arab oppression and extermination? They are discriminated against because they are black and Christian.

If you apply this sort of reasoning in accepting refugee claims, please apply it equally or don't apply it all.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 am

CommanderSock CommanderSock:

Can black Brazilian favela dwellers claim refugee status in Canada because the government discriminates against them and every once in a while sends death squads to their neighborhoods in revenge attacks?

What about Black Darfuris fleeing Arab oppression and extermination? They are discriminated against because they are black and Christian.

If you apply this sort of reasoning in accepting refugee claims, please apply it equally or don't apply it all.
Well granted at some point one person's definition of discrimination (and it's not just discrimination, but potentially life-threatening discrimination that is considered), won't fit the government's, but in most cases we have been doing what you suggest. Iranian Christians, homosexuals, etc. Indian/Pakistani women,etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 am

CommanderSock CommanderSock:

I was about to reply in the same vein as akhenthan.

We already have the bar set very low. The IRB basically accept ANYBODY. We have people claiming refugee status from the US and Switzerland and other silly places.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:17 am

I agree. We need to be raising the bar on what qualifies as a refugee.
While life as a white guy there may suck, I don't know if it's a life or death condition.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
While life as a POORwhite guy there may suck, I don't know if it's a life or death condition.

had to fix that for ya..

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:44 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
While life as a white guy there may suck, I don't know if it's a life or death condition.

Agreed. But whites should not be barred from claiming discrimination which is essentially what the S.A govt is saying. Everyone should be able to claim legitimate discrimination no matter what the colour of their skin. To me that is true equality and multiculturalism.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

It is. South Africa does not officially persecute white people, but then it doesn't exactly go out of its way to protect their rights, either.

One of the things Mrs. Bart and I noted over the past few years was the disproportionate representation of South African whites as crew on cruise ships. On our last cruise we asked one of the SA folks what this was about and we got to hear her story of her family being dispossessed of their farm that had been in the family since before the Boer War. She lost an entire family of relatives to being burned alive in their home and so her family liquidated and removed to the USA.

As I followed up I found this is not a unique story and that the SA government is slowly beginning to respond to the problem. Their reason is not that theya re suddenly interested in civil rights, but for the fact that for every white who leaves SA the economic impact to the country is rather remarkable. One SA paper had a story in which they estimated that up to 30 jobs are lost for every white who leaves SA. It's an entirely disproportionate ripple effect, but one that is slowly taking SA from a second world nation to third world.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
One SA paper had a story in which they estimated that up to 30 jobs are lost for every white who leaves SA. It's an entirely disproportionate ripple effect, but one that is slowly taking SA from a second world nation to third world.

So in your opinion, is SA destined to end up much like Zimbabwe is now?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

If I ran the Canadian immigration system I'd open the gates wide open to South African whites and educated blacks who want to get out of there before the place implodes. Ditto for mass immigration from Israel. We'd get the moral satisfaction of saving people from imminently dangerous (and inevitably genocidal) situations as well as receiving a big injection of highly-educated and materially productive people. Y'know, useful folks, as opposed to the usual primitive sloths we get stuck with who just show up and do things like drain our medical and welfare systems dry.

(Yeah, that's right, come and call me a racist, you needle-dicks. I'm in a fighting mood anyway. Grrr-Rah!) :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:17 am

Yeah, since when did wanting to protect our country from the dreck become racist??

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:05 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
One SA paper had a story in which they estimated that up to 30 jobs are lost for every white who leaves SA. It's an entirely disproportionate ripple effect, but one that is slowly taking SA from a second world nation to third world.

More like Somalia, where the mob rules.

People complain about the 15.8% right side of the bell curve, but they are the ones making the biggest individual contribution.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I think that it'll be a different version of the same thing, slower as the Boers are more entrenched than the whites in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe were.

The whites have been leaving SA for a long time, those that have left were mainly of UK heritage. Now the Boers are giving up on it, but slowly.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I doubt they'll go down to the level of Zimbabwe, but I do expect that they'll soon be representative of a typical African kleptocracy. I give it 5-10 years and they'll be indistiguishable from the rest of Africa.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:17 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I give it 5-10 years and they'll be indistiguishable from the rest of Africa.

You must have missed Scape's TED link.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_at_state.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 am

We have that same nonsense in the states.

Political Correctness Holds:

Only whites are racists, it is impossible for other ethic groups to be racists, and if you are white and get screwed out of a job or a promotion because you are white you have NOT been discriminated against you are just in an "unfortunate position".

You have very few, if any, rights in the courts to challenge any of this horseshit.

Being proud of any white heritage is racist, an exception might be made if you are Scottish as they are viewed in the middle east as "less Barbaric" these days than other westerners.

Perhaps one day some thinker that "All people are Created Equal Under the Law";
I think I read that somewhere.