canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Title: Spirit Airlines employee told student to flush emotional support hamster down the toilet
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-02-08 13:31:52

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:35 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/0 ... leges.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm

"A college student said she flushed her emotional support hamster down the toilet after Spirit Airlines refused to let her bring her furry pet on the plane."

$1:
Belen Aldecosea, 21, of Miami Beach, Florida, told the Miami Herald that she contacted Spirit Airlines before her flight from Baltimore to South Florida on Nov. 21, 2017, regarding traveling with her dwarf hamster, Pebbles. Aldecosea claimed the airline told her it was not a problem to bring her hamster on the flight.

However, when the student arrived at the airport she said the airline refused to let Pebbles on the plane. Aldecosea said she did not have many options since her family was in Florida and her friends were hours away. The student claimed a Spirit employee suggested she either flush Pebbles down the toilet or let the animal free.

Aldecosea skipped her flight and tried to rent a car instead, but said she was too young to rent one. So she did what she felt was the most humane choice.

“She was scared. I was scared. It was horrifying trying to put her in the toilet,” Aldecosea said. “I was emotional. I was crying. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying in the stall.”

The student said she considered letting Pebbles run free outside but could not bear thinking of her hamster freezing to death or getting hit.

“I didn’t have any other options,” she said.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Emotional support hamster [?]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:58 pm

So she claims. Image

$1:
Aldecosea, 21, of Miami Beach, is now considering filing a lawsuit against Spirit over the conflicting instructions that wound up pressuring her into making an anguished decision with a pet certified by her doctor as an emotional support animal. She shared her story with the Miami Herald weeks after the story of an emotional support peacock — denied entrance to a United Airlines flight — went viral on the Internet.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 71069.html

Attachments:
Hamster girl.JPG
Hamster girl.JPG [ 54.94 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Who's going to be shocked if this turns out to be some sort of troll prank?

Wouldn't surprise me if she's serious though. That's how crazy the world has become.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm

It was a pet. Asking someone to kill their pet is cruel. She checked ahead, to be told otherwise at the airport is not acceptable. They should have told her on the phone that a pet wasn't allowed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 pm

"a pet certified by her doctor as an emotional support animal" is the claim.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:19 pm

This stupid little bitch should absolutely be prosecuted for a mindless act of cruelty against a helpless animal. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 pm

This is why driving is better. All the loons are on the outside in their own vehicles compared to flying where you're trapped in the cabin with them. She also should have given an emergency call to Richard Gere for some advice on how to......hide the hamster. Image

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm

I thought that every pet was an "emotional support animal". [huh]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:49 pm

raydan raydan:
I thought that every pet was an "emotional support animal". [huh]

Exactly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:23 pm

$1:
PETA Senior Vice President Daphna Nachminovitch told Fox News: "One phone call could have saved this animal, or some kind person at the airport could have helped. Flushing a living being down the toilet is not only cruel but also illegal, and both the person who killed this animal and Spirit Airlines - if an employee did, in fact, advise the woman to drown the hamster - should be charged. This must have been a horrific, terrifying death."

Said it all right there

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
This is why driving is better. All the loons are on the outside in their own vehicles compared to flying where you're trapped in the cabin with them. She also should have given an emergency call to Richard Gere for some advice on how to......hide the hamster. Image

R=UP