Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
First off I disagree that Colbert’s comments were worse than the executives alleged comments and subsequent retaliatory workplace bullying.

Secondly criticizing the president in a stand-up comedy routine is in no way similar to workplace harassment and bullying. They’re not even in the same ballpark.

You guys are missing my point.

I couldn't give a shit about that white bread left wing loser Stephen Colbert or his idiot woman harassing boss. What I have a problem with is Colbert's hypocrisy and willingness to claim the moral highground by attacking Favale for doing things as reprehensible as what he did.

BTW do you consider calling someone a cocksucker and bitch criticism? I may be wrong but
given today's PC climate isn't that considered verbal assault, or does that interpretation only apply to everyone not named Trump?

Well there is no such thing as verbal assault.

And no, they aren't any where near as reprehensible. If you compare someone calling Donald Trump a cocksucker to a executive sexually harassing a woman, congratulations, you're part of the problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 am

herbie herbie:
$1:
left-wing fascist agenda

Sorry you blew any chance of me listening to you.
Sorry you're so close-minded.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 am

Tricks Tricks:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
First off I disagree that Colbert’s comments were worse than the executives alleged comments and subsequent retaliatory workplace bullying.

Secondly criticizing the president in a stand-up comedy routine is in no way similar to workplace harassment and bullying. They’re not even in the same ballpark.

I couldn't give a shit about that white bread left wing loser Stephen Colbert or his idiot woman harassing boss. What I have a problem with is Colbert's hypocrisy and willingness to claim the moral highground by attacking Favale for doing things as reprehensible as what he did.

BTW do you consider calling someone a cocksucker and bitch criticism? I may be wrong but
given today's PC climate isn't that considered verbal assault, or does that interpretation only apply to everyone not named Trump?

And no, they aren't any where near as reprehensible. If you compare someone calling Donald Trump a cocksucker to a executive sexually harassing a woman, congratulations, you're part of the problem.
I dunno, if you're willing to get worked up over some executive (or judge) in the US while giving our PM a free-pass, you're also part of the problem. (Not you specifically Tricks).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am

Tricks Tricks:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

And no, they aren't any where near as reprehensible. If you compare someone calling Donald Trump a cocksucker to a executive sexually harassing a woman, coungratulations, you're part of the problem.

Nicely said!

Although I think ther may be in fact something that’s commonly called “verbal assault” but it pertains to threats and harassment not comedians who dare to make fun of Republican Presidents

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Tricks Tricks:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Once again you've got your facts mixed up. Vinnie Favale wasn't accused of sexual harrassment he was accused of "sexual and homophobic language in the work place".

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/entertai ... index.html

But here's the real reason that Colbert got away with using homophobic slurs on National Television and then took Favale out using the same tactic.

$1:
Some of the people CNN spoke to also allege Favale made homophobic comments. A current CBS employee and the former executive said they heard Favale derogatorily use "homos" and "gay" in reference to heterosexual guests and co-workers. He allegedly questioned Colbert's sexual orientation in rehearsals.
"He would frequently call Stephen [Colbert] gay because of his seeming inability to interview women well," the former executive told CNN. "He would say this in rehearsals, the control room. Sometimes the CBS attorney would even be present, which to me is just shocking that nothing was done."

So, once again it was internal politics that played a role in Favale's demise and Colbert's rise to sainthood. And, while both are disgusting degenerates it doesn't change the fact that both of them used "homophobic" slurs against other people in an attempt to be "funny". The only difference between the two is that CBS makes alot more money off of Colbert than they do with Favale which is likely why they stuck with Colbert despite his actions.

But, if my correcting you and not agreeing with your point of view on all these allegations makes me part of the problem so be it but, I won't be cowed into silence by anyone's accusations. I'm also not going to stop pointing out that accusations don't equal guilt especially since in a Democratic country the rule of law applies for all citizens and that law says you're innocent until proven guilty and any finding of guilt must be beyond a reasonable doubt.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Again you ridiculously fail to differentiate between a comedian making fun of the president and someone creating a toxic work environment for his subordinates.

Your argument is ludicrous.

Also Colbert is hardly a “degenerate” just because he mocks Trump au you’re a Trump fanboi. Do you know he’s a Sunday school teacher? Here’s more on Colberts “degenerate” views:

$1:
6 Times Stephen Colbert Got Serious About Faith

When Colbert dares to get real, he's surprisingly passionate about his beliefs.

Jesse CareyApril 14, 2014..,

https://relevantmagazine.com/culture/6- ... bout-faith

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Once again you've got your facts mixed up. Vinnie Favale wasn't accused of sexual harrassment he was accused of "sexual and homophobic language in the work place".

Speaking of getting facts mixed up, didn't you suggest that was 'verbal assault'?

But here's the real reason that Colbert got away with using homophobic slurs on National Television and then took Favale out using the same tactic.

Telling someone to get someone's dick out of their mouth, in the context used, was indicating that Trump is essentially a servant to Putin.

Being 'homophobic' means that Colbert would be afraid of gay people or that the action of sucking a cock is somehow bad or wrong.

If Colbert made the comment about Angela Merkel, and told Trump to get her muff out of his mouth, would that be considered 'heterophobic'?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Tricks Tricks:
I love how the far left and the far right are such delicate snowflakes.

It's a self perpetuating state that isn't going to stop till it implodes taking all the clowns with it.

I look forward to that day

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Again you ridiculously fail to differentiate between a comedian making fun of the president and someone creating a toxic work environment for his subordinates.

Your argument is ludicrous.

Also Colbert is hardly a “degenerate” just because he mocks Trump au you’re a Trump fanboi. Do you know he’s a Sunday school teacher? Here’s more on Colberts “degenerate” views:

$1:
6 Times Stephen Colbert Got Serious About Faith

When Colbert dares to get real, he's surprisingly passionate about his beliefs.

Jesse CareyApril 14, 2014..,

https://relevantmagazine.com/culture/6- ... bout-faith

He may be passionate about his beliefs but, the fact remains that he was investigated by the FCC for using inappropriate language on Television and while the findings said "there was nothing actionable under the FCC’s rules” it doesn't mean he didn't use foul disgusting language to insult someone. As for Falvale, he likely made people uncomfortable in his workplace with his language but, by the same token Colbert made millions of Americans who voted for Trump uncomfortable by calling him Putins cocksucker. A fact with led to a campaign of "Fire Colbert" along with numerous complaints to the FCC for his insult.

But, once again you're missing my point and trying to say I'm comparing the foul language in the same context. I'm not comparing the two insults at all because that isn't the issue. I'm bitching about Colberts action after the Vinnie Favale revelation, especially when it was discovered that he regularly called Colbert a homosexual. Colbert suddenly took the moral high ground and used his TV program to go after Favale for using homophobic sexual language and making people uncomfortable. Yet he had no compunction about doing the exact same thing to Donald Trump on his program a fact which makes him a hypocrite.

There is no way he can claim "comedy" for his actions because if that was a viable excuse for excess, Roseanne Barr would still be on TV.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm

You can't use Colbert and funny in the same sentence.

If anyone wants to see derogatory funny they should look up Bernard Manning.
If you're a constantly angry snowflake, don't bother.

For those with some gumption here's a video...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:29 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/entertai ... index.html

$1:
"I'll never forget the day he told me he got four erections while watching Jennifer Hudson rehearse," a female former CBS executive recalled to CNN.
That's sexual harassment in any company that doesn't want to be sued into oblivion.

What homophobic slur did Colbert use? Cock Holster? 1, that's hilarious. 2. the majority of the outrage was by the right. The right does not get to have outrage at anyone making a joke about gay people. They actively try to remove gay people's rights and in some cases, like the Vice President of the United Fucking States, has supported outright torture of these individuals.

So if you really want to get into what's offensive to gay people, we can, but I guarantee you that's going to lean heavily to one side.

Last edited by Tricks on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:31 pm

He may be passionate about his beliefs but, the fact remains that he was investigated by the FCC for using inappropriate language on Television and while the findings said "there was nothing actionable under the FCC’s rules” it doesn't mean he didn't use foul disgusting language to insult someone.
So he didn't violate any rules and you're mad about it?

$1:
As for Falvale, he likely made people uncomfortable in his workplace with his language but, by the same token Colbert made millions of Americans who voted for Trump uncomfortable by calling him Putins cocksucker. A fact with led to a campaign of "Fire Colbert" along with numerous complaints to the FCC for his insult.
An executive at a company making the employees underneath him uncomfortable with sexual comments =/= snowflakes being offended by laughing at who they voted for. Sorry.