bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
andyt andyt:
Just stuff a great big burning wad of the stuff at the heater air intake, set fan speed to stun, and you're golden.

I don't actually know what a hemostat is, but it sounds like something to do with blood.

Hemostats are surgical equipment used for clamping off blood vessels.

Oh, wow dude. We always called that a roach clip, man. Far out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 am

BRAH BRAH:
Then there should also be a study between alcholol and car crashes.. :roll:

There should be a study between sobriety and car crashes, injuries and fatalities. and drunk drivers and car crashes, injuries and fatalities. I bet less drunk people die in a car crash than sober people... :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:50 am

Brenda Brenda:
BRAH BRAH:
Then there should also be a study between alcholol and car crashes.. :roll:

There should be a study between sobriety and car crashes, injuries and fatalities. and drunk drivers and car crashes, injuries and fatalities. I bet less drunk people die in a car crash than sober people... :P

I'll bet more sober people are killed by drunk people than drunk people killed by sober ones in car accients.

That's why the charge is 'impaired driving'. Whether the impariment comes from alcohol, weed, or flu remdies - it's still 'impairment'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 am

andyt andyt:
andyt andyt:
Just stuff a great big burning wad of the stuff at the heater air intake, set fan speed to stun, and you're golden.

I don't actually know what a hemostat is, but it sounds like something to do with blood.

Hemostats are surgical equipment used for clamping off blood vessels.

I never liked using roach clips because they were often small enough to be a problem when passing whilst driving. Hemos are nice and big so you don't have to take your eyes off the road for one second to pass or receive.

Not that I recommend said activity. Actually, I don't drive when I'm high anymore.
Getting to old for that now :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 am

The curve cuts the interference problem with the roach too.

Wow, recall of a 34 year old memory. Couldn't have smoked too much before I joined the green machine! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am

The problem with this study is that THC and its metabolites are lipophilic. So while hydrophilic drugs like alcohol and crack are washed out of your system in a matter of hours, pot can hang around for weeks. So the study will not determine if pot-impaired drivers are causing more accidents. It will determine if people who have smoked pot in the last few weeks are more likely to be involved in motor vehilce accidents.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am

I never liked using roach clips because they were often small enough to be a problem when passing whilst driving. Hemos are nice and big so you don't have to take your eyes off the road for one second to pass or receive.

Not that I recommend said activity. Actually, I don't drive when I'm high anymore.
Getting to old for that now :lol:[/quote]

Anything that holds a joint is a roach clip. I've used hemostats to folded over paper match covers. It's all good.

I'm way past driving impaired, haven't done so for 30 years. Actually I'm way past getting impaired, period. I now get in a high dudgeon when someone kills/hurts others cause they drive while impaired. Throw away the key. In my defense, I've never hurt anybody with a car, impaired or sober.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:21 am

Yeah, I realize that anything used to grip the roach is a roach clip. However, for years most of what I've seen used and got used to calling roach clips were those shitty little alligator clips.

But hey, at least I'm not as bad as my wife. She calls the hemos, "that little scissor thingy". :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:39 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The problem with this study is that THC and its metabolites are lipophilic. So while hydrophilic drugs like alcohol and crack are washed out of your system in a matter of hours, pot can hang around for weeks. So the study will not determine if pot-impaired drivers are causing more accidents. It will determine if people who have smoked pot in the last few weeks are more likely to be involved in motor vehilce accidents.

If pot isn't a contributing factor, then the people who smoked in the past few weeks shouldn't have a higher accident rate than people who haven't though. Except it might actually show that younger people, and people who engage in risky behaviour are more accident prone instead, then the study is useless.