Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So, you guys are saying BRAH pulled a 3 year old article out of the bin so he could feel like a victim? :o

No.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So, you guys are saying BRAH pulled a 3 year old article out of the bin so he could feel like a victim? :o

We all know he has issues. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:13 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Who's playing victim and what's your point Mod? You have no idea what the economic reality is from your secure Government job , hypocrite. If you honesty think it's better now for Albertans who have lost their jobs, homes etc you're an idiot. :roll:

Last edited by BRAH on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 am

BRAH BRAH:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Who's playing victim and what's your point Mod? You have no idea what the economic reality is from your secure Government job , hypocrite. If you honesty think it's better now for Albertans who have lost their jobs, homes etc you're an idiot. :roll:

I have no 'secure Government job'. That is, once again, a figment of your insecurity.

And feel free to quote my writing any of the rest of what you attribute to me. Oh, and careful with the personal insults, mmmmkay?

raydan raydan:

Yep. I just call them like I see them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 am

Coach85 Coach85:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

But you are right about the pettiness of Canadians. We're every bit as disgusting as the Americans we pretend to be better than and as long as that holier than thou attitude lasts while we spend our free time destroying each other out of jealousy and spite this country will continue to become more and more like our southern neighbours.

Speak for yourself.

I can honestly say that I have never in my life heard anyone from my neck of the woods (Southern Ontario) or places that I visit often on the East coast say a negative word about anything, Province or person from Western Canada. We spend a lot of time bashing our OWN Province and how shitty it is.

We do often talk about how beautiful Western Canada is. I'm going to see a friend this Christmas in Jasper.

The only place I've heard of this alleged pettiness of Canadians and hate for one side or another is on here.

What a cloistered life you've led.

I've spent my life crossing Canada for various reasons and pretty much everywhere I went when the topic of Alberta came up the first thing I heard was how much Alberta was Canada's Texas and how they were all arrogant blue eyed shieks who used their money to lord it over the rest of Canada. The rant usually went on to explain how Albertan's all had vast sums of money that they used to buy out of province property which is making it impossible for these people to afford to buy a house.

The only thing I never heard from one of these complainers was why Alberta should stop making transfer payments. Hell, some of them went so far as to claim that the oil belongs to all Canadians not Alberta and that they had a moral obligation to share it with everyone even if in doing so damages their province.

And for the record all you have to do is look back through the Alberta threads on this forum to know that I'm not making this crap up. We had a very large number of people who used to reside on this forum who were quite willing to insult insinuate and hate Alberta because they saw them as having something their provinces didn't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 am

Coach85 Coach85:

But you are right about the pettiness of Canadians. We're every bit as disgusting as the Americans we pretend to be better than and as long as that holier than thou attitude lasts while we spend our free time destroying each other out of jealousy and spite this country will continue to become more and more like our southern neighbours.

Speak for yourself.

I can honestly say that I have never in my life heard anyone from my neck of the woods (Southern Ontario) or places that I visit often on the East coast say a negative word about anything, Province or person from Western Canada. We spend a lot of time bashing our OWN Province and how shitty it is.

We do often talk about how beautiful Western Canada is. I'm going to see a friend this Christmas in Jasper.

The only place I've heard of this alleged pettiness of Canadians and hate for one side or another is on here.

I've spent my life crossing Canada for various reasons and pretty much everywhere I went when the topic of Alberta came up the first thing I heard was how much Alberta was Canada's Texas and how they were all arrogant blue eyed shieks who used their money to lord it over the rest of Canada. The rant usually went on to explain how Albertan's all had vast sums of money that they used to buy out of province property which is making it impossible for these people to afford to buy a house.

The only thing I never heard from one of these complainers was why Alberta should stop making transfer payments. Hell, some of them went so far as to claim that the oil belongs to all Canadians not Alberta and that they had a moral obligation to share it with everyone even if doing so damages their province.

And for the record all you have to do is look back through the Alberta threads on this forum to know that I'm not making this crap up. We had a very large number of people who used to reside on this forum who were quite willing to insult insinuate and hate on Alberta because they saw them as having something their provinces didn't.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:41 am

raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

We all do. I mean, what else are you going to read on the "throne?" Or am I thinking of something else? :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:42 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I have no 'secure Government job'. That is, once again, a figment of your insecurity.

And feel free to quote my writing any of the rest of what you attribute to me. Oh, and careful with the personal insults, mmmmkay?

raydan raydan:

The only one who has issues is you because you're a Leftist Hypocrite who has no idea what the economic reality is Albertans are facing because you live in a Bubble. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:00 pm

BRAH BRAH:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

raydan raydan:

The only one who has issues is you because you're a Leftist Hypocrite who has no idea what the economic reality is Albertans are facing because you live in a Bubble. :wink:

What am I hypocritical about? What am I leftist about, for that matter? Which bubble do I live in?

And as you point out, I work at Alberta Finance and Treasury Board. I know exactly, to two decimal places, what the economic reality in Alberta is. :idea:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:15 pm

The only thing I never heard from one of these complainers was why Alberta should stop making transfer payments. Hell, some of them went so far as to claim that the oil belongs to all Canadians not Alberta and that they had a moral obligation to share it with everyone even if in doing so damages their province.

And for the record all you have to do is look back through the Alberta threads on this forum to know that I'm not making this crap up. We had a very large number of people who used to reside on this forum who were quite wi ya insult insinuate and hate Alberta because they saw them as having something their provinces didn't.

You must talk to different Canadians than I do. I haven’t heard that stuff, except from a few unrepresentatives whiners, at all. In fact, most of the whinnying I have heard was going the other way.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

What am I hypocritical about? What am I leftist about, for that matter? Which bubble do I live in?

And as you point out, I work at Alberta Finance and Treasury Board. I know exactly, to two decimal places, what the economic reality in Alberta is. :idea:

So you know Albertans who have literally lost everything, homes, jobs etc where all hope is lost and the only options they see are is leave Alberta or take their own life. If you don't then you have no idea because they're not numbers or statistics.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:26 pm

BRAH BRAH:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

So you know Albertans who have literally lost everything, homes, jobs etc where all hope is lost and the only options they see are is leave Alberta or take their own life. If you don't then you have no idea because they're not numbers or statistics.

So instead of answering the questions I ask, asking you to defend your own post, you obfuscate with strawmen?

That's why you I see you as insecure. And yes, I have seen that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Coach85 Coach85:

Speak for yourself.

Other than good natured ribbing of Quebec, same here.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 pm

The only thing I never heard from one of these complainers was why Alberta should stop making transfer payments. Hell, some of them went so far as to claim that the oil belongs to all Canadians not Alberta and that they had a moral obligation to share it with everyone even if doing so damages their province.

And for the record all you have to do is look back through the Alberta threads on this forum to know that I'm not making this crap up. We had a very large number of people who used to reside on this forum who were quite willing to insult insinuate and hate on Alberta because they saw them as having something their provinces didn't.

No need to make assumptions, especially when they're wrong.

There are multiple people on here with experiences all over Canada that have never experienced the comments you have indicated above. Perhaps some insecurities on your part?

I have family and friends in Alberta and when I've talked to my friends in Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland about going to visit, not once have a heard a negative thing about that Province.

This perception you have is just that. It's not reality.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:33 pm

BRAH BRAH:

Do you re-read your own comments and think that they're even remotely intelligent? Serious question.